ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

upper tribunal refusal to hear case

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

obasanjo123
Newly Registered

upper tribunal refusal to hear case

Post by obasanjo123 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:58 am

The upper tribunal just sent me a letter refusing to hear my case. They said what the first tier tribunal judge said was right. Pls what can i do next?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: upper tribunal refusal to hear case

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:23 pm

You should write your full immigration history only then someone can help you .
ss

obasanjo123
Newly Registered

Post by obasanjo123 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:58 am

I went back to nigeria voluntarily to apply for a settlement visa after getting married to my wife. The home office denied my application saying i have used a name to apply for a visa before. Took them to the first tier tribunal but the judge ruled in there favour saying my relationship is not genuine and that i lied about my past application history. Now i applied to the upper tribunal and the upper tribunal just sent a letter that they believed what the first tier tribunal Judge said was right and they are refusing my appeal. At this stage i don't know what else to do, Please help

obasanjo123
Newly Registered

Some one Please help me

Post by obasanjo123 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:33 am

I went back to nigeria voluntarily to apply for a settlement visa after getting married to my wife. The home office denied my application saying i have used a name to apply for a visa before. Took them to the first tier tribunal but the judge ruled in there favour saying my relationship is not genuine and that i lied about my past application history. Now i applied to the upper tribunal and the upper tribunal just sent a letter that they believed what the first tier tribunal Judge said was right and they are refusing my appeal. At this stage i don't know what else to do, Please help me

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi,
Your explanation here is not clear, did you actually lied when completing the application form? if so, the Upper Tribunal have right to throw out your appeal. I am not sure if you will be granted spouse visa again if you re-apply, because they have got your details on their file. My advise will be to get a good lawyer to help you with this, good luck,

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:21 am

Very difficult situation, why not move to Ireland? exercise treaty rights there and you can lawfully return to the UK, as you will now have rights under the regulation and the discrepancy would no longer be an issue.

obasanjo123
Newly Registered

Post by obasanjo123 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:01 pm

@johnj1... The problem was they asked in the application form if i have any alias and i said no. But i have applied for a student visa back in 2006 with a different name and then there was no finger print. But unfortunately i don't know how they got to know and now they are saying i lied about my previous immigration history. My lawyer is advising that i reapply but i don't know what will happen if i do.