ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved March 2014, GLASGOW PEO, Templates included

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fabercastel

ILR approved March 2014, GLASGOW PEO, Templates included

Post by fabercastel » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Hello All

I would like to share my Glasgow PEO ILR experience where I have been granted ILR this week. You guys gave the support and valuable advices, I thank you all for your valuable time by providing your feedbacks.

Once I had a question regarding ILR and I emailed Levens solicitor (by seeing the Ad on TV). Just had one question, they asked me to pay upfront 55£ for a telephonic call. It will be just a YES or NO answer but still they asked me to pay. Finally I decided not to and kept asking questions in immigration board. Well, I grabbed the confidence from many of the posts in immigration board and applied for ILR.

Finally I was elated after getting imy ILR but i was so confused for 2 days, its just me but if you have all the right documents then you should be fine. I will try to keep it brief, thanks for going over this message. I have attached certain templates which might be useful for your reference. Its not perfect but atleast it will give you an idea.

CASE:

- 5 year Tier 1 (general) completed and applied for ILR
- Applied in GLASGOW PEO
- Applied on my own, not went through consultants/ agencies as they charge a fortune, I don't have that extra money so I need to make sure I read through all the requirements and double/ triple check the documents I submit. Immigration board was a big help for me
- Due to Glasgow PEO site refurbishment, slots are only released for 2 weeks time in Glasgow, i was about to book in solihull or Liverpool which is way far from where i stay but i waited enough and finally got the appointment slot.
- PEO is in Prime location (Brand street), best means of transport is SUB (underground), Buchanan SUB to Cessnock SUB (12 min) and brand street is just 5 minutes walk towards the back of the station
- Don't come too early for appointment, due to limited place on the site its better come to the centre just 15 min before your slot, you should be fine.
- Outside the centre there is an excellent Cafe shop (George porgies, if i remember the name correct) which sells sandwiches to everything, reasonable price and great quality.
- The staff at Glasgow PEO were excellent, everyone from security staff to the person who collected the documents and the reviewer, everyone were so polite, informative. was an excellent experience. But I was traumatized when my application process got delayed. It took around 3 hrs to get the final answer. Guessing its a normal waiting time. My special thanks to the document reviewer, the way he carried himself was elegant and so polite, i was so happy that he reviewed my application.
- After security check (baggage etc.) the document collector will ask 4 or 5 questions, i don't remember all 4/5 questions, but one of the important one is are you applying within 28 days rule. So make sure you are within that period while applying
- Other 3 or 4 questions are relatively simple like, do you think you have all the supporting documents, is that the right category you are applying etc. You need to be confident while replying to those questions.
- The next stage is they collect all your documents and leave for verification,
- I thought I will be called at my appointment time and I have to submit my documents one by one but its not the case. So make sure you have all the documents in the right order and all the documents included for handing over as there will be no interaction until they deliver the verdict. My biometric card was in my wallet and I forgot to give it initially as I was thinking I will be asked one by one as happened during my tier 1 extension. But after 15 minutes I realized my mistake and submitted my biometric card, luckily they accepted. I dont think anyone will do this but it was panic moment as i could see almost everyone over there came with consultant staff.
- one applicant forgot to bring payslip documents, he has been asked if he could bring it in couple of hours, not sure if he did. But it all depends on the document reviewer, he is so kind enough that he accepted to bring the documents within app. 2 hrs. I happened to see a rejection case because her husband was not physically present during her application. Her fee was refunded except 100 pounds (Admin charge). If rejected they provide the exact reason why its been rejected which will help you for your re-application
- After they collect all the documents from you, they normally come back after 30 minutes or 1 hr to take your biometrics. At that time they will reveal how long will the processing take, probably 2 hrs. Due to refurbishment they will request you to leave and come back after certain time.
- All the documents must be originals and exact photo copies of all the original documents must be submitted
- If you have pre-paid already the whole amount you don't need to tick any relevant boxes in application form
- While booking the appointment slot, it asked me to pay the entire amount so I did paid.
- do not forget to take the payment confirmation with you

