ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

set (o)Bus lane Northampton country court declaration

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sabeekj
Mood:
India

set (o)Bus lane Northampton country court declaration

Post by sabeekj » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Hello everyone, Hope you guys can help me to find the answer.. sorry for the long story...and thanks for your time.
I have booked my PEO appointment for SET(O)in first week of April..my situation is I had a bailiff letter stuck in my car window in May 2012 ..when i called them they quoted a ref no saying i had a TFL fine that was not paid for driving in Bus lane .. I did move my address beginning of Feb 2012 and apparently i was notified of fine through to the old address several times and was caught in bus lane in Jan 2012 which i cant remember but thats the road i drive to work and i was instructed by Northampton country court(which was mentioned in Bailiffs letter that was on my car window) to bailiff to collect the fine and hell lot of money on top of it ( around 500 pounds) .I paid in 2 installments and paid off in July 2012.I forgot to change my new address in DVLA and had to change it later..
I applied for my extension in April 2012 and i had this bailiff things after i have send my applications so didnt declare anything in the extension application and received my extension successfully in June 2012.
So What do you guys suggest where it says civil judgement or civil penalty should i answer yes? should i have to declare anywhere? I dont have any paperwork in related to that fine.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: set (o)Bus lane Northampton country court declaration

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:26 am

I know this isn't much help now but you should have sent in a statutory declaration and had the fine resubmitted to its initial PCN state.

A CCJ should be declared and as it's paid, should have no bearing on the application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sabeekj
Mood:
India

Post by sabeekj » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Thanks very much Amber for the prompt reply..
Just to clarify so i should say no to criminal convictions and Yes to civil judgement or civil penalty (Q 7.3) and if i say yes it does ask for details like Date should i say the date on that was on the bailiff notice and country where judgement made? so i assume the answer would be Northampton country court.. as i don't have any corresponding letters..
and I dont have any proof with me that i have paid them the full amount even though i paid using my debit card as i didnt receive any acknowledgement from bailiff as it was all done through phone conversation.Do i need any proof??

I was not aware at that time to do a statutory declaration and i was scared with the bailiff notice and so much stressed....
Thanks again for taking time and answering queries.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:57 pm

Yes it's not a criminal conviction but a civil judgement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sabeekj
Mood:
India

Post by sabeekj » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Thank you very much ..very helpful and prompt reply.Let me sort all other Documents and get it ready..Thanks once again.