ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English C1 TOEFL done, but expired and lost

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobtail
Newly Registered

English C1 TOEFL done, but expired and lost

Post by bobtail » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:13 pm

Hello,

I'm hoping my question will be fairly easy to answer.

I am about to apply for SET(M) (although I don't need to due to now being EU, but I qualify as per transitional arrangements) and need to prove Knowledge of English. I did a C1 TOEFL approx 3 years ago (109/120), I also have a HNC taught in English and currently doing an MSc in London, taught in English.
Problem is, TOEFL expires after 2 years and on top of that, I don't think I ever got my certificate back (or I lost it, in both cases it's my fault). HNC doesn't qualify as adequate and my postgraduate study is still in progress so I don't have a document to use as proof.

Considering the application is pretty much a box-ticking exercise, do you think I should just book a new test and save myself the worry?
I really don't feel like wasting 4 hours of my life and another £150 unnecessarily, but if I must...

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: English C1 TOEFL done, but expired and lost

Post by networkers » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:16 am

bobtail wrote:Hello,

I'm hoping my question will be fairly easy to answer.

I am about to apply for SET(M) (although I don't need to due to now being EU, but I qualify as per transitional arrangements) and need to prove Knowledge of English. I did a C1 TOEFL approx 3 years ago (109/120), I also have a HNC taught in English and currently doing an MSc in London, taught in English.
Problem is, TOEFL expires after 2 years and on top of that, I don't think I ever got my certificate back (or I lost it, in both cases it's my fault). HNC doesn't qualify as adequate and my postgraduate study is still in progress so I don't have a document to use as proof.

Considering the application is pretty much a box-ticking exercise, do you think I should just book a new test and save myself the worry?
I really don't feel like wasting 4 hours of my life and another £150 unnecessarily, but if I must...
Based on recent discussion with HO about the expired IELTS, they mentioned as long as you have the certificate it doesn't matter if it is expired we will accept it for ILR. The valid (not expired) certificate is the requirement for the initial application and not for ILR.

As you have lost the certificate you probably have to go for another test. Having said that, wait for expert's suggestion as well.

bobtail
Newly Registered

Re: English C1 TOEFL done, but expired and lost

Post by bobtail » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:37 am

Ah, I tried calling UKVI, but after waiting for approx 30 mins I gave up. Phoned again later, still no answer.

I am certain I had two TOEFL certificates and I left one of them at the visa centre. I better try harder to find the other one now.

Thanks a lot for the reply.