ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maria20110

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by maria20110 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Hello All,
Has nobody received any approval letter today?? It's past POSTMAN time and not one post for today..

nadeemiqbal

Post by nadeemiqbal » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:49 pm

hi everyone,

i am still waiting.... i applied on the 11 october.
i called last week on friday and i was told it is still with the case worker.... its been 3 weeks since i was told the case is with caseworker ..... does anyone know how long the case worker takes to decide????
my case is very straight forward.....student+PSW+TIER 1 never overstayed and no convictions.......

has anyone called HOMEOFFICE today?????
@shafmar...... any update mate?

waiting.... nadeem

keepwaitingg
Newly Registered

Post by keepwaitingg » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:57 pm

nadeemiqbal wrote:hi everyone,

i am still waiting.... i applied on the 11 october.
i called last week on friday and i was told it is still with the case worker.... its been 3 weeks since i was told the case is with caseworker ..... does anyone know how long the case worker takes to decide????
my case is very straight forward.....student+PSW+TIER 1 never overstayed and no convictions.......

has anyone called HOMEOFFICE today?????
@shafmar...... any update mate?

waiting.... nadeem

Hi Naademıqbal; I applied 20 sept 2013 still waiting
Home Office 27 february 2014
Status of Postal Applications between 19th September 2013 - 26th September 2013
outcome Rounded Number of Cases
Granted
Refused
Rejected
Other
Pending
Sum
keepwaitingg
Newly Registered

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:05 pm

Assalamoalikum
Has anyone rang HO to know which month applicants they are dealing with. When I rang last week lady hasn't have the updates. Good luck for everyone including me.
Raaz

shafmar

Post by shafmar » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi Nadeem ,
Ye I have called the home office and it's a standard reply " THE CASE IS WITH THE CASE WORKER"
Trust me .. I am sick of this entire thing like everyone else. It's sucked a lot of blood out if me .
It's come to a point where I am not worried about the outcome but just give me a decision.

Thanks

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:45 pm

tulib143 wrote:Hi everybody .... I have just got my brp card which state indefinite leave to remain.
I been 10 years on student visa.
Thank u.
CONGRATS for freedom.....
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

nadeemiqbal

Post by nadeemiqbal » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi shafmar

Just been on the phone to HO and yes again the same answer keep waiting

Very frusrtrating ...... As it is still with the case worker

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:55 pm

maria20110 wrote:Hello All,
Has nobody received any approval letter today?? It's past POSTMAN time and not one post for today..
Yea it seems like a quite day today....

chokedup

Post by chokedup » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:39 pm

update: biometric letter received: dated 25/02/2014
Bio submitted 03/03/2014
apparently this is the second letter, the first one went missing (which according to my calculations must have been sent around 1st week of Feb)
my story; 6 years student, 2 years PSW, 2 years EEA (family member)
docs submitted: 8/01/2014
ack letter received:13/01/2014
payment taken:15/01/2014

Tanaellie103
Newly Registered

Post by Tanaellie103 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:28 pm

Hi guys I wonder if you can help me. I am filling in a set lr form. 4yrs +5yrs ancestry+1yr as a parent of a 10yr old born in the uk. At the end of the first 4yrs I posted my application 28 days before my visa expired. it was expiring on the 26/01/08. The HO received my application by the 1/01/08. They had my passport and returned it with a visa for a further 5 yrs and the permit date of issue was 28/01/08. There is a two day gap and even thought they had my passport I was wondering if they would penalise me for this. I have searched for the acknowledgement letter they sent back then but can't find it.

Will it be okay to send the application without the letter to prove they had my passport during the gap? Wat do I do?

Thanks in advance....

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Ho is considering the date you post your application not the time they took to decide for application .if your visa is expiring on 27 feb and you send the application on 27 feb then you are on time even if ho will take 1 year for decision. You send your application before visa expiry .dont worry

Tanaellie103 wrote:Hi guys I wonder if you can help me. I am filling in a set lr form. 4yrs +5yrs ancestry+1yr as a parent of a 10yr old born in the uk. At the end of the first 4yrs I posted my application 28 days before my visa expired. it was expiring on the 26/01/08. The HO received my application by the 1/01/08. They had my passport and returned it with a visa for a further 5 yrs and the permit date of issue was 28/01/08. There is a two day gap and even thought they had my passport I was wondering if they would penalise me for this. I have searched for the acknowledgement letter they sent back then but can't find it.

Will it be okay to send the application without the letter to prove they had my passport during the gap? Wat do I do?

