ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirements of dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

entrepreneur123

English Requirements of dependent

Post by entrepreneur123 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:59 am

I got quick question, if someone can help me.
What are the English requirments of dependent of ILR holder?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: English Requirements of dependent

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:09 am

For extending or getting first time visa is English level a1 CEFR and for indefinite it's b1
ss

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:13 am

Thanks for your reply. Actully my friend's wife is in Pakistan, and my friend just got ILR. Can she do IELTS? if yes what score she will need? could you please explain what is B1? also do my friend need to show £18k income? thanks

SSWSZ wrote:For extending or getting first time visa is English level a1 CEFR and for indefinite it's b1

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:35 am

Yes IELTS or esol is acceptable but I don't know if we compare how much you have to score but I search online it is showing marks between 4.0 to 5.0.i myself did pet exam b1level if you search online you will get all the info and for her wife home office required speaking and listening qualification at leat a1 level for her .she can also show her degree if her degree is equal to uk bachelor degree then She should just get the statement from naric that degree is equal to bachelor and letter from her college or uni that degree is taught in English it suffice.

entrepreneur123 wrote:Thanks for your reply. Actully my friend's wife is in Pakistan, and my friend just got ILR. Can she do IELTS? if yes what score she will need? could you please explain what is B1? also do my friend need to show £18k income? thanks

SSWSZ wrote:For extending or getting first time visa is English level a1 CEFR and for indefinite it's b1
ss

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:35 am

Thanks. She do not have any degree. So if she do Ielts with score of 5 then that will be enough? also will earning limit of £18k will apply on my friend as well? thanks
SSWSZ wrote:Yes IELTS or esol is acceptable but I don't know if we compare how much you have to score but I search online it is showing marks between 4.0 to 5.0.i myself did pet exam b1level if you search online you will get all the info and for her wife home office required speaking and listening qualification at leat a1 level for her .she can also show her degree if her degree is equal to uk bachelor degree then She should just get the statement from naric that degree is equal to bachelor and letter from her college or uni that degree is taught in English it suffice.

entrepreneur123 wrote:Thanks for your reply. Actully my friend's wife is in Pakistan, and my friend just got ILR. Can she do IELTS? if yes what score she will need? could you please explain what is B1? also do my friend need to show £18k income? thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:45 am

Yes he has to show earning but in few days time decision is expected regarding earning as the case is in high court so it's better to wait .till that time gather your proofs
ss

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:50 am

ok many thanks for your help.
SSWSZ wrote:Yes he has to show earning but in few days time decision is expected regarding earning as the case is in high court so it's better to wait .till that time gather your proofs

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:04 pm

brother, if someone is coming in UK as dependent of Tier 1 then do he needs to show English level? if yes could you please give me some link, as i cannot find this information. Many thanks in advance

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:33 am

I don't think there is such requirement for tier 1 dependant ,
It only applies on a settlement route ,
Experts can correct me if im wrong :|