ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dividends / company earnings / 2 directors

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paone

dividends / company earnings / 2 directors

Post by paone » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Hello - All..
me and my wife are both directors of a company
and both our earnings go into the comapny.
she is the main Tier 1 applicant so i need to show only her earnings.

we need to apply for visa in jan 2015,
earnings will be from jan 2014 to jan 2015.

Question - A
Dividends question
if we both take a 10k dividend
is that acceptable - (dividends are the year before earnings 2013-2014)

Question - B
also since we are both have different earnings -
example i earn £20 pounds and wife earns £10= £30
and we both divide the earnings so we get £15 each.
is that acceptable or does it need to be that the Main tier 1 applicant has to earn £25 on her own..
(my wife being the main Tier 1 applicant )
or a division of 2 of the total earnings is acceptable.

we divide the earnings from the company equally -
and would that be acceptable to the UKBA adn would consider my wife to have earned £25.

so dividends = 10 k
and earnings will be 15 k

so will her earnings will be 25k

thanks
paone

fn286

Re: dividends / company earnings / 2 directors

Post by fn286 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:07 am

don't go with this route .... you have time to do something bigger and better...

All the best...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:30 pm

All you can show are the payslips, the dividend vouchers and possibly a copy of the minutes in which the dividend was declared, for the applicant.

Obviously the PAYE etc deducted needs to match that declared to HMRC because they will check.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Yash001

Post by Yash001 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:42 pm

let me clarify few things to you. Whatever both of you are contributing to the company that belongs to company only...it's based on shares of the company, your and your wife dividend is determined. If you hold 1 share and your wife hold 1 share, then both of you have to make sure that you take always equal dividend. Now coming to UKBA rule, as per UKBA rule, it does not matter what money you guys are contributing for the company..what it matters ..what you are withdrawing from the company as Salary and Dividend (Dividend always have to be from net profit of the company)....so for your wife to qualify for ILR..she need to show that she has withdrawn sufficient salary and dividend in the last 12 months from the day you want to apply...whatever income you are withdrawing from the company does not count for your wife ILR application...