ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by Zee ali » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi

UKBA new website is very confusing regarding private life and Parent of a child (Not Settled).

They introduce a new form called FLR FP. kidly have a look in these 2 links and suggest which form to use.

I think it's a new trick and trap of UKBA to invalid applications so people loose their right of appeal and work.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flrfp

This form is for:

family life as a partner (10 year route)
family life as a parent (5 year route)
family life as a parent (10 year route)
private life in the UK (10 year route)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flro

The form is for these categories of visa:

general visitor
dependants of exempt members of HM Forces
domestic worker in a private household
UK ancestry
visitor for private medical treatment
family life as a parent of a child in the UK
private life in the UK

Dear Members, Gurus and Moderators kindly clarify the confusion. 2 different forms both say at the end

family life as a parent of a child in the uk

private life in the uk.

Replies and suggestions r welcome
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:15 pm

winners wrote:
Al Haqq wrote:Hi all,
Well my solicitor called me yesterday am, to inform me that we have been refused after agreeing to withdraw the JR. I am yet to receive any information from the HO. This new refusal generates a right of appeal apparently.

In a nutshell, if you think you have a strong case you may want to insist with your lawyer that irrespective of what the HO promises you want to go ahead with the JR.

Just to mirror what east579new said TAKE NOTE when accepting to withdraw the JR.

I am glad I belong to this forum, so it was not a suprise for me when I heard the message fro the Sol.

Next step is the tribunal
'@ Al Haqq

please how long does it take you to hear from HO after you agreed to withdraw your JR application?

Hi @ winners.
When I agreed with my lawyer to withdraw the JR, the case would be sent to the court that the two parties have agreed however we agreed on the terms that HO/SSHD will reconsider within three months although I pushed for 6 weeks. they insisted on 3 months. this agreement would be sent to the court to stamp the order. the three months starts counting on the day the court stamps the order.
I got my refusal exactly 2 calendar months after the court stamped the order. I hope this has answers your question
And many days or months you have given to lodge your appeal?
As they have asked me to withdraw my JR application for consider ,reconsideration as well

Many thanks

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:17 pm

josue wrote:flr(o) extention
applied 0/02/2014
aknoledge letter received 07/02/2014
biometric letter received 10/02/2014
biometric done 13/02/2014
lettre received for more information 19/02/2014
more information document sent 23/02/2014
grant of discretionary leave 25/02/2014
brp card received 25/02/2014

Really happy man
Congratulations @ Josue.

josue
Newly Registered

Post by josue » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:44 am

Hi, @josue

Congrats for your success:)
Can you Please tell when was your initial
discretionary leave given??
And now for your extension, whether homeoffice consider new rule(july2012) or old policy????
If you can please post these details, Thanks:))satsug
Newly Registered

Private message

hi@satsug
my initial discretionary was given in march 2011 based on my family life
I am married now 2 kids (british passport holders)
my wife is british
I don't know which policy the home office used to extend my Dl

winners

Post by winners » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:26 pm

Al Haqq wrote:
winners wrote:
Al Haqq wrote:Hi all,
Well my solicitor called me yesterday am, to inform me that we have been refused after agreeing to withdraw the JR. I am yet to receive any information from the HO. This new refusal generates a right of appeal apparently.

In a nutshell, if you think you have a strong case you may want to insist with your lawyer that irrespective of what the HO promises you want to go ahead with the JR.

Just to mirror what east579new said TAKE NOTE when accepting to withdraw the JR.

I am glad I belong to this forum, so it was not a suprise for me when I heard the message fro the Sol.

Next step is the tribunal
'@ Al Haqq

please how long does it take you to hear from HO after you agreed to withdraw your JR application?

Hi @ winners.
When I agreed with my lawyer to withdraw the JR, the case would be sent to the court that the two parties have agreed however we agreed on the terms that HO/SSHD will reconsider within three months although I pushed for 6 weeks. they insisted on 3 months. this agreement would be sent to the court to stamp the order. the three months starts counting on the day the court stamps the order.
I got my refusal exactly 2 calendar months after the court stamped the order. I hope this has answers your question
And many days or months you have given to lodge your appeal?
As they have asked me to withdraw my JR application for consider ,reconsideration as well

Many thanks
@ Al Haqq

Many thanks for your response very detailed

My Adviser was thinking 2 things:

1. If my reconsideration is REFUSE ,I may be given OUT OF COUNTRY APPEAL bc TSOL was referring to under section 96 Act of 2002, UNLESS if Asylum or Human right is claim that will generate IN COUNTRY APPEAL.

