ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 General Migrant, second extention question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tapas_16880

Tier-1 General Migrant, second extention question

Post by tapas_16880 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:48 am

Hi All,

I was given renewal back in 2012 July and will go for second renewal in July 2015. Just wanted to check with you Guys that between this period (from July 2012 and July 2015, three years), are/is any rules changed for Tier-1 general migrant and dependant which might impact the application? Any new rule or amendments that you are aware of, please can you share with me.

I did look at the UKBA site but couldn't find any straight answer to Tier-1 General Migrant extension rule changes.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Tapas
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

tapas_16880

Re: Tier-1 General Migrant, second extention question

Post by tapas_16880 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:19 am

All, please can someone respond?
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:44 am

If you want to apply for an extension, you should at the very least try and do some thorough research first before asking questions.

Do you seriously expect someone to detail for you any changes that may or may not affect you and have been made from July 2012 onwards?

It is your own extension, so try and be proactive.
Regards

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Thanks for your quite helpful response! Appreciated :)

I did a search on this forum about my query and couldn't find anything where people discussed about rules changed for Tier-1 General Migrant + dependant.

I then did a search on UKBA site and all I could get in the news of increasing the fees again by 4% starting april 2014. Nothing else.

https://www.gov.uk/government/announcem ... sh+results

hence, I just wanted to double check with you experienced people of this forum.

I strongly feel, this forum is there to help people with their legitimate queries and not discourage them like what you did!!
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:12 pm

I did not discourage you, I rather encouraged you to be proactive.

There are too many posters that depend solely on responses in this forum. Not always, but sometimes, these responses are incorrect and people can base their applications on wrong information. This attitude is wrong and that's why I always encourage people to research thoroughly first before asking a question, so they know when to accept and reject answers.

To answer your question, nothing much has really changed. Two things to highlight are that the application fees have increased and you may be subject to an interview if required when you submit your application.

The general scoring system that was applied to you the last time you applied still stands.

Best of luck
Regards

sorento
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sorento » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:17 pm

extension is based on the rules when your visa was first granted. I called the UKBA enquiry line and the lady on the phone told me that is the case, always based on the requirements of your first time visa was granted.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:05 am

Hi

There is no Tier 1 Extn after 6th April 2015. So you may need to apply before hand.

Also why do you need a 2nd extension, Are you out of the UK for more than 180 days in the 12 month period of 5,4,3,2 continuous years?

Thanks,

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:14 pm

argus7 wrote:Hi

There is no Tier 1 Extn after 6th April 2015. So you may need to apply before hand.

Also why do you need a 2nd extension, Are you out of the UK for more than 180 days in the 12 month period of 5,4,3,2 continuous years?

Thanks,
Could you please provide the source of the above highlighted information.

tier1_arun
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_arun » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi argus7,
Tier-1 G extension until 2015…

Is this a confirmed one?

I think no confirmed rule is in place yet...

EXPLANATORY MEMORANDUM TO
THE STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN IMMIGRATION RULES
PRESENTED TO PARLIAMENT ON 13 MARCH 2014 (HC 1138)
1. This explanatory memorandum has been prepared by the Home Office and is laid before Parliament by Command of Her Majesty.

7.5. The Tier 1 (General) category, in which applicants scored points for their qualifications, previous earnings, age and UK experience, was closed to new applicants in April 2011 but remains open for extension and settlement applications. The following changes are being made to this category:

Changes are being made to signal the Government‟s intention to close the category for extension applications on 6 April 2015, and for settlement applications on 6 April 2018. This should give enough time for applicants who entered the category before its closure to apply for settlement if they can meet the requirements to qualify;

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:25 pm

Govt will surely implement this as MPs will support this rationale and arguments