ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Frequent visit outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rangana911
Newly Registered

Frequent visit outside UK

Post by rangana911 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:51 am

Hi ,

I am on Tier 1 - General Migration visa and i am due my 3rd extension on Dec 2014. The problem i have is that i have been offered a job which requires me to visit and stay in Keny and some other countries 75% of the time. The billing/payments will happen in UK and will be under UK's Tax regulations.

I want to confirm that these frequent visits will not be counted when I Apply for ILR ?

And if I accept this job, it will not be an issue for visa extension.

thanks,
Rangana

shargaur

Re: Frequent visit outside UK

Post by shargaur » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:17 pm

No. You can get a letter from your employer that you are away from country because of work commitments. If you company is based in uk, you are earning in UK and taxes are paid in UK then you are fine and there won't be a problem.

rangana911
Newly Registered

Post by rangana911 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi Shargur,

Thanks for the reply. I am contracting through my own company, so i guess a letter from my client would be much suitable than a letter from my company (signed my myself) ?

Also, these days will not be counted when i apply for IRL ?

thanks,
Rangana

nandsenthil
Newly Registered

Post by nandsenthil » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:54 am

Gents,

I am in a similar situation and went outside UK for nearly 230+ days in single year. All for employment purpose and was paid in UK under UK's tax regulations. However i was told that even if it was for UK work commitment I cannot exceed 180 days.

I would be interested to know if anyone succeeded in obtaining ILR with absences more than 180 days for employment purpose.