LIST OF ENCLOSED DOCUMENTS: (see attachments in this mail)

1. MAIN COVER LETTER
2. EARNINGS COVER LETTER
3. ABSENCE COVER LETTER - WORD
4. ABSENCE COVER LETTER -EXCEL
5. COHABITATION LETTER

MAIN DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
- Please refer to the entire list in the attached documents (cover letter attachment)

PHOTO:
Photo cost me just 25P. I have attached a powerpoint as well.
Steps:-
1. just place your photo in the required box in the powerpoint page, attached document (see the photo requirement in ILR form, how the photo must look like)
2. FYI, The final picture size will be 6 inches x 4 inches (6" x 4")
3. 8 photos can be cropped from that single large box when finally grouped using Ctrl.G in Powerpoint
4. when all 8 photos placed, perform Ctrl. A, which chooses everything in that page. Right click choose Group option or Ctrl.G
5. When grouped all the pictures are now as a single file.
6. right click on the picture choose SAVE AS PICTURE (Jpeg format).
7. Go to boots store and choose 6" x 4" option.
8. I am not good with scissors to crop the individual photos exactly, hence I used a ruler and a knife and it did the job exactly as reqd. write your name on back of the photo (ILR requirement)

This is my ILR experience and I hope you guys have a smooth ride too. Wish you all the best. Thanks again guys for everything especially immigration board. :)

Sorry guys, it allows only 3 attachments to be uploaded. I will try to upload the rest in the reply to this post if it allows. Even immigration board doesn't allow power-point (photo sizing) to be uploaded. I will give a try, if not I am sure how to upload here

The below attachments doesnt seem to reveal entirely, but you can always right click the below documents and save it as a image file which then you can open from your downloads section
MAIN COVER LETTER-page-001.jpg
Cover letter - Page 1
MAIN COVER LETTER-page-001.jpg (167.52 KiB) Viewed 4072 times
MAIN COVER LETTER-page-002.jpg
Cover letter - page 2
MAIN COVER LETTER-page-002.jpg (113.36 KiB) Viewed 4072 times
EARNINGS COVER LETTER-page-001.jpg
EARNINGS COVER
EARNINGS COVER LETTER-page-001.jpg (155.96 KiB) Viewed 4072 times
Hello All,
Last edited by fabercastel on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fabercastel

Re: ILR approved March 2014, GLASGOW PEO, Templates included

Post by fabercastel » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:05 pm

ABSENCE COVER LETTER - word-page-001.jpg
absence word - part 2
ABSENCE COVER LETTER - word-page-001.jpg (119.26 KiB) Viewed 4067 times
ABSENCE form - excel-page-001.jpg
Absence - part 1
ABSENCE form - excel-page-001.jpg (176.41 KiB) Viewed 4067 times
cohabitation letter-page-001.jpg
Co habitation doc
cohabitation letter-page-001.jpg (107.32 KiB) Viewed 4067 times
cohabitation letter-page-001.jpg
Co habitation doc
cohabitation letter-page-001.jpg (107.32 KiB) Viewed 4067 times

puff
Newly Registered

Post by puff » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:10 am

hi,Congratulations on your ILR,
what are the list of documents that you have submitted?
could you post the templates in word format please? Thanks

fabercastel

Post by fabercastel » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:46 am

List of documents (Main Applicant: -------------------)

1. Application form
2. Passport (Current +Previous)
3. Biometric card
4. Life in UK test letter
5. Original UK NARIC letter to prove English language instruction to meet CEFR level C1
6. PBS calculator spreadsheet summary (From UKBA website)
7. Previous Tier 1 extension letter (From UKBA to show the summary of points collected for qualification)
8. Degree certificate (Master, Bachelor, English certificate)
9. Employment letter from current company
10. Salary cover letter
11. Payslips (Attested by Payroll department)
12. bank statements to reflect salary coming in every month (12 months)
13. Company letter (Bonus/ performance payments)
14. P60 document & Employment history letter from HMRC
15. Maintenance letter from Barclays- Minimum amount of 5000£ maintained since 01/10/2013
16. Cover letter for absence in the 5 consecutive years
17. Absence proof:
a. Company letters
b. Flight itinerary tickets
c. Medical letter (main applicant)
d. Medical letter (close relative illness)
e. Any natural disaster
18. payment confirmation

