ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @Solihull 3 mar2014 (Tier 2 Ict -tier2 gen- ilr)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bn08
Newly Registered

ILR Success @Solihull 3 mar2014 (Tier 2 Ict -tier2 gen- ilr)

Post by Bn08 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:51 pm

First of all I'm new to this forum and I would like to thank all the members, moderators and gurus of the forum for their dedication and correct advice for people like us
Our experience in detail:
Our appointment was around 10 am.My Husband was the main applicant with myself and 2 children applied @ Solihull peo on 3 march 2014, the venue is opposite to john lewis and a 5 minute walk from touchwood mall. We parked our car in touch wood mall and just walked to the venue. Once we reached the office by 9.15 am. After the security type check in, we were asked to sit down and wait in the seating area . A nice lady came to us and asked us to fill a form and she gave a ticket number and told us to wait and we will be seen by another person and she also noted a phone number to give us a ring to let us know the result of the application :roll: , We sat there waiting for around 30 minutes and then a lady came approaching us and asked us on which category are we applying for settlement and we said tier 2 general. she said ok and asked to give away all the docs +passports+application form everything , so we did and she told us to wait and will let us know if she needs anything else. We gave her three separate folders containing all the docs required (which I have listed below). And we were nervously waiting for her, after 30-40 minutes she came out and asked us to come in and we were puzzled and confused looking at each other (Myself and hubby) and we went inside to our surprise she called us for Biometrics finger prints and photos were taken which took around 20 minutes, And again we were asked to wait at the waiting area and she told will let us know the results. :( . So we were waiting in the seating area with our two very active kids who does not know about our tension and happily playing :| After 10 minutes she came out and asked us to leave the building and they will call us regarding the decision. :shock:. Then we left the building and went to touch wood shopping mall and were wandering about with tension and our heartbeats rising and then after 30 minutes we finally got a call from HO And person asked us to come and collect the docs and he told the happy news Congratulations your application has been approved and all four of us have got Our ILR :D ... Hurrah we jumped and smiled at each other and then went to office and a Nice lady was waiting with our docs and our Approval letter, We then thanked her and got our letters and docs and left the office with such a big relief....

Docs Submitted:
SET O Application form
Passports Main applicant +3 Dependents
BRP Cards Main applicant + 3 dependents
Employment Reference letter from employer mentioning SOC code, salary being paid more than soc code and needed for at least next 12 months.
Last one month Salary slip + 1 month Bank statement
LIUK Test certificate for Main applicant + spouse
Degree certificate for Main applicant + spouse
University letter stating the degree was taught in English for both Main applicant and Dependent
Absence proof:
Self covering letter mentioning absences+ Deputation letter where it states the employee is entitled to take 22 working days leave with corresponding payslips and bank statements highlighting the salary

Note: We did not get any letter from the employer for absence as it was from previous employer.
Cohab docs:
Council tax bills for last two years(Joint name)
House agreement for last 2 years(joint name)
Bank statement for last 1 yr (Joint name)
Electoral registration card (Joint name)
Payslips for spouse last 1 yr (myself)
P60 for last 2 yr (Spouse)
Utility bills in My husband name for latest year
Marriage Certficate
Children Birth certificate for both

Extra Docs which we took but not submit were
Last 4 yr P60
Payslips and bank statements for last 1 yr
Home office ref letter which was for (tier2 ICT to TIER 2 Gen ) last yr Feb 2013 at the same old Solihull peo :lol:
Overall our experience was very good, We did not have any interaction with the Case worker.And the process took around 2.5-3hrs totally.

FYI
I have listed the absences for my husband
2009- 22 days( vacation)
2011-30 days(vacation)
2013= 76 days(Went to Back home to serve notice period ) while serving notice period back home, he was not paid in UK but only back home and we submitted the payslips and bank statements for this period) along with self covering letter.

Once again thanks a lot guys and so sorry for the long post.
Feel free to ask any questions
Happy to help

Thx
B

dk2011

Re: ILR Success @Solihull 3 mar2014 (Tier 2 Ict -tier2 gen-

Post by dk2011 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:20 pm

Congrats !!!

