ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

save
Newly Registered

ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT

Post by save » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:28 am

Hi,

Regarding the english language requirement, i have my bachlores deree transcipts for all semesters that establish that the medium ofinstruction is english. i also have the rest of the details like the date of completion,original letterhead signed duly etc.... fulfilled. just that, it is not a letter but six transcripts duly signed, which have details of marks/grades along with the medium.

can i use this in place of the letter from the institution to evidence that the medium of instructions is english.

Please do advise.

apeterso925

Re: ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT

Post by apeterso925 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:40 am

You need a sentence that says something to the effect of:

"All courses taught at this university are taught in the English language."

It doesn't sound like that sentence is anywhere in your documents?
save wrote:Hi,

Regarding the english language requirement, i have my bachlores deree transcipts for all semesters that establish that the medium ofinstruction is english. i also have the rest of the details like the date of completion,original letterhead signed duly etc.... fulfilled. just that, it is not a letter but six transcripts duly signed, which have details of marks/grades along with the medium.

can i use this in place of the letter from the institution to evidence that the medium of instructions is english.

Please do advise.

dandyvyas
Newly Registered

Post by dandyvyas » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:01 pm

I believe you have to get a seperate letter from university saying that you bachelors degree is taught in English language. HO does not accept Marksheets showing English as Medium of instruction

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:22 pm

dandyvyas wrote:I believe you have to get a seperate letter from university saying that you bachelors degree is taught in English language. HO does not accept Marksheets showing English as Medium of instruction
You don't need a letter, per se. My university, a very large school with a special department just for these types of requests, sent me the following when I requested "a letter that says that all courses are taught in the English language":

A two page document on official-type watermarked paper, entitled "verification letter," which listed:

1) The courses I took for each semester I attended (I can't recall if my grades for each course were listed, but I think they were)

2) My graduation date and degree awarded

3) At the very end, it stated "All courses taught at X University are taught in the English language."

This was acceptable to the HO and I didn't even point them to where in the document they needed to look, I just submitted the document as is.

Upon receiving it, I was worried, since that isn't what I expected them to give me. But it's obviously a form letter they've created to meet various needs, I imagine it's also used for people who need to prove they took certain courses, etc. But at any rate, it sufficed for the English language requirement.