Thanks in advance....
ss

Tanaellie103
Newly Registered

Post by Tanaellie103 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:48 pm

Thank you sswsz :)

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:17 pm

masud0174 wrote:Confusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Solicitors received Documents on 18th February and they are waiting for BRP.
I have called HO today and was trying if somehow i can get the tracking no for BRP. They said "BRP has not been sent out yet".
According to their records documents has been sent on 17th February. Thats almost 7 working days gone away ! I am not quite sure what should i do now :? . Solicitors did not provide me any copy of the documents. It is very difficult to reach in Solicitor.
If you can please advise me. :roll:

Still waiting for BRP ! No trace ! One of my friend said last year he has received BRP after one Month ! I do not know how long it will take.
FLR M OR FLR O

khani

Post by khani » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:30 pm

yasin333 wrote:As i said before i got refused for my ilr. Please find the reason below. Extract taken from refusal letter:

You made an in time application for further leave on 31 January 2007 and your leave continued under Section 3C until 16 February 2007 when your application was rejected because you had not submitted the prescribed fee and had not completed the payment details of your application form. It is noted that the Home Office letter informing you that your application was invalid, dated 16 February 2007, stated that if you wished your application to be considered you must return your application form with the correct fee payment within 28 days. You re-submitted an application on 19 March 2007, 31 days after your application was rejected, however, this was also rejected as invalid because the payment details you submitted were rejected by the issuing bank. You were advised of this in writing on 23 March 2007 and were also notified that you would be required to submit a new application for leave to remain.

On 02 April 2007 you made an out of time application for leave to remain as a student and this was rejected on 22 April 2007 because you had not submitted the appropriate application form and you had only submitted a partial fee payment.

On 08 May 2007 you made a further out of time application for further leave to remain as a student. Your representative’s covering letter, dated 02 September 2013, claims that this application was accepted as in time application referring to an erroneous note made on our internal system, that you obtained following a Subject access request in May 2013. It is noted that after submitting an application on 08 May 2007, that was 81 days out of time, you were subsequently granted a period of leave to remain as a student on 01 June 2007. This was because Immigration Rules for leave to remain in that capacity did not require that applicants have extant leave at the time of application. Further in your case, as you were granted further leave to remain in the capacity of student, it should be noted that this is a category that does not of itself lead to settlement. It should not therefore, be inferred that as leave was subsequently granted in your case that this raises an expectation that any future application on the basis of long residence would see the requirement to have spent a period of 10 years lawful continuous residence in the Uk waived.

With this in mind, you were without valid leave from 17 February until 31 May 2007, a period of approximately 104 days. As such your period of continuous lawful residence is considered to have been broken at this point.

Therefore you cannot demonstrate 10 years continuous lawful residence in the Uk and cannot meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules with reference to Paragraph 276 B(i)(a)

I talked to an oisc immigration adviser yesterday and found out:

I got a very strong argument that it was 28 days and not 31 days

Basically from the long residence guidance, the The 28 day period of overstaying is calculated from the latest of:

the point that a migrant is deemed to have received a written notice of invalidity, in line
with paragraph 34C or 34CA of the Immigration Rules, in relation to an in-time
application for further leave to remain.

Deemed to have received according to Immigration rule is the day after except if it was a business day

On my Sar, it is written that outcome was finalised on 16 feb 2007 and was dispatched to me on 16 feb 2007

Based on Immigration rules above:

I would have received notice of invalidity on 19 feb as 17 feb was a saturday and 19 feb to 19 Mar is 28 days as feb 2007 was only 28 days

so that the app was returned within 28 days and not 31

Now that this has been covered, my main issue is the subsequent apps that were rejected. All of them were returned in time but I dont know if that will have any effect on my case.

Can somebody please help me on this?

Based on the argument above, can i apply for a reconsideration side by side with my appeal?

Sorry for your refusal, but I have never seen such an irresponsible case before, you didnt complete the payment section first time, HO gave you 28 days to sent it again, but you sent it after 31 days that too with wrong payment detail again, then they gave you another chance to submit , still you submitted wrong form with incorrect payment again. They now have every right to reject your application to be honest. Sorry but that was gross irresponsibility.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:56 am

Hello I need an urgent advise , Any one who can suggest me on my this case ,

I am going to complete my 10 years in July 2014 , However i have got Tier 4 student visa valid till AUG 2015 through highly trusted college ...

As i will apply for ILR in JULY 2014 and hopefully i will get the outcome of my Application by the end of Dec 2014 ,

What if i will not attend college after July 2014 ?

Will it effect my ILR if my highly trusted college inform HO about my absence from College ?

Do any one have got idea how , when in which circumstances Colleges can take any action against it ?

Any possible consequences ?

Actually the only reason i don't want to attend college after JULY 2014 Is that i don't want to pay further fees of any semester to the college so is there any one who can suggest me what should i have do ?

