ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wats next???????

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aliraza.lca

wats next???????

Post by aliraza.lca » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:19 pm

ALHUMDOLILLAH....got my Entrepreneur last week ...now planning to go for holidays...my partner wil stay here...

my question is that...how many days u can stay out side of uk after entrepreneur?
2nd question...
some 1 told me its 180 days...

if i came back b4 180 days..than how many days i have to stay in uk??

Ameer_zyzom

Re: wats next???????

Post by Ameer_zyzom » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:04 am

Re: Got My BRP Card...
by Olasunkanmi » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:36 am

@ Alik28, I wish you a safe trip and don't forget to not spend more than average of 4-6wks holiday except you have a genuine reason to do that because they will assume that an entrepreneur should not leave his business dormant for a long time.

Also make sure you prepare for any question at entry point when returning as the immigration officers are known to now pick on teir1 entrepreneur visa holders for routine questioning.

Make sure you have your business activities in place, and also make sure the funds are still available as required by law.

And lastly be bold and firm in your answers if they question you and bring their attention to the fact that you have right to holiday and they normally questions people to observe reaction and body languages because some people are always nervous when questioned and this might raise more questioning.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Happy holiday

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:28 am

PBS applicants should not exceed 180 days absence per 12 month period.

Long residence applicants should not exceed 180 days absence at any one time nor exceed 540 days absence in total.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:01 am

Many congratulations, remember one thing earlier in some posts there already some discussion about staying abroad for long time while your business is active is bit difficult. So make sure you plan ur holidays accordingly and also make sure you have all the answers already as well as remaining funds that you might haven't invested. Because at airport they are asking questions and you have to be prepared for this.

Good luck.

aliraza.lca

Post by aliraza.lca » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:12 pm

sorry guys...i still hav't got answer of my question....

my friend went to Pakistan after his visa approval..for almost 160 days and came back last week at manchester airport...

he was not asked any detailed question and came out very easily..now he is in uk...

he is planning to go back again...my question is that after spending 160 days outside now "HOW MANY DAYS HE MUST STAY HERE(is there any rule or restriction for that just like 180 days for max period for outside)?"

bcz he is planning to go back again next month....

thanx for ur help....

aliraza.lca

Post by aliraza.lca » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:48 am

waiting for reply guys???

bizz123

Post by bizz123 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:33 am

It's rule that u can't go outside of uk more than 180 days in any calendar year

Even more than 3 months also give u tough questions at airport

Regards

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Technically, a tier 1 entrepreneur visa holder can spent 180 calender days each year outside the UK in order to qualify for settlement after the stipulated 3yrs or 5yrs visa, but this will actually depend on the operation of his/her business. If the business is solely a UK operation then taking such a long holiday/break might raise questions if there are no concrete plans put in place to continue the operation while away for such a long time.

But if the visa holder also have business operations outside UK, then spending the stipulated 180days each year outside the UK can be justified.

But if someone who have business operation outside UK decide to spend more than 180days each year outside the UK or someone whose business continues operations fully while away for more than 180days each year, such entrepreneurs wont have any problem on entry back to UK as long as they can proof that their business operations continues fully in their absence but the problem will be that once they spend more than 180days outside UK, their residency status for settlement get broken and they have to start the clock again by making further extension of their visa.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

lockman
Newly Registered

Post by lockman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:52 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote: But if someone who have business operation outside UK decide to spend more than 180days each year outside the UK or someone whose business continues operations fully while away for more than 180days each year, such entrepreneurs wont have any problem on entry back to UK as long as they can proof that their business operations continues fully in their absence but the problem will be that once they spend more than 180days outside UK, their residency status for settlement get broken and they have to start the clock again by making further extension of their visa.
I have stayed out of UK for more than 180 days due to personal reasons, i am registered as a self employed with HMRC doing import related business. I have two years left in my T1 Entp Visa and am concerned whether i can get extension at the end of 3 years or will get rejection for being out of UK for more than 180 days.

From your statement above it seems that i can manage my residency requirement, can you please elaborate your above quoted comments.

Thanks