ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enough money to get settlement in UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vb3d

Enough money to get settlement in UK?

Post by Vb3d » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:02 pm

A friend of mine got around £500,000, and the situation in his country is not settled or safe to stay and invest the money there.
He is looking to move to the UK, and bring the money and get some sort of staying status, to get better life.
At first, he was considering asylum, but, his life and his family's is not at 100% danger, however, he still might be targeted.

Anyway, he rather find a better comfortable way to enter the UK, start a business and make a living than to go through all the hassle of applying for an asylum.
I checked the Tier 1 Investor Visa, and found out that he should invest at least £750,000, and they must be in UK government bonds, UK equities or loan capital in active trading UK companies.
Does this mean he can't start a shop or takeaway as an example?
He is interested in investing in buying old properties, repair them/refurbish them and then sell them, but I also found out that property investment companies are not allowed.

Is there any other solution he can do with the money to get a settlement in the UK?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Enough money to get settlement in UK?

Post by MPH80 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:43 pm

Vb3d

Post by Vb3d » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Thank you, that was very helpfull.

But, after reading I found out that investing in properties is not allowed in this categoury either, and only constructing new houses is.
Am I wrong?
Please check here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 49018.html

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Not wrong - so perhaps your friend should consider another line of business?

Vb3d

Post by Vb3d » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:49 pm

Yes, I spoken to my friend, and told him that he should consider doing something else.
I think he has to think of doing something else if he wants to come to UK.

Thank you MPH80, really appreciated