ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO APPLICATION ON HOLD

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

baizee80
Newly Registered

PEO APPLICATION ON HOLD

Post by baizee80 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:36 pm

HI I AM IN NEED OF YOUR GUIDANCE. I HAD A PEO APPOINTMENT AT LIVERPOOL. BUT MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD.

I HAVE GOT 2 WAYS OF EARNING
1. MY JOB EARNINGS £21000/-
2. SELF EMPLOYMENT £9852/-
FOR SELF EMPLOYMENT I HAVE SUBMITTED LETTER FROM THE ACCOUNTANT, INVOICE SUMMARY, BANK STATEMENTS AND BUSINESS ACCOUNTS.
I HAVE GOT AN ACADEMY WHERE I GIVE TUITIONS TO MY CUSTOMERS. HOME OFFICE HAS PUT MY APPLICATION ON HOLD AS THEY WANT TO VERIFY SOME INVOICES.
ALSO THEY HAVE PUT AN OBJECTION ON THE TAX I PAID FOR THE YEAR 2011/12. MY TIER1 APPLICATION WAS GRANTED IN 2012. ON THE BASIS OF THE SAME JOB AND BUSINESS.
BUT I CLAIMED A PROFIT OF £7500/- FOR THE YEAR 01/11 - 12/11. WHEREAS WHEN THE TAX YEAR ENDED IN APRIL 2012 THE PROFIT SHOWED IN THAT TAX YEAR WAS £5940/- AND THE TAX WAS PAID ON THAT PROFIT.
I TOLD THE CASE HANDLER THAT THE PERIOD IS DIFFERENT. THE EXTENSION WAS GRANTED ON EARNINGS FROM 01/11-12/11 AND TAX WAS PAID ON EARNINGS 04/11 - 04/12. NOW THE CASE HANDLER HAS ASKED FOR FURTHER VERIFICATIONS.
1. TAX RETURNS FOR THE YEAR 2011/12
2. HOW TO I BUILD MY CUSTOMER BASE.
3. PURCHASE ORDERS
4. REASON FOR ANY DESCREPENCIES.
5. CONTRACT AGREEMENT WITH MY BUSINESS CLIENTS.

AS THIS IS PART TIME TUITION ACADEMY I DONT HAVE ANY PURCHASE ORDERS OR AGREEMENTS.

I NEED YOUR GUIDANCE ON THIS MATTER, AS WHAT TO DO IIN THIS CASE.

THANKS

zeee123

Re: PEO APPLICATION ON HOLD

Post by zeee123 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:43 pm

hello,

When u say its put on hold, what do u mean by that. Where is ur application at the moment? When did u go for ur appointment? Have they asked you to send them some more documents? Have they given u a list of docs to send them later?

As long as you get the academy to give you some sort of contract for u to be at their premises to teach then u can make invoices under that contract with academy and cover all the payments on those invoices and also draft receipts to cover the specified period.

Good Luck and elaborate more on current status of ur application.

baizee80
Newly Registered

Post by baizee80 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:15 pm

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. MY APPLICATION IS AT PEO LIVERPOOL. ON HOLD MEANS THEY HAVEN'T GIVEN ANY DECISION AS YET. THEY WANT SOME MORE DOCUMENTS.
NOW I AM THE OWNER OF THE ACADEMY. I AM NOT WORKING FOR ANY ONE. ITS WORK FROM HOME.

THEY WANTS THESE DOCS

1. TAX RETURNS FOR THE YEAR 2011/12
2. HOW TO I BUILD MY CUSTOMER BASE.
3. PURCHASE ORDERS
4. REASON FOR ANY DESCREPENCIES WITH THE TAX PAID TO HMRC AND THE TAX DECLARED TO HOME OFFICE FOR TIER 1 EXTENSION APPLICATION MADE IN 2012.
5. CONTRACT AGREEMENT WITH MY BUSINESS CLIENTS.

THANKS

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:41 pm

I think you need to hire a good solicitor . It is very important that you reply in the same format HO is expecting and this is where profesionals experience count.
Also , please don't put your queries in all CAPS .
keep us updated regarding your ILR progress . All the best !

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi there

You have mentioned that your tier1 application was granted in 2012 and then you mentioned about the extension in 2012. Can you please advise on the correct application dates in your post.

Tier1settlement
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1settlement » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:47 am

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that your application has been held due to some tax issue it is unfortunate that these checks were not in place since the beginning.