2. My Adviser also suggesting my family could be granted leave to remain however he could not guaranteed this either.

Though we should meet next week to agree on what to do as we only communicate through email.

Please did you received same or similar letter from TSOL?

Any suggestions would be welcome please
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:34 pm

winners wrote:
ikeron wrote:@elastep
Thank you. I was asked to withdraw my JR for reconsideration or removal notice. And I have also asked the HO for the cost first. Or is there any other thing I should ask please? God bless you all.
@ ikeron

Please how far have you gone with TSOL ? Have you agreed to withdraw your JR application

Please kindly update me as am in similar situation.

Many thanks
@winners
I haven't withdraw yet. I'm still waiting for their response about the cost involved.

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:42 pm

Al Haqq wrote:9@ikeron,
Yes, after I withdrew the JR, they reconsidered, then refused which generated a right of appeal. I am still filling the appeal form as I can not afford a lawyer.

I do not know how long it takes. However, I believe not less than 3 months. Recently (December) 2 people filed for appeal, one did oral and the other did paper. The one that did the paper already has an appeal decision. while the one for oral is still waiting for a date. I hope this helps. Otherwise look at their website, this will give you an estimate of their turn over.
@Al Haqq
After the withdrawal of the JR did the HO ask you to send them another documents for reconsideration or not? God bless you all.

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Post by Tom no engine » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi all..just got an email from my lawyer saying my flr o application has been returned to her because HO want me to pay the application fee because they believe I am not destitute..My lawyer wants to argue that decision...should I let her go ahead with that or just try somehow to get the money together

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:47 pm

I submitted an application as Parent of a British Child. My application timeline:

Application Received By UKBA: 14/01/2014
Biometrics Letter Received by me: 29/01/2014 Dated: 27/01/2014
Biometrics submitted to UKBA: 29/01/2014
Extra documents required by case worker: Letter Dated: 4/02/2014 Received by me: 07/02/2014
Sent Extra Documents: 07/02/2014
Received by UKBA: 10/02/2014

The case worker who wrote me asking for extra documents also stated that he/she intends to deal with my application promptly if I submitted documents before 18/02/2014 which I did.

I haven't heard anything from UKBA and its Month end today. What does the case worker mean by promptly? What time frame am I looking at before I hear from them?

Subsequently, I am not required to be in a relationship with the mother of my baby which I am not as far as immigration Law is concerned because I have not been in a relationship with her for up to two years.

I sent a letter as part of the extra documents signed by the mother of my baby saying we are not in a relationship even though we live at the same address.

My question is; Will UKBA make checks on my address and find that we live together? Will UKBA expect me to have explained why we live together? If UKBA finds that we live together or finds that we are a linked to one address will they automatically deny my application solely on that or ask for explanation from me? If I am denied solely on the basis that myself and the mother of my baby are linked to same address without asking for an explanation will that not mean that UKBA's reason for denial is very weak?

Subsequently, I have already booked my ticket to travel because I had earlier on sent in an application (which was returned invalid for using the not up to date form) in November 2013 which is when I booked my ticket with the hope that I had enough time for my application to be decided. Can I write UKBA asking for a speedy decision and explain my situation which has a lot to do with my mums health abroad? What are the chances that UKBA will heed my request?

Note: My student visa expired 15/10/2013 and I put in my first application which was received by the UKBA 4/11/2013. It was returned with a letter dated 11/12/2013 as invalid. I re-submitted another application received by the UKBA 14/01/2014. The period between 11/12/2013 and 14/01/2014 is more 28 days. Does this mean I am considered as an overstayer? Will that have any effect on my application?

