ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Renewal - 5yr old Child - London

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Indian Passport Renewal - 5yr old Child - London

Post by tulipz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi all
My son's passport is expiring in June. I am planning to apply for renewal ASAP. Can someone please guide me through the process? We live in London

I downloaded the form from https://www.hcilondon.in/passport.html

His current passport was obtained when he was 6 months old. So, there is obviously a change in appearance after 5 yrs. Do I need to do the "change of appearance" affidavit? Do I need to get it notorized?

We both work full time, so ideally I want to finish submitting as early as possible in the day so that i can manage with an hour's permission rather than taking a day off. What time does the counter open? What time should I reach there to be in front of the queue? Is it better if I go during lunch time?

Any relevant advice is gratefully recieved!

z18runway

Re: Indian Passport Renewal - 5yr old Child - London

Post by z18runway » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:05 am

all queries has been answered in the link you have already provided. you need to be around 7-8am at the high commission if you want to come out between 11-12 pm.

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:51 am

For the benifit of future applicants, I am outlining the process below:

I reached the embassy at 7am. There were about 15 people in front of me. We were let into the embassy at 830am and tokens were given. My turn came at 930am. I took finger prints of my son on the main application form - but I was told that its mandatory for a 5+ yr old child to sign. It doesnt matter if the signature is different everytime :) The gentleman at the counter was kind, so he said he would take my application if I came back before 12pm. Luckily we were able to make it by then.

I didnt get the change of appearance affidavit attested outside. My husband and I just signed it - paid £20 at the embassy for attestion.

Submitted the application on 3-Apr-14
Recieved the passport on 29-Apr

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:02 pm

tulipz wrote:For the benifit of future applicants, I am outlining the process below:

I reached the embassy at 7am. There were about 15 people in front of me. We were let into the embassy at 830am and tokens were given. My turn came at 930am. I took finger prints of my son on the main application form - but I was told that its mandatory for a 5+ yr old child to sign. It doesnt matter if the signature is different everytime :) The gentleman at the counter was kind, so he said he would take my application if I came back before 12pm. Luckily we were able to make it by then.

I didnt get the change of appearance affidavit attested outside. My husband and I just signed it - paid £20 at the embassy for attestion.

Submitted the application on 3-Apr-14
Recieved the passport on 29-Apr
wonderful, nowdays people are more satisfied with the service they receive from HCI london.