Anyways please see the post below which is not same but I can say related to the action which I advise you to consider by submiting the docs from the list of designated people as the applicant did in the below case.

Hope this helps

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 10744.html

ilrtier1genral

Post by ilrtier1genral » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:53 am

Hi Baizee,

I understand your frustration but did the case worker asked you anything related to companies house accounts or they only checked with HMRC?

Thanks for sharing

baizee80
Newly Registered

Post by baizee80 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:22 am

hi mate,
The case worker was just concerned about the tax that i paid for the tax year 2011/12.
My initial successful Tier 1 application was on 24/02/2009
Tier 1 extension was 13/04/2012
When i applied for the extension in 2012 I showed 2 forms of income my job £21000/- And self employed profit £7500/-. My application was approved. This income was showed for the year jan 2011 - dec 2011.
But tax was paid after the tax year ended on 05/04/2012. Tax was paid from 06/04/2011 - 05/04/2012. and that was on profit £5940/-
So the case worker asked why the you have paid tax on the different amount other than that declared to home office i.e. £7500/-
Now my argument was these are 2 different time periods she is comparing. I got extension on my income from jan -dec 2011. and tax was paid on the different time period.
My accountant is going to give me the tax returns for 2011/12 which i will send.
The case worker also said she wants to verify my invoices as well. Which she can any way.
The case worker was least concerned about my income for the year 2013 on the basis on which i applied for ILR.

ilrtier1genral

Post by ilrtier1genral » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:52 am

Thanks do the reply,

When you say the tax paid was it a corporation tax or your personal tax?

Did they compared the tax returns you filed with companies house and did you took money as dividends or PAYE.

Other thing is for 7K there should not be any tax due I think you co cult your accountant and get this clarified

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:25 am

Yes, you have got a valid point of tax dates being different at time of applying for extension and for submitting the tax return for the year 2011-12.

Also you have to pay the tax on £7k because you are in full time employment and you yearly allowance of £7450 would already have deducted from ur other employment anyways.

If you have paid tax on ur self employment income although different tax period and different dates, you case can only be delayed and nothing else. They will take all ur docs from u and approve it.

So just get your accountant to give you correct docs accordingly.

Goodluck

fn286

Post by fn286 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:02 am

Dear baizee80,

I'm sorry my friend that your case was on hold...I wish I could've helped or you would've approached this forum just before it was too late...

Believe it or not...agree or not... your case is deferred just because you didn't presented yourself well... your gestures and postures nailed you... secondly it was self employment that punched you down I'm 100% sure... Home office asked more questions just to give you more pain after they caught you on tax. You just provide them names of your students (don't call them customers) .. and tell them you get students through gumtree/facebook/google...

Now my questions...to clarify your situation...

1) Do you have your academy registered as a limited company? I'm getting a feel of sole trader kind of self employment ...danger zone!

2) How much earnings you needed to meet the requirement... I think you needed minimum £23,000 I'm I right? If £23,000 than there was no need to hit the £28K threshold.

3) The tax on which you were challenged i.e. profit discrepancy... is it your personal tax (SATR/UTR) or Corporation tax? I'm getting a feeling of corporation tax though.

4) Most imp queston...how did Home offce/CW find out about your previous tax return (2011-12) from your extension year? Did you tell them or they found out themselves? If it's SATR/UTR (personal tax return) I have a feeling you gave them.

Please answer all questions honestly...private message me if youre comfortable...Now I only give personal advice on a private messages...

I just hope its not too late ...you are just the victim of greedy accountants with limited knowledge...

ilrtier1genral

Post by ilrtier1genral » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:21 am

Hi Baizee,

Can you please reply if they asked you personal tax return or company tax return for 2011 and 2012.

Also was your a limited company or self employment.

If limited company did you take wages or dividends from the company?

If you reply then we will get some ideas to arm ourself with documents on the day of PEO

Thanks

baizee80
Newly Registered

Post by baizee80 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi guys, got my ILR accepted yesterday after almost 3 weeks of wait... One of my clients did receive a verification mail from HO and he did reply straight away..
Thanks a lot for your help and guidance...

JAH

Post by JAH » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:13 pm

Heartiest congratulations ..enjoy yourself

ursamyn
United Kingdom

Post by ursamyn » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:46 am

Hi Baizee80,

Please let me know if the verification sent to the client was mentioned on previous applications or the current ILR application.

Coz, if its to previous clients while having initial application or extension granted, we will need to make sure that they will be contacted.

Please reply.

Thank you.