ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

doc required for cohabitant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suchita02
Newly Registered

doc required for cohabitant

Post by suchita02 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:00 pm

we are going to apply for ILR under tier 2 (ICT 2) category
Can you please let us know if the following documents are sufficient under the documents required for cohabitant?
1. Letter from Council on main applicant’s name only showing the house address. Does not contain dependent’s name
2. Random bank statement for one year for dependent at the same house address to which Main applicant stays.
3. 2 separate Letter from Electoral registrar office for last two years showing the main applicant and dependent with home address. These are individual letters on same address
4. UKBA letters (previous visa letters) showing address sent to each individual (main applicant and dependent)
We don’t have any letter which contains both main and dependents name on one letter as a document for cohabitation.
Can you let us know if these will be sufficient or not.

ranjeet1979

Re: doc required for cohabitant

Post by ranjeet1979 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 am

If you don't have any joint letter then try to arrange 6 individual letters for both of you for last 2 years. These letters should be from three different sources like council,bank and utility (landline bill,electric bill ,TV License etc).

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:44 am

I have just had my ILR processed. I did not have anything under a joint name except mortgage statement (for past 2 years). I had submitted that ofcourse, but as for rest, I submitted her own bank statement and mine to confirm our residence to be the same and letter from my previous UKBA extension application.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

suchita02
Newly Registered

Post by suchita02 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:18 pm

But I have got only one doc under joint name which is council tax bill year 2009-10 and 2010-11.
Address on these bill is our previous address.
Can we submit this 3 year old council tax bill.( on previous address)?

Since July 2011 we moved to address we are currently living. Since than council tax bill has only my husband (main applicant) name.

I (dependent) also have past two years NHS letters ,UKBA letter (2010 visa ext. and 2012 visa ext.) , my bank statements( since dec 2012) , letter from electrol registration office ( February 2012 and February 2014), letter from government gateway (dated 1/06/2012).

My husband has all utility bill, HMRC letter, bank statement etc on his name.

Can you one suggest which doc should I submit?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:21 pm

I took with me almost all the documents you listed (ones you have) and submitted whole. You have to understand that they are after a proof that your relationship exist. There is NO requirement to have something under a joint name. Different documents from you and your husband (the main applicant) showing the same address will suffice!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

ranjeet1979

Post by ranjeet1979 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi Suchita
I got my ILR on 10th Feb at PEO Croydon. You need to establish the fact that you and your husband both are living together since you extended your visa (last 2 years in case of Tier-1 general). I was told by PEO contact centre that one needs to submit 6 individual letters(for both of you...total 12 letters) spread across last 2 years in case if joint letters are not available. These letters must be from 3 different sources.

I had provided 6 joint letters ( 2 council tax, 2 BT bills and 2 joint bank statements)