ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP QUERY :HELP PLEASE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

time789
Newly Registered

HSMP QUERY :HELP PLEASE

Post by time789 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:15 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for HSMP in the next couple of days from within the U.K.All the necessary documentation as far as the application goes is ready.I have a couple of queries I hope some one can clarify them for me please :

I initially completed my Master's and returned back to India in 2003 ,where I worked for a Media company (listed public company),in between I tried applying for the Working Holiday within a span of a year after returning back which was not approved.I returned back to the U.K in 2006 to pursue a research program ( which I will probably finish by this year end or early next year).The doubts I have are :

While applying on a current student status is it compulsory to specify the number of study hours per week ,since I am on a research program the University indicates that I am a full time student and that all necessary attendance requirements are satisfactory,but in the case worker's stencil sheet there is a column which states :Have number of study hours been specified or not.Please let me know what is the correct procedure

The other query I have is with regards to the recent events apparently every HSMP applicant's details are being verified, my issue is just before I left the media house I was working for they were doing pretty badly and now they are in the process of restructuring the whole setup.I was told Integra personnel personally go to the establishment(from April 2007) and enquire regarding our specific background and also check regarding the background and infrastructure of the organization and mark the application based on that.My worry is since the organization is being restructured( even though it is still listed and traded on NSE and BSE) would they downmark my application and also since all my team members have left what happens if they are unable to verify my details (unless the specific people who know me are working on the day they arrive which is the Network Admin and the Vice President of Accounts).

I am planning to send the application by next week please let me know if I should go ahead or should I add more supporting documents.

Regards

time789
Newly Registered

Post by time789 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:48 pm

Hi,

24 views and no replies,is it because I have posted a wrong question or worse a stupid question which does not need answering.Please do let me know guys

Regards

ball1333

cut to the chase

Post by ball1333 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:39 am

I've just read your post 3 times and I'm still not sure what the bottom line is.

Can you post a list of lines of text ending in question marks? Direct questions are more likely to get direct answers.

time789
Newly Registered

Post by time789 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:42 am

I am sorry for not posting specific queries but here they go ,I hope I have been to the point this time around.Thanks

For a person who is currently resident in the U.K on a student visa ,is it required to state the number of study hours per week on the University letter?

What if the company you worked for is under restructuring ,does this affect your earnings points claimed?
(This question is based on the assumption that every HSMP application is being checked by the Home office by hiring a third party ,who in turn visit the premises of the organization the applicant has claimed to work for and mark the organization on the basis of the employee strength and corporate performance)

Does it in anyway affect your approval application or whilst getting the visa endorsed after approval if a visa was rejected earlier under a different category?

Thanks

time789
Newly Registered

Post by time789 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:34 pm

Some more views and no answers .Are my queries still vague.Please let me know.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:12 pm

I have provided in line answeres to your queries below:
time789 wrote:
For a person who is currently resident in the U.K on a student visa ,is it required to state the number of study hours per week on the University letter? NO; Just a letter stating that you are a full time student will do

What if the company you worked for is under restructuring ,does this affect your earnings points claimed?
(This question is based on the assumption that every HSMP application is being checked by the Home office by hiring a third party ,who in turn visit the premises of the organization the applicant has claimed to work for and mark the organization on the basis of the employee strength and corporate performance) INTEGRA verification is a very tricky and subjective process. Its like a black box (infact a blackhole - at times they take too much time to submit their report to BHC, causing a lot of delay). So if they get hold of someone who knows you, you should be fine. Otherwise expect an interview call from BHC

Does it in anyway affect your approval application or whilst getting the visa endorsed after approval if a visa was rejected earlier under a different category? Depends on the grounds on which the earlier application was rejected, although the VISA guidelines clearly say that a refusal will have no bearing on your future VISA applications

Thanks