List of documents (Dependant: ----------------------------)

1. Biometric card
2. Passport
3. Life in UK test letter
4. Original UK NARIC letter to prove English language instruction to meet CEFR level C1
5. PBS calculator spreadsheet summary (From UKBA website) to show her Master and bachelor level qualification recognized in PBS system
6. Degree certificates (Master degree & Bachelor degree)
7. Dependant Maintenance letter from Lloyds- Minimum amount of 3000£ maintained since 01 Oct 2013
8. Bank statements (24 months)

Cohabitation:

1. wife Driving license, address proof
2. Name: Passport (Final page: Spouse name mentioned)
3. Midwife letter (pregnant confirmation)
4. Marriage certificate
5. Council letter (mentioning i was staying in that address with my wife for 3 yrs in that address)
6. Voter registration form
7. --
8. electoral register voting letter
9. BANK statement
10. NHS letter
11. Council tax letter
12. healthcare insurance
13. NHS medical card
14. Motoring letter
15. Council letter
16. Tenancy agency letter
17. Tenancy (Agency letter) agreement
18. Council letter again
19. United utilities – water
20. National insurance
21. United utilities – water
22. DSA – Driving standard agency letter
23. Council letter again

ishalife
Newly Registered

Post by ishalife » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:49 am

Hi

I have a Master Degree from USA. Do I need tpo get UK NARIC letter to prove English language instruction to meet CEFR level C1

fabercastel

Post by fabercastel » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:05 pm

hi,

SET O form clearly states : (qn. 4.3)

Pass in life in UK test + one of the below,

English language speaking and listening qualification, or
A degree taught or researched in English, or
are you a national of a majority English-speaking country?

- I went with the 2nd option. degree taught in English. For English level verification UK NARIC only consider the bachelors programme and not masters level programme, not sure why.

Pg.37 of the below link explains the English level requirement. They just need a proof mentioning that your degree was taught in english and its above B1 level requirement.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 42/kol.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 42/kol.pdf

Levels explained (CEFR):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Eur ... _Languages

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Eur ... _Languages

razi.khan

Post by razi.khan » Mon May 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Congratulations
We all forum members are very happy. Please guide me as I have booked my appointment on 8 thy May as Tier 1 General. I have a 80% salary claim through my job with pay slips and bank statement while 20% through self employment. Is there any issue?

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:24 pm

why do you think there is an issue. Call PEO Glasgow and see if they accept Self and Employment combination?

razi.khan

Post by razi.khan » Mon May 05, 2014 12:41 pm

I don't have their number and I am afraid today is Bank holiday. I don't understand why they do not put in their web site or during payment when some one pick the PEO Glasgow.

puneetdwd

Post by puneetdwd » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi
Congratulations and many thanks for posting details it would be helpful for everyone. I have Glasgow PEO appointment in 2 weeks.
1) I am on tier 1 and changed company once and my previous employer denied me letter of absence stating that they can't issue letter to Exited Employees. I am attaching the email from previous employer.
2)English Language:- me and my wife Master degree in India was recognised by PBS calculator -- many of my friend just went with original degree+PBS print. We have not gone for NARic as they don't do it for Master Hope that should be ok.
I have got some Qs on Set O form which I am not sure ..can I contact you by direct message or email please?
Kindly send a test email so that I can ask my Qs p form.
Many thanks and many Congratulation You must be relieved now :)
Regards
Puneet
Last edited by CR001 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of personal contact information
P

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:29 pm

Is Glasgow PEO accepting ILR application rely in self employment or not..??please share any experience..!!

Thanks

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:33 am

Thank you for you templates