ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complex Immigration history

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sony44

Complex Immigration history

Post by sony44 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi folks,
This is in regard to de_Vips post" Getting in to Ireland (Complex immigration history)" see linkhttp://www.immigrationboards.com/ireland/getti ... 545.html.I would love to mention that i'm in exactly the same situation as you but the worst bit is that i'm just engaged to my BC partner not married.

I'm just wondering if you know of any legal way of getting married without having immigration leave ?Say may be church of England. Is marriage from a local born again church or mosque recognized via the SS route just wondering.

And also if i do ask the home office for my passport to pursue the SS route ,i highly doubt they will send it to my address thinking may be i will do a runner and disappear.What is the best way around this ? Thought of asking to have it sent to the Irish embassy here in the UK so i can apply for the C short stay type visa then my wife(if we ever manage to get married) and i can travel to Ireland.

Any advise and thoughts are highly appreciated.

dalebutt

Re: Complex Immigration history

Post by dalebutt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:02 pm

The link you posted isn't working.

sony44

Post by sony44 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:10 pm

Last edited by sony44 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:30 pm

If you and your partner are ready to get married, that is the first hurdle you have to jump, I do not know exactly how you can do that with all the news flying around this days about undocumented migrants trying to get married are sometimes arrested by UKBA officers, acting on the tip off of the registry or Church of England. You will need to avoid the hotspot basically.

If you do get married, the rest shouldn't be as burdensome, you can write to the UKBA to find out the location of your passport, usually are sent to the nearest local immigration offices, once you ascertain that, you will need to ring them and tell them you will be living the UK, you will need to have bought your tickets for Ireland, they should normally release your passport to you once they see that.

What I do not know is if they will be willing to release the passport without seeing some official document confirming your relationship to the British citizen.

How long have you been living with your partner?

sony44

Post by sony44 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Been living together for 6 months but been in a relationship close to 2 years. Also i didnt mention my partner has a 3 year old girl whose dad is not in contact,not even on the childs birth cerificate. I was considering applying for FLR(FP) Paragraph EX1 because i have a parental relationship with the child as i take her nursery,gp park etc. Do you think this would work as we are not married and shes not my biological daughter?

If by any chance i managae to get married ,how i dont know yet, which is the best option? SS route or try the FLR(FP) considering its 10 year route and no right of appeal since i have no leave.My partner is ready to do anything and her parents are ready to support us in any way .We just dont know what to do.

Thanks for your help

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:08 pm

You may qualify for Flr(O) as someone who shares parental responsibility of a British child. It depends what your intentions are in the long term, if you want to acquire BC and quick, SS is better, but it comes with burden having to move to Ireland with a child as well, securing a place at an Irish school and having to job search, you will need a bit of savings to embark on SS route.

I hope you are aware the rules have been changed for one to qualify under SS? You might end up having to spend a year in Ireland before your wife might be deemed as qualified, it isn't going to be easy but it is doable, residence under the regulation is way better but it doesn't come easy as well.

sony44

Post by sony44 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Ok i guess trying for flr(O) is more sensible.

I was wondering what my legal status is if i have a pending application which hasn't been decided by the the home office despite the fact that i have no valid leave now.

My plan is to apply for flr(fp) once i have that "we have received your application your case will be passed on to case worker......" letter from home office,i can use that to show to registrar or vicar to arrange marriage before i get the biometrics letter. My relationship is genuine ,the vicar has been to our house once,my partners family comes to church with us sometimes.

Can the ukba officers swoop in on our wedding day ,cuff me and whisk me away when i have a pending application?Will this cut it you think?

Thanks for your time buddy.I appreciate it.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:02 pm

If the vicar knows your family that much, I suspect there wouldn't be any problem, the plan looks good as well, unfortunately having an outstanding application under the immigration rules sometimes does not guaranty protection from removal, it is unlikely to happen in your case though, I do not think it will be necessary for the vicar to inform the UKBA of your intention to marry.

sony44

Post by sony44 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:12 pm

I know but its much more not in vicars hands as i have to apply for a common licence under church of England which is issued by the some top clergy in diocese who in that case will never have met me not even heard of my foreign name.So im a bit concerned he might contact home office to confirm application is in and that where the trouble will come from.

If say i'm arrested by ukba,is that the last nail in the coffin?Is there any way i can be released?

Thanks Dale

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:29 pm

I am puzzled to hear of this common license, this is another means by the authority to grab money from individuals, I do not have much time to read about the common license thing at the moment, I have not before now heard of it, but say if you were arrested on the wedding, sadly things may happen fast, and you may be removed.

Perhaps some members who have gone through the process of obtaining the common license can give an idea of how the process works.

sony44

Post by sony44 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Thanks mate.We shall carry on as planned and perhaps speak to vicar before ceremony.

Thanks once again for your help.Ever so grateful