ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ozzbozz
Newly Registered

Supporting Documents

Post by ozzbozz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:51 am

Hi everyone just a little query. My wife arrived here in late 2007 from Pakistan on a spouse visa did the ILR obviously 2 years later and then forgot about it. Finally got around to doing the naturalisation form (I know well late) but I'm a little confused on what to send for supporting documents.
Does it need to be letters etc showing how long she stayed here as after the getting the ILR we never bothered keeping any, probably could dig up a few recent ones and we have loads for her first 2 years here which they already saw for ILR.
Or as she came over on a spouse visa right at the start then just my passport and the Pakistani equivalent of a marriage certificate?
Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Supporting Documents

Post by Jambo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:56 am

Check the last page of the form for a list of evidence required.

Your passport is not needed. Her passport is required.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

ozzbozz
Newly Registered

Post by ozzbozz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:32 am

Thanks I know she needs to send hers I was just confused a bit when it said on Section 3 it put;
.Your passports Or
.Letters from employers edu.... or Gov Depts,

So going by that Or I don't need to send letters.

However Section 6 talks about Evidence of Marriage asking for Spouse Passport etc AND Marriage Cert. Or is that not apply to us as she arrived on Spouse visa and they already know we are married from that?

Sorry if I sound daft.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:23 pm

As your wife has spent more than 5 year in the UK and possess ILR for more than a year, she can apply for citizenship on her own without any additional supporting documents from you. In this case she needs to satisfy the residential requirements of physically present in the UK exactly 5 year prior to the application date.

She can also apply for citizenship as a spouse of a British citizen. In this case marriage certificate and your passport is required. (as mentioned in section 6). However in this case she needs to satisfy the residential requirements of physically present in the UK exactly 3 year prior to the application date.

So you can choose either options.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:19 pm

ozzbozz wrote: However Section 6 talks about Evidence of Marriage asking for Spouse Passport etc AND Marriage Cert. Or is that not apply to us as she arrived on Spouse visa and they already know we are married from that?

Sorry if I sound daft.
You didn't say if you are British or not (spouse visaapplies to non British as well).

As per ban.s post she either apply on her own merits or as your spouse (if you are British). She will need to provide all the documents listed on the form even if this was submitted in previous application.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)