ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees renewing passports

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katwmn6

Referees renewing passports

Post by katwmn6 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 am

I know it's been established that referees with expired passports are fine, but what about referees who are in the process of renewing their passport?

Both of my referees (and my backup referee) are applying for new passports within one week of me sending off my naturalisation application. As their passport numbers with change, could this cause problems with my application?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referees renewing passports

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:43 am

No, it won't as their details will be available if necessary on either passport number as they are linked specifically to the individual.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:25 am

CR001 wrote:No, it won't as their details will be available if necessary on either passport number as they are linked specifically to the individual.
Thanks for your quick reply.

I phoned the NCS where I have an appointment and was told all referees need to have a current, valid passport and therefore anyone currently renewing their passport is unable to act as a referee.

Confused.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:36 am

It is not a condition of being a British Citizen to hold a passport. Some British people have never had a passport. You could ask your referees to write 'details provided on request' in the passport number section if you want to. UKBA has access to the systems to verify referees details if they need to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:47 pm

Which NCS are you using?

I submitted my application yesterday without the passport details of my professional referee. I pointed that out to the lady at the NCS. She advised that as the professional referee need not be a British citizen, that was all right.

I believe that, as CR001 advises above, a British citizen is not required to have a passport and therefore that field need not be filled in. Indeed, the form itself asks for the "Current British citizen passport number (if any)". Quod erat demonstrandum.