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Tom no engine wrote:Hi all..just got an email from my lawyer saying my flr o application has been returned to her because HO want me to pay the application fee because they believe I am not destitute..My lawyer wants to argue that decision...should I let her go ahead with that or just try somehow to get the money together
If I were you I would make effort to make payment so I can get my application processed quickly. However if you think you have time on your hands and if the UKBA decision will have no negative effect on you no matter how long it takes then let your lawyer do what he does best.

Can I ask? Did you pay the lawyer? How much did you pay? If you paid the lawyer then your case will be much more difficult especially if the sum you paid the lawyer is bigger than the sum you are expected to pay for your application.

How much is your application fee? How much did you pay the lawyer if you did?

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:26 pm

Tom no engine wrote:Hi all..just got an email from my lawyer saying my flr o application has been returned to her because HO want me to pay the application fee because they believe I am not destitute..My lawyer wants to argue that decision...should I let her go ahead with that or just try somehow to get the money together
Hi tom, please how long did it take to get a reply after applying? Thanks...

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Post by Tom no engine » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:17 am

njyildum1 wrote:
If I were you I would make effort to make payment so I can get my application processed quickly. However if you think you have time on your hands and if the UKBA decision will have no negative effect on you no matter how long it takes then let your lawyer do what he does best.

Can I ask? Did you pay the lawyer? How much did you pay? If you paid the lawyer then your case will be much more difficult especially if the sum you paid the lawyer is bigger than the sum you are expected to pay for your application.

hi yes I paid the lawyer..I paid 250 pounds..I wasn't charged by the hour because the firm is like a charity organisation..my application fee would be 1 444pounds because I put 2 dependants with me on the application...

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Post by Tom no engine » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:21 am

evie233 wrote:
From the time I got the acknowledgement letter it took them 2 months to get back at me..acknowledgement letter came 2 weeks after I applied...hope that helps

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:54 am

Tom no engine wrote:
njyildum1 wrote:

hi yes I paid the lawyer..I paid 250 pounds..I wasn't charged by the hour because the firm is like a charity organisation..my application fee would be 1 444pounds because I put 2 dependants with me on the application...
From what you have said your case appears to be a very genuine case. I would not expect you neither would anyone who sensible expect that you pay a fee you cannot pay. I am assuming that it will be very difficult for you to raise such amount. I would advice that you just let the lawyer fight for you. However, have it at the back of your mind that it will take a long time to get things the way you want them.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:19 am

Tom no engine wrote:
evie233 wrote:
From the time I got the acknowledgement letter it took them 2 months to get back at me..acknowledgement letter came 2 weeks after I applied...hope that helps
Tom, if your lawyer can prove it, let him do it, they seem to have answered you quickly compared to those I have seen because 1444 is not "chicken change" I am thinking of doing a free application like you hence the question. Be strong, the lord is your strength.

satsug
Newly Registered

Post by satsug » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:51 am

josue wrote:Hi, @josue

Congrats for your success:)
Can you Please tell when was your initial
discretionary leave given??
And now for your extension, whether homeoffice consider new rule(july2012) or old policy????
If you can please post these details, Thanks:))satsug
Newly Registered

Private message

hi@satsug
my initial discretionary was given in march 2011 based on my family life
I am married now 2 kids (british passport holders)
my wife is british
I don't know which policy the home office used to extend my Dl

@josue Hi,

Many thanks for your reply..if you can just post this, whether you got 2.5 years(new policy) extension or 3 years(old policy) extension..

josue
Newly Registered

Post by josue » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:12 pm

@satsug

Many thanks for your reply..if you can just post this, whether you got 2.5 years(new policy) extension or 3 years(old policy) extension..
The home office gave me 3 years so They still applied the old policy

satsug
Newly Registered

Post by satsug » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:14 pm

josue wrote:@satsug

The home office gave me 3 years so They still applied the old policy

Thanks for post :D

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:12 am

Hi Peeps,
Big shout out to everyone on the forum. Well, once again another week has gone by with nothing positive on the forum.
Anyway for those in the process of JR, here is some info on the latest guidance from the UT on the delays in JR cases and how the UT is going to deal with them.
Great day everyone

