ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fiazpk
Newly Registered

Best Way to Pay Visa Fee

Post by fiazpk » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:43 pm

I was wonder what is the best way to pay set(lr) fee,
considering all the options available,

1) post order, (downside, maximum postal order is of £250, and cost £15 each but do not know how long does it take home office to process it)
2) bank draft, ( seems more secure, and as my bank charges £14 for it, but do not know how long does it take to process)
3) cheque, ( can bounce back, signature not right, writing mistakes possible, and take numbers of days to clear)
4) credit card ( seems reasonable but have heard of cases where payments did not go through, due to wrong information given, payment decline, etc,

what is your suggestions on this,

Ali1975

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Ali1975 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Postal order, credit and debit cards payments clear immediately (same time) and bank draft and cheque take 3 to 5 working days . Thanks
fiazpk wrote:I was wonder what is the best way to pay set(lr) fee,

1) post order, (downside, maximum postal order is of £250, and cost £15 each but do not know how long does it take home office to process it)
2) bank draft, ( seems more secure, and as my bank charges £14 for it, but do not know how long does it take to process)
3) cheque, ( can bounce back, signature not right, writing mistakes possible, and take numbers of days to clear)
4) credit card ( seems reasonable but have heard of cases where payments did not go through, due to wrong information given, payment decline, etc,

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:23 pm

I would do credit card purely because I would want it to be cleared ASAP n to hopefully get approval sooner also

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:12 pm

masud0174 wrote:
masud0174 wrote:Confusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Solicitors received Documents on 18th February and they are waiting for BRP.
I have called HO today and was trying if somehow i can get the tracking no for BRP. They said "BRP has not been sent out yet".
According to their records documents has been sent on 17th February. Thats almost 7 working days gone away ! I am not quite sure what should i do now :? . Solicitors did not provide me any copy of the documents. It is very difficult to reach in Solicitor.
If you can please advise me. :roll:

Still waiting for BRP ! No trace ! One of my friend said last year he has received BRP after one Month ! I do not know how long it will take.

I have called HO again today to trace my BRP. They said "It has been requested but Not been sent out yet !" Any idea ....
FLR M OR FLR O

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:22 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
masud0174 wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote:Hello I need an urgent advise , Any one who can suggest me on my this case ,

I am going to complete my 10 years in July 2014 , However i have got Tier 4 student visa valid till AUG 2015 through highly trusted college ...

As i will apply for ILR in JULY 2014 and hopefully i will get the outcome of my Application by the end of Dec 2014 ,

What if i will not attend college after July 2014 ?

Will it effect my ILR if my highly trusted college inform HO about my absence from College ?

Do any one have got idea how , when in which circumstances Colleges can take any action against it ?

Any possible consequences ?

Actually the only reason i don't want to attend college after JULY 2014 Is that i don't want to pay further fees of any semester to the college so is there any one who can suggest me what should i have do ?

Any one who can reply with some good suggestion , or any one who knows any case similar to my one ?

And if by any chance i have posted this post on wrong forum or topic please correct me ....

Thanks

Shah
shah,
One of my friend have suffered lots in same case like you. I am suggesting you to keep the relationship with college. Even it is better pay lumsum amount to college and hold you connection with them ! After submitting your ILR application, do not talk too much with college, keep quite and let the time to go. Much argument with college, much trouble ! "This is not the guide lines, This is a case study of my friend's".

Also you can apply 28 days before your 10 years complete. If you take that opportunity, it will reduce your hassle with college.

Masud ,

Thank u very much ....

Can you discuss me in private message what exactly your friend faced ?

i understand why i should not mess up with college :) but if i will not tell any thing to college , do u know wats the procedure that college follow to report UKBA ...

Actually my semester will start in September 2014 and i m dropping application in mid june 2014 .. so hopefully i will get my reply end of OCT 2014 if HO will not take longer other wise it will take max 6 months i.e Dec 2014 ....so by keeping quite will it not effect my app ?

Please discuss me in PRIVATE MESSAGE if u can thanks

SHAH
Private msg has been sent to you
FLR M OR FLR O

March_LR14

Re: Best Way to Pay Visa Fee

Post by March_LR14 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:37 pm

I am applying later this month and i am going to use Postal Orders for payment. I know it will cost me £53 extra but they get cleared immediately.
Credit/Debit card payments can get declined due to security measures applied by banks for larger transactions. It happened to me as my transaction of £300 got declined while making online purchase and had to call my bank and confirmed them that it is a genuine transaction.

I won't take risks and will use postal orders.

Tanaellie103
Newly Registered

Post by Tanaellie103 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi guys sent my application today via special delivery. The anxiety begins ...

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Masud ,

Thank u very much ....

i understand why i should not mess up with college :) but if i will not tell any thing to college , do u know wats the procedure that college follow to report UKBA ...

Actually my semester will start in September 2014 and i m dropping application in mid june 2014 .. so hopefully i will get my reply end of OCT 2014 if HO will not take longer other wise it will take max 6 months i.e Dec 2014 ....so by keeping quite will it not effect my app ?

SHAH[/quote]

Private msg has been sent to you[/quote]

Reply has been sent to you by private msg. Hopefully that will be enough information as you requested.
FLR M OR FLR O

bb2012

Post by bb2012 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:38 pm

masud0174 wrote:Masud ,

Thank u very much ....

SHAH
Private msg has been sent to you[/quote]

Reply has been sent to you by private msg. Hopefully that will be enough information as you requested.[/quote]

Hi could you please send me the same detail as private message. As I need the same details.

