ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application - My Findings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:39 pm

Hi Sathish,

Thanks for the information. This is a nice idea.

As for the date from which you have to book the accommodation, there is a field in the VAF1 form asking "when do you intend to arrive in the UK". I guess we have to show our accommodation booking from this date for at least 7 days. Hope this helps. Others please comment

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:05 pm

YMCA is a good choice as you dont have to worry about the meals. I have stayed there for some time - they serve pretty decent food (basically good value for money). And yes it is in Zone I- very convenient as far as commuting to and fro is concerned.

regards,

push_hsmp
rsathish wrote:Dhanu,
I dont think you need a job and or a bank account to get an accomodation in UK.

My idea is to stay in Indian YMCA hostel. Reason being they provide both breakfast and dinner + lunch in weekends too (the rent is inclusive of this approx 20~25 ppd). It would be ideal for us to look out for a Job that way (not worrying abt food you see). Once you settle, you can move into a shared accomodation or a self catering one.

Also, if i am not wrong, the Indian YMCA is in Zone 1; Very helpful when it comes to search for jobs or attending interviews. This is my thinking.

Any other views or previous experiences are welcome too.
--------------------------
One more query for people who have got EC: I am planning to apply for EC next week, in that case, from what dates should I book the accomodation? A little confusion here.

Anyone can help?

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi All,

My EC's approved. Valid from 12th July till 12 July 2009.

Thanks to everyone on the boards.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks,
Sai

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:34 pm

Many Congratulations to You. Hope you will be around on the forum for some time to guide other ppl.

regards,

push_hsmp

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:41 pm

ssvgopal wrote:Hi All,

My EC's approved. Valid from 12th July till 12 July 2009.

Thanks to everyone on the boards.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks,
Sai
Congratulations! :)

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:37 am

Sure. I'll be around and can be contacted on ssvgopal@gmail.com.

Good luck to you all.

Regards,
Sai

smkaz
Newly Registered

Post by smkaz » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi guys,

I got my initial approval for HSMP, I am in country applicant on fresh talent Visa and working in London.

My question is: How much do I need to show in my back account when applying for FLR(HSMP) currently I have around 1000/- Pounds in account.

I am on permanent employment of 33000 P.A, will my pay slips, employer letter and 1000/- pounds in account should be enough or do I need to add some more money.

2 Q) Do I need to send my tenancy agreement ?

thanks in advance,
Regards
Kaz

chanduambience
Newly Registered

Post by chanduambience » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:29 pm

Hi Guys

MY EC is rejected for the following two reasons can some one in this thread help me out.

1. Your account show large recent deposits, which are not consistent with your account history,you have not satisfactorly explained the reason. Also you have shown affidavit from your father states that he has gifted 3,00,00 to support you in UK, but you are failed to submit sale dee and an enumbrance certificate for this.

2. I have also considered your job offer letter, however as a result of checks made by this office i am not satisfied on a balance of probabilities, that this document is genuine, or that the company concerned is a genuine trading entity with its own bank account conataning sufficent fudns for the payment of salaries to staff and so on.

From my side

For the first case i submitted the notaried sala deed ( I assumed trhis is enough).

For the second case i have got the offer letter ( which is genuine) but i don't know abt the compnay's ficnancial statisstics ( I have no control on this), simply i accepted the offer and submitted along with the EC application.

So can guys hemp me out how to proceed fruther do u want me to reapply or appeal against my decission?.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:08 pm

Sorry to hear that. In order to offer you any advice, we would need the following info:

(1) Can you please give us the timelines for your application (including Integra checks)/ the VFS you applied at etc.

(2) The large chunk of amount that was transferred recently - does it match with the gift pledge i.e INR 30000? - Were there any other large transations besides the INR 300000 amount which has been gifted to you by your father?

(3) Which notarised sale deed are you talking about?

(4) Did you submit a financial support letter from your father? Was the affidavit on a stamp paper?

(5) Did you submit his bank statements?

(6) The firm that you got the appointment letter from - are they a big name?

(7) Did you check up with the firm regarding any reference checks that BHC supposedly carried out ? - seems to be a very strange case !!

( 8 ) Have you got your original HSMP approval letter back? or have they retained it?

regards,

push_hsmp
chanduambience wrote:Hi Guys

MY EC is rejected for the following two reasons can some one in this thread help me out.

1. Your account show large recent deposits, which are not consistent with your account history,you have not satisfactorly explained the reason. Also you have shown affidavit from your father states that he has gifted 3,00,00 to support you in UK, but you are failed to submit sale dee and an enumbrance certificate for this.

