ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank letter instead of Original Statement

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Bank letter instead of Original Statement

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Will it be OK,if I get a letter from UK bank that I got £xxx in my personal account with account number instead of sending Bank Statement?
I do not want to show each and every transaction on the statement.
Policy guidance says one or more documents which includes Bank letter
but also For money held in UK ,,Original Staetment only,,,, that is confusing ,,,,

Thanks for advice in advance.

rooney0511

Re: Bank letter instead of Original Statement

Post by rooney0511 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:08 pm

I advice you not to do this, because that is a definitive interview and even after interview they may still ask the statements.
This happened to a friend of mine who just gave a bank letter, he was called for interview and was asked about the funds, then a week later he go the following email. Among two other documents he was also asked the following.

"In addition to this you have submitted a letter from ******* bank dated **********January 2013 for account ending ****** showing your investment funds of £****K. Would you please provide the ****** bank statements- showing transactions, for this account to confirm these funds were available."

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:15 pm

rooney0511 wrote:I advice you not to do this, because that is a definitive interview and even after interview they may still ask the statements.
This happened to a friend of mine who just gave a bank letter, he was called for interview and was asked about the funds, then a week later he go the following email. Among two other documents he was also asked the following.

"In addition to this you have submitted a letter from ******* bank dated **********January 2013 for account ending ****** showing your investment funds of £****K. Would you please provide the ****** bank statements- showing transactions, for this account to confirm these funds were available."
Thanks then,,,
I did work for a security company on only weekend which i have left now,,,, one of the four pages contains one transaction of money in to that account with security company name,,,then should I disclose it or submit it without disclosing,,,I am genuinely working professionally but just for few months did that weekend security,,,,,still confused.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:59 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:Will it be OK,if I get a letter from UK bank that I got £xxx in my personal account with account number instead of sending Bank Statement?
I do not want to show each and every transaction on the statement.
Policy guidance says one or more documents which includes Bank letter
but also For money held in UK ,,Original Staetment only,,,, that is confusing ,,,,

Thanks for advice in advance.

If I was you, then I would have submitted the letter instead of bank statements.

UKBA doesnt ask each and every applicant to submit the bank statements.

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:58 pm

Its better to attach one. If you are hiding some transactions then get print afterwards but must attach.

BEST OF LUCK

appeal786

Post by appeal786 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:06 am

Why do you wana hide that for part time you worked as a security? You can do anywork along with professional job which you showing experience for yiur business. I would say go with senior members advice Rooney saying right. Attach bank statement. There is no harm working security on weekends.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Thanks all of you for your reply.
I did transfer my accounts to my account with lloyds Bank and that was opened on 24th January 2014.I will be able to get letter and also stamped bank statments.
I am using third aprty £20,000 funding as well which is from the same bank,Letter is already been given to me with everything required plus stamped 3rd party statments.
I think it will be easier for them to confirm available funds from same bank.

My maintenance is different account with TSB and also business account with TSB.