ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

minal_zunke
Newly Registered

FLR(M) query

Post by minal_zunke » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:56 am

Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for my wife FLR(M) by post. I have filled in application form but have some queries hence the post to get it clarified.

I'm on ILR and wife on FLR(M) granted on 21-Mar-2012.

Q1. Page 7 of 51: details of previous passport: what are the details to fill in?

Q2. Page 8 of 51: What stage of extension of leave you are applying for. Which option to tick bearing in mind this is second time she is applying. A/c to previous rule she is eligible to apply for ILR but following pregnancy she haven't had time to appear for Knowledge of language and life in the UK (KOLL). Can I choose "second period of leave to remain".

Q3. Page 11 of 51: section 4: dependent children who are applying with you.
My 6 months daughter already has a visa and is not applying with my wife.
Do I need to fill this in as it is mentioned under the heading it is mandatory to complete this section as required.

Q4. Page 15 of 51: 6.9: have you lived together permanently in the UK since your last grant of limited leave to remain as partner?
Yes, in the UK we have lived together but she went back home to our country for 7 months for pregnancy. What do I tick. Yes or no.

Q5. Page 17 of 51: 6.21: have you lived with your sponsor since your marriage.
What do I tick? Yes or No.
We started living together after 3 months of marriage when we bought house together.
She has been away for 7 months for pregnancy hence the question.

I look forward to your prompt answers.

Thanks!

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(M) query

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:12 pm

minal_zunke wrote:Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for my wife FLR(M) by post. I have filled in application form but have some queries hence the post to get it clarified.

I'm on ILR and wife on FLR(M) granted on 21-Mar-2012.

Q1. Page 7 of 51: details of previous passport: what are the details to fill in?

I fill my previous passport numbers which are 2 so I write about both and their expiry date

Q2. Page 8 of 51: What stage of extension of leave you are applying for. Which option to tick bearing in mind this is second time she is applying. A/c to previous rule she is eligible to apply for ILR but following pregnancy she haven't had time to appear for Knowledge of language and life in the UK (KOLL). Can I choose "second period of leave to remain".
there is one more option that you require further time to prepare for life in uk .you can select that or select the 2nd time option and explain in further info that you also want time to prepare for test as your wife is pregnant

Q3. Page 11 of 51: section 4: dependent children who are applying with you.
My 6 months daughter already has a visa and is not applying with my wife.
Do I need to fill this in as it is mentioned under the heading it is mandatory to complete this section as required.

if you child is uk born then just fill the questions till 4.3 according to your situation and then in 4.9 just write that we r going to register our daughter as British by virtue of section 1(3) BNA .i did the same and perfectly got my ILR in Croydon office.

Q4. Page 15 of 51: 6.9: have you lived together permanently in the UK since your last grant of limited leave to remain as partner?
Yes, in the UK we have lived together but she went back home to our country for 7 months for pregnancy. What do I tick. Yes or no.

just tick yes as she went for holidays not to live permanent .
Q5. Page 17 of 51: 6.21: have you lived with your sponsor since your marriage.
What do I tick? Yes or No.
We started living together after 3 months of marriage when we bought house together.
She has been away for 7 months for pregnancy hence the question.

just write yes because I join myself after 7 months of our wedding and due to visa process and everything it takes time .but in my application I just tick yes and didn't get any problem.hope this helps
I look forward to your prompt answers.

Thanks!
ss

minal_zunke
Newly Registered

Post by minal_zunke » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi SSWSZ,

Thanks for reply!

Q1: thanks for clarification!

Q2: I was thinking to tick the option that you suggested but my worry is if they issue her with few months visa rather than 2 yrs then, she wouldn't have enough time to prepare and apply for ILR.

Q3. My daughter was born in India and that's the reason my wife has been away for 7 months. So you think I should fill in 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and explain in additional info section.

Q4. & Q5: thanks for clarification.

New question: do I need to send correspondence between myself and her while she has been away.

Thanks again!

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:33 pm

minal_zunke wrote:Hi SSWSZ,

Thanks for reply!

Q1: thanks for clarification!

Q2: I was thinking to tick the option that you suggested but my worry is if they issue her with few months visa rather than 2 yrs then, she wouldn't have enough time to prepare and apply for ILR.

I have no idea how long they will grant you visa .if you are worried then better tick 2nd period of leave
Q3. My daughter was born in India and that's the reason my wife has been away for 7 months. So you think I should fill in 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and explain in additional info section.

If your daughter was born outside uk then your case is different just confirm with senior member what you should do.
Q4. & Q5: thanks for clarification.

New question: do I need to send correspondence between myself and her while she has been away.

Asas she live more then 6 months outside uk you have to give reason so it's better to attach delivery papers and hospital discharge letters.you don't have to proof the correspondence as you are already proving your relation by giving address proof

Thanks again!
ss

minal_zunke
Newly Registered

Post by minal_zunke » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:49 pm

Hi SSWSZ,

thanks for a very quick reply!

Can you please tell me how do I contact a
senior member ?

Thanks!!

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:54 am

Just wait for them and they will reply .amber and casa plz can you clarify his 2 question.

When your child was born if you were holding ILR then I think she will be register as British otherwise you have to apply for her ILR and then British citizenship .this is what I learn from this forum but plz do your research as well.but if your child has a valid visa then what I suggest is still fill the section till 4.3 and then in 4.9 write that your child has a valid visa till .....this date so you will apply for her when her visa is going to expire and attach her visa copy with passport copy .but the end decision is yours .you can ask this question in other topics section as well may be someone will reply u in detail
ss

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:27 am

If your daughter was born outside the UK, then isn't your her leave in line with her mother's? If so, then she should be included in her mother's application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.