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:39 pm

March_LR14 wrote:

I am applying later this month and i am going to use Postal Orders for payment. I know it will cost me £53 extra but they get cleared immediately.
Credit/Debit card payments can get declined due to security measures applied by banks for larger transactions. It happened to me as my transaction of £300 got declined while making online purchase and had to call my bank and confirmed them that it is a genuine transaction.

I won't take risks and will use postal orders.
Hi Guys,
I think cheque could be a better option ! Before you send cheque you can verify your signature with bank ! In Uk , If you got signature, sometimes they do not bother about that ! So if you are genuine person then not to worry about signature.

Write down Payee name, Date, Amount and signature , On the Back Your Name and Date of Birth correctly and verify with 2nd person. Hopefully, it should be ok. Keep a copy of that. It takes 4 working days to clear the fund but you can trace about your application progress. I have found it less risky , cheaper and traceable my transaction !
FLR M OR FLR O

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:54 pm

[quote="masud0174"][quote="March_LR14"][quote="fiazpk"]I was wonder what is the best way to pay set(lr) fee,

I believe Credit/ Debit cards are sooner & best, Just ensure right details and Bank is aware. I always paid by card and ensured Bank is aware of my expected payments and they make a note. Sooner the better.. :) Hope this helps..

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:10 am

bb2012 wrote:
masud0174 wrote:Masud ,

Thank u very much ....

SHAH
Private msg has been sent to you

Reply has been sent to you by private msg. Hopefully that will be enough information as you requested.[/quote]

Hi could you please send me the same detail as private message. As I need the same details.[/quote]

private msg has been sent
FLR M OR FLR O

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:46 am

Dear forum members

I have recently applied for ilr on long residency bases, but feeling I might need to change my job. I understand I still got Tier 1 g status while my application is being considered but I am looking for some kind of confirmations in writing from home office about my immigration status. That letter will be showed to new employer during the interview as you can understand my passport and brp is with home office And got nothing to prove my immigration status.

Can someone please advise me what is the address of home office where I should be writing too, a fax no or any other details.
And a letter formate please

Regards.

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:32 am

Home office not provide you any letter, just use photo copies of your old brp, passport along with acknowledgement letter and bio invitation letter and tell your new employer to contact home office employer helpline for confirmation and in this way your new employer can easily confirm your status. please note that these information based on my own personal experience.
allwell46 wrote:Dear forum members

I have recently applied for ilr on long residency bases, but feeling I might need to change my job. I understand I still got Tier 1 g status while my application is being considered but I am looking for some kind of confirmations in writing from home office about my immigration status. That letter will be showed to new employer during the interview as you can understand my passport and brp is with home office And got nothing to prove my immigration status.

Can someone please advise me what is the address of home office where I should be writing too, a fax no or any other details.
And a letter formate please

Regards.

konprode
Newly Registered

Post by konprode » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 am

Hi all,

I've sent my application off yesterday. Having read fiazpk's question about payment, I'm wondering whether HO would try to contact us if there's any issue about our credit cards either wrong detail or couldn't go through because of a large amount?

I did write to the credit card company to aware of large deduction, but haven't got reply from them. A bit worried now.

Md anser
Newly Registered

Post by Md anser » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:34 am

konprode wrote:Hi all,

I've sent my application off yesterday. Having read fiazpk's question about payment, I'm wondering whether HO would try to contact us if there's any issue about our credit cards either wrong detail or couldn't go through because of a large amount?

I did write to the credit card company to aware of large deduction, but haven't got reply from them. A bit worried now.

In my point of view bank draft or postal order are most safe options but it does not mean that we can not make the payment through cheque or credit card so you should not be worried.I always made the payment through credit card but this time for some reason I used the bank draft. Now a days I have change my mode which is "Think Positive" and it is helping.

konprode
Newly Registered

Post by konprode » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:35 am

Hi again,

After posting message above, I got a reply from credit card company. So I had a quick check the transaction and I saw pending transaction of £1051+. Homeoffice is never slow to deduct money from us!

Edit: thanks Md anser :)

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:41 am

Hi all , seems to be another slow day :?:

arashmg
Newly Registered

Post by arashmg » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:09 am

I was wondering if this is due to the recent political fiasco over immigration stats.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:13 am

i am not aware of this political fiasco can you please share.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:33 am

guys.. finally i have cracked the code of the huge migration table issued by HO on GOV.UK website below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ember-2013

from the Extensions of stay data tables immigration statistics October to December 2013, i have managed to find below detail.

not much of a breakdown and the reduction on decision could well be due to Holiday period in December, however approval rate is aprox 61%
Quarter Applicant type Category Decisions Grants Refusals
2013 Q1 Main applicant Family Life (10 year route) 2,610 2,501 109
2013 Q2 Main applicant Family Life (10 year route) 5,041 3,757 1,284
2013 Q3 Main applicant Family Life (10 year route) 7,430 4,526 2,904
2013 Q4 Main applicant Family Life (10 year route) 6,415 3,921 2,494

bb2012

Post by bb2012 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:53 am

Hardikjshah83 wrote:guys.. finally i have cracked the code of the huge migration table issued by HO on GOV.UK website below.

from the Extensions of stay data tables immigration statistics October to December 2013, i have managed to find below detail.

not much of a breakdown and the reduction on decision could well be due to Holiday period in December, however approval rate is aprox 61%
If this is correct then the rate of refusal (39%) is very high and scary.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:57 am

Hardikjshah83 wrote:guys.. finally i have cracked the code of the huge migration table issued by HO on GOV.UK website below.

so 6415 total applications form oct ot dec?

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:16 pm

No, these are the applications being decided.
GOd Helps wrote:
Thx.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:17 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:No, these are the applications being decided.
GOd Helps wrote:
Thx.
so we still dont know the pending from oct /nov/dec