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi,

Congrats...! Thank you for sharing of your experience. I've received ILR recently and would like to apply for my wife but bit confuse which form should I use and contacted home office as well but each and every persons are telling different forms etc.,
When did you come to UK as a dependent and joined with your husband? Does Solihull home office got customer service there? Because I'm trying to go there and speak with them regarding application form and eligible to apply or not.
Please reply to my queries.
Surya

kais

Post by kais » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:09 pm

CONGRATES!!!!!!!!!

could I ask how did you get electrol registration card? I did request council tax bills and received them, didnt know about electrol registration card and who to request it from?

Thanks

Bn08
Newly Registered

Post by Bn08 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Hello Surya,
I joined my husband in 2010 feb in UK, the form you should use for your wife will be SET O Application. But please verify with seniors and moderators and ask their opinion too. I just booked the appointment through online . There is no such customer service number for solihull. And lot of people have written about their experiences regarding dependent eligibility and queries. Wish you all the best and feel free to ask questions
Thx
B

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:28 pm

For PBS dependent it is SET(O) and category is PBS dependent.

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:50 pm

kais wrote:CONGRATES!!!!!!!!!

could I ask how did you get electrol registration card? I did request council tax bills and received them, didnt know about electrol registration card and who to request it from?

Thanks

Kais,

If you contact your local council office then you can find but they will charge for proof of address. I've contacted council office today through mail, they said for proof of address can give but will charge £15.00.
Surya

Bn08
Newly Registered

Post by Bn08 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Hello Kais,
My local council sent me a electoral registration letter with both our names with it and asked us to register to vote online or through post. so we registered and I just submitted the (electoral registration letter letter) which my council gave us where both our names were present with our address. just try and ring your council and they will be able to help you.

Thx
B

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:16 pm

Bn08 wrote:Hello Surya,
I joined my husband in 2010 feb in UK, the form you should use for your wife will be SET O Application. But please verify with seniors and moderators and ask their opinion too. I just booked the appointment through online . There is no such customer service number for solihull. And lot of people have written about their experiences regarding dependent eligibility and queries. Wish you all the best and feel free to ask questions
Thx
B
Hi Bn08,
Thank you for quick reply. Ok that's the reason you don't have any problems but my wife was joined with me on Nov,2011 and presently she is on PBS dependant but I got ILR based on 10 years. Before this I had Tier1 General. I have checked with seniors, moderators and called to home office as well, one day they said she can apply for SET(O) but when I called next day to confirm once again they said she needs to apply FLR(M) then go to SET(M).
Surya

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:14 am

Bn08 wrote:Hello Surya,
Thx
B
Hi Bn08,
I think they were changed PEO fee now that is £375+100. Isn't it? when did you pay application fee once you gone to inside Solihull? Has they checked are you filled right form or not before consideration of application? Has fee paid before submit application or after or before submit BRP? sorry for keep on asking you questions.
Surya

Bn08
Newly Registered

Post by Bn08 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi surya,
They are charging 375+ dependent fees 788 =1,163 for each dependent if they apply with main applicant or they have to pay 1426 pounds if they apply separately. And they checked our appointment page and payment sheet at the entrance (before security type check in). But they did not check our application form. The application form and all other docs were collected by a lady and she told us if anything is wrong or if she needs any more docs will let us know.
Please note: the fees are changing from april 6 2014. Please do check the correct fees for your application.
Hope this helps.

Thx
B

Bn08
Newly Registered

Post by Bn08 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:36 pm

surya,
while you try to book the appointment for PEO, the page automatically takes you through payment page and you will be asked to pay the fess online . And then you have to take the copy of both the payment sheet and the appointment letter to the peo.

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Bn08 wrote:surya,
while you try to book the appointment for PEO, the page automatically takes you through payment page and you will be asked to pay the fess online . And then you have to take the copy of both the payment sheet and the appointment letter to the peo.
Hi B,
Thanks for your help.
Surya