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2014/03/ ... iew-cases/

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:22 pm

Glorify to God my legal aid got accepted and my JR is to sent out soon. The home office responded to the PAP sticking to their refusal so I begin the journey now and believe in the Lord to deliver me from this trap. I continue to put my faith in him and trust in whatever he has planned for me.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:15 pm

@rina, congrats. It takes a lot of pressure of you when you are granted legal aid. Hope they are sensible and they do not waste your time.
Happy for you.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:10 pm

[quote="rina"]Glorify to God my legal aid got accepted and my JR is to sent out soon. The home office responded to the PAP sticking to their refusal so I begin the journey now and believe in the Lord to deliver me from this trap. I continue to put my faith in him and trust in whatever he has planned for me.[/quote]

Nice 1 Rina. Good luck!!

MissA
Newly Registered

Post by MissA » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi everyone, I thought this day would never come but it has. To the glory of Our Powerful Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, through prayers and supplication my partner has been granted. 14 long years of being illegal. He had changed his name, claimed assylum in a different name and was fingerprinted, had undeclared ccjs and the lists goes on. We couldn't get married and even if we could I am a full time student who claims benefits, we hadn't lived together for the 2 years. We just did not meet any rules. But put in an application mentioning everything. We have british children though. (Oh actually my partner is Turbo A on the forum, I had to join the forum myself as I had my own questions to ask and my anxiety to deal with.) We haven't seen the paperwork yet so I have no details on what he was given. The lawyer just called to say he was granted. Would let you know when he gets it.

Thank you everyone who has taken time out to encourage me when I felt like giving up. I just want to tell you that there is being illegal and there's being proper proper illegal, my partner was the latter, his immigration history was colourful. There is nothing we did but PRAY! This is only God, his work is splendid. I give him glory. I give him glory.

Forum members be encouraged, we are not special, our case was weak, all we did was to make an application applying in all categories mentioning partner, parent of child, private life. Basically begging for mercy, we begged for mercy and God said yes.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:50 pm

MissA wrote:Hi everyone, I thought this day would never come but it has. To the glory of Our Powerful Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, through prayers and supplication my partner has been granted. 14 long years of being illegal. He had changed his name, claimed assylum in a different name and was fingerprinted, had undeclared ccjs and the lists goes on. We couldn't get married and even if we could I am a full time student who claims benefits, we hadn't lived together for the 2 years. We just did not meet any rules. But put in an application mentioning everything. We have british children though. (Oh actually my partner is Turbo A on the forum, I had to join the forum myself as I had my own questions to ask and my anxiety to deal with.) We haven't seen the paperwork yet so I have no details on what he was given. The lawyer just called to say he was granted. Would let you know when he gets it.

Thank you everyone who has taken time out to encourage me when I felt like giving up. I just want to tell you that there is being illegal and there's being proper proper illegal, my partner was the latter, his immigration history was colourful. There is nothing we did but PRAY! This is only God, his work is splendid. I give him glory. I give him glory.

Forum members be encouraged, we are not special, our case was weak, all we did was to make an application applying in all categories mentioning partner, parent of child, private life. Basically begging for mercy, we begged for mercy and God said yes.

Finally some good news and to crown it all, a huge testimony at that. God bless you. Congratulations MissA do enjoy this God granted freedom.

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:16 am

MissA wrote:Hi everyone, I thought this day would never come but it has. To the glory of Our Powerful Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, through prayers and supplication my partner has been granted. 14 long years of being illegal. He had changed his name, claimed assylum in a different name and was fingerprinted, had undeclared ccjs and the lists goes on. We couldn't get married and even if we could I am a full time student who claims benefits, we hadn't lived together for the 2 years. We just did not meet any rules. But put in an application mentioning everything. We have british children though. (Oh actually my partner is Turbo A on the forum, I had to join the forum myself as I had my own questions to ask and my anxiety to deal with.) We haven't seen the paperwork yet so I have no details on what he was given. The lawyer just called to say he was granted. Would let you know when he gets it.

I am so very happy for you. It so much good news given all that you have mentioned. Him whom God has blessed, no man can curse. Just move on with your life and I hope that this brings joy to your family.

How long did your application take? Did you apply as parent of a British Child FLR (FP)? Please don't forget to mention how long you were given and it it is a 5 year route or 10 year route? Thank you very much.