ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

getting Permanent Visa for my IN laws

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ginajohn
Newly Registered

getting Permanent Visa for my IN laws

Post by Ginajohn » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:03 am

Hi
I would like to know if i can apply for my in laws to come here permanently.Me and husband are full time workers.We got ILR.I laws are over 75years old.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: getting Permanent Visa for my IN laws

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:10 am

Almost impossible if u read the stories under topic elderly dependent you will get all the info
ss

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: getting Permanent Visa for my IN laws

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:57 am

Virtually impossible under current rules, unless your both of your in-laws meet all of the following criteria:
You must prove that:
you need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks
the care you need is not available or affordable in the country you live in
the person you’ll be joining in the UK will be able to support, accommodate and care for you without claiming public funds for at least 5 years
you’re 18 or over
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.