ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More than 180 Days Absence

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lockman
Newly Registered

More than 180 Days Absence

Post by lockman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:06 am

I am new to this forum and am impressed with the content and information available here.

I have a problem and want to know what options i have to solve this problem. I have spent more than 180 days out of UK due family reasons and am worried whether i will get exension after 3 years or not. I am registered as self employed with HMRC and have imported few goods in UK and sold to retailers but due to the fact that my father passed away recently and there was no one to look after my mother i had to spent some time in my home country. Now i am in a situation where i don't know whether i will get extension when my visa expires or not.
I have 2 years left in my visa and if i am certain to get rejection at the time of extension then i will like to quit now and return back rather than after 2 years.

Thanks in advance for your help

lockman
Newly Registered

Re: More than 180 Days Absence

Post by lockman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:21 pm

Any one !

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 pm

In order to obtain an extension to your leave to remain as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant you must score enough points and send supporting evidence where appropriate.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

lockman
Newly Registered

Post by lockman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:37 pm

Amber_ wrote:In order to obtain an extension to your leave to remain as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant you must score enough points and send supporting evidence where appropriate.
Thanks for replying. I have gone through Guide and the requirement of residency is not mentioned in attributes for scoring points, do you think if i score required points by investing 200K and generate 2 employments then i can get extension.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:01 pm

Ought to, the absence limit of 180 days per 12 months period would be decisive for the purpose of settlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.