Any one who can reply with some good suggestion , or any one who knows any case similar to my one ?

And if by any chance i have posted this post on wrong forum or topic please correct me ....

Thanks

Shah

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:56 am

Shahkakaram wrote:Hello I need an urgent advise , Any one who can suggest me on my this case ,

I am going to complete my 10 years in July 2014 , However i have got Tier 4 student visa valid till AUG 2015 through highly trusted college ...

As i will apply for ILR in JULY 2014 and hopefully i will get the outcome of my Application by the end of Dec 2014 ,

Will it effect my ILR if my highly trusted college inform HO about my absence from College ?

Do any one have got idea how , when in which circumstances Colleges can take any action against it ?

Actually the only reason i don't want to attend college after JULY 2014 Is that i don't want to pay further fees of any semester to the college so is there any one who can suggest me what should i have do ?

Any one who can reply with some good suggestion , or any one who knows any case similar to my one ?

And if by any chance i have posted this post on wrong forum or topic please correct me ....

Thanks

Shah
shah,
One of my friend have suffered lots in same case like you. I am suggesting you to keep the relationship with college. Even it is better pay lumsum amount to college and hold you connection with them ! After submitting your ILR application, do not talk too much with college, keep quite and let the time to go. Much argument with college, much trouble ! "This is not the guide lines, This is a case study of my friend's".

Also you can apply 28 days before your 10 years complete. If you take that opportunity, it will reduce your hassle with college.
FLR M OR FLR O

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:59 am

masud0174 wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote:Hello I need an urgent advise , Any one who can suggest me on my this case ,

Thanks

Shah
shah,
One of my friend have suffered lots in same case like you. I am suggesting you to keep the relationship with college. Even it is better pay lumsum amount to college and hold you connection with them ! After submitting your ILR application, do not talk too much with college, keep quite and let the time to go. Much argument with college, much trouble ! "This is not the guide lines, This is a case study of my friend's".

Also you can apply 28 days before your 10 years complete. If you take that opportunity, it will reduce your hassle with college.

Masud ,

Thank u very much ....

Can you discuss me in private message what exactly your friend faced ?

i understand why i should not mess up with college :) but if i will not tell any thing to college , do u know wats the procedure that college follow to report UKBA ...

Actually my semester will start in September 2014 and i m dropping application in mid june 2014 .. so hopefully i will get my reply end of OCT 2014 if HO will not take longer other wise it will take max 6 months i.e Dec 2014 ....so by keeping quite will it not effect my app ?

Please discuss me in PRIVATE MESSAGE if u can thanks !

SHAH

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:21 am

khani wrote: Sorry for your refusal, but I have never seen such an irresponsible case before, you didnt complete the payment section first time, HO gave you 28 days to sent it again, but you sent it after 31 days that too with wrong payment detail again, then they gave you another chance to submit , still you submitted wrong form with incorrect payment again. They now have every right to reject your application to be honest. Sorry but that was gross irresponsibility.
I have to agree 100%, cannot believe the solicitor allowed these mistakes to be made, this is why you have to be very careful with the solicitor you choose, there are so many cowboys out there that only want your money.

I have not used a single solicitor for any of my applications over the last 10 years, these boards have a wealth of information and if your case is straightforward I would advise doing your own research and applying yourself to save money.

Obviously if your case is complicated then it is advisable to use a respected solicitor, but I would like to thank the board again for saving me thousands of pounds and stress over the years.

Very sorry to hear about your refusal Yasin, I hope things work out for you.

Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

Umar09
Newly Registered

Post by Umar09 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:05 pm

masud0174 wrote:

Thanks

Shah
shah,

Adding up just one thing, until unless your lodged application does not get approved you are considered having your previous status/visa. So, be careful with your college as you will be relying on them until your ILR approved.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:53 pm

yet another day and no approval!! :cry:

nadeemiqbal

Post by nadeemiqbal » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Good afternoon everyone

Any good news today ?
Has anyone called HO today ?

???

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:00 pm

I call ho for my kids registration and u won't believe it's still in progress send on 27 dec 2013 .i really think getting ILR is easier then this registration and can understand how u all are feeling .

nadeemiqbal wrote:Good afternoon everyone

Any good news today ?
Has anyone called HO today ?

???
ss

Staffs12

Post by Staffs12 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:yet another day and no approval!! :cry:
It luks like Home Office has slowed down, second day this week no approval on this forum

arashmg
Newly Registered

Post by arashmg » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:21 pm

I was very glad with the rate that HO was processing the applications...hope it stays like that

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:35 pm

arashmg wrote:I was very glad with the rate that HO was processing the applications...hope it stays like that
I think they are taking a well deserved break after AUG, SEP & OCT Rush.....I hope they will keep this speed