ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Great Expereince at hearing

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

almagirl
Newly Registered

Great Expereince at hearing

Post by almagirl » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:26 am

Hey Guys,

So today I had my hearing (5th March). I almost missed the hearing date because for some reason, I had it in my mind that it was meant to be 10th March. Thank God during the preparation I got the right date and prepared accordingly. My initial thoughts was to go an represent myself as my case was pretty straight forward. But just yesterday I was so nervous that I looked for a barrister to attend with me. I got a really good deal with a barrister called Guy at 1 Grays Inn Square Chambers in London. I dont remember is last name. He only charged £400 and I was frankly impressed with his confidence knowledge and ability to understand my case and raise points that I had not even thought of with only a few hours before my case. My case was on the floating list so I waited about 1hour and 40 minutes to be seen by the Judge. Guy argued my case like a boss and frankly the home office lawyer had nothing to say back. I was not asked anything about my business or how it is operating now although it has been 1year and 3 months since I applied.

I was not expecting to know the outcome of the hearing but after the whole affair, the Judge said, "You know what, I will allow your case because it is straight forward, you should receive my judgement by 10 working days." Seriously guys, I have not been this happy for a long time or even ever. I cannot thank God enough for guiding me to this forum and for all the advice you guys have given me. I have been reading this forum for a Long time. And most of the bundle for my hearing was prepared with information I read here. Thanks guys. I really appreciate all your help. Now all I am hoping is that the Home office does not appeal the decision. Gosh! I am so tired of fighting with them

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Great Expereince at hearing

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:41 am

@ almagirl, what was the refusal reason for your case?
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

almagirl
Newly Registered

Post by almagirl » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:51 am

The refusal was that I did not show any evidence that my business had a UK premises. I argued back that I submitted the company summary to the Home Office and a letter from companies house with my registered address still there.

Also they argued that I had showed no evidence for access to the funds. I argued back that I showed them my bank statements and letter from my bank.

I forgot to mention that the Home Office Barrister turned out with a huge file for my case. It is amazing the amount of information they hold on me.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:04 am

@ almagirl, your case is indeed a straightforward one and hopefully you will get appeal allowed for visa issuance.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:27 am

Congratulations.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.