ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitors Visa to UK from Nigeria

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarah_lane9093
Newly Registered

Visitors Visa to UK from Nigeria

Post by sarah_lane9093 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi there,

Never used this site before so please bare with me.

My Boyfriend is in Nigeria at the minute and is hoping to visit me in the UK on a Visitors Visa in May.

We met whilst he was here studying for 3 years.........His Visa expired in Jan and is now back home......He is hoping to come and stay with me for 3 weeks. I am a UK Citizen having lived here all my life

He is in the process of applying for the Visa and i want everything to be spot on so that it doesnt get refused. Just a few things i would like advise on.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It mentions 6 months bank statements? Would his UK bank statements be ok?

And also with him been a student whilst he was here, not much money passed thru his account.....Would this be a problem?

Also he he hoping for his parents to fund the trip to the UK and also spends for whilst he is here, 4K roughly........Is this ok for them to see this getting paid in? Or does he have to come up with the funds himself??

Thanks for all your help and advise in advance.

Sarah

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Re: Visitors Visa to UK from Nigeria

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:38 am

Hi Sarah,

He can use any of his statements he wishes to use, as long as they contain sufficient funds and can be verified easily.

It doesn't matter that he didn't have much money in his account when he was a student.

The important thing for him when making the application is to prove that he has strong ties to his country and that he will return back afterwards.

How old is he, and does he have a regular job, assets or property in his country that he can show in his application?

If he doesn't have any of the aforementioned things, then things could get tricky with the application.
Regards