2. I have also considered your job offer letter, however as a result of checks made by this office i am not satisfied on a balance of probabilities, that this document is genuine, or that the company concerned is a genuine trading entity with its own bank account conataning sufficent fudns for the payment of salaries to staff and so on.

From my side

For the first case i submitted the notaried sala deed ( I assumed trhis is enough).

For the second case i have got the offer letter ( which is genuine) but i don't know abt the compnay's ficnancial statisstics ( I have no control on this), simply i accepted the offer and submitted along with the EC application.

So can guys hemp me out how to proceed fruther do u want me to reapply or appeal against my decission?.

chanduambience
Newly Registered

Post by chanduambience » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi Push_hsmp

Here my answers to your questions.

(1) Can you please give us the timelines for your application (including Integra checks)/ the VFS you applied at etc.

Ans. Applied at VFS on 22-June
No idea when they contacted my employer

(2) The large chunk of amount that was transferred recently - does it match with the gift pledge i.e INR 30000? - Were there any other large transations besides the INR 300000 amount which has been gifted to you by your father?

Ans. In the last Feb-2007 i deposited 6,00,000 in cash into my A/C on my own (this is my own sisters money they are in US for some urgent requirement they gave dollors to their friend in US, after some time his father paid me back in cash in indian rupees same thing i deposited in my account to transfer it to my native place).

(3) Which notarised sale deed are you talking about?

Ans. Sale deed (nothing but sale aggrement of land)

(4) Did you submit a financial support letter from your father? Was the affidavit on a stamp paper?

Ans. Yes i submiited financial support letter and affidavit is on stamp paper

(5) Did you submit his bank statements?

Ans. No( he doe's not have that much money to show, thats why he sold the land)

(6) The firm that you got the appointment letter from - are they a big name?

Ans. No

(7) Did you check up with the firm regarding any reference checks that BHC supposedly carried out ? - seems to be a very strange case !!

Ans. Even i was wondering what the hell that firm was?

( 8 ) Have you got your original HSMP approval letter back? or have they retained it?
Ans. They have not given me back the original one nor i have the xerox copy ( do u guys have any idea how to get the xerox copy now from the BHC)

Plz do help me out in this.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:45 pm

I do not see any problem with your case as such. But from the information that you have provided I can conclude that:

They might have found the entry of 60000/- dubious as it was deposited in cash. Possible Solution- You get a letter from your sister regarding this.

The more negative thing here seems to be emanating from the firm whose appointment letter you have provided. Check up with them regarding their financial position and ask them as to what is wrong with that. Also ask them tp provide a convincing doc that you can submit to BHC in support of your review application.

You need not worry about the photocopy of the HSMP approval letter as BHC already has the original.

There is not much beyond what I have suggested, that you can really do - try to sort out the issues related to finances.

regards,

ssvgopal

Covering Letter Format for EC

Post by ssvgopal » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:16 pm

All,

As requested by someone on the boards, I am copying snippets from my covering letter.

Regards,
Sai

======================
Mr. XYZ
Mrs. ABC
FULL ADDRESS
....INDIA
Phone : +91-(landline),
+91- (husband’s mobile)
+91- (wife’s mobile)
Email :
Date Month Year
To,
The British Deputy High Commission
Chennai/CITY-of-UK-Embassy, India

Subject : Entry Clearance Application of Mr. XYZ & Mrs. ABC
Dear Sir/Madam:

My full name is XYZ, Z being my Surname. I am an Indian national, born on … and resident of …, India. I have applied for HSMP in …date, and my initial application had been kindly approved by Work Permits(UK) with Reference number : … on …date (valid upto …date). Myself and my wife, ABC(pre-marital name being …), wish to apply for Entry Clearance to the UK, to come to the UK.
All the required supporting documentation is enclosed along with the EC application forms. Upon being kindly granted the EC for both of us, we plan to travel to the UK on …date. We kindly request the British Deputy High Commission to process our EC applications, and issue the EC for both of us with Effective Date from …date.

Marriage Documentation :
• Marriage Registration certificate
• Entry of husband’s name in wife’s passport
• Entry of wife’s name in husband’s passport
• Joint Bank Account statement from BANK-name, Branch-name,City
• Marriage photographs

Finances in UK :
• Financial support from my friend, PQR staying in London on Work permit.
o Letter of financial support, stating his willingness to help us financially in case the need arises. { If you have a sponsor for accommodation as well as finances, it will be really helpful. }
o Council tax receipt
o 4 months Payslips
o 1 month Bank statement
o Latest P60 certificate
• Statement of Salary Account with Bank-name, A/c no. …. Account balance is in excess of … INR ~ … GBP(at 1GBP = 82 INR as on 27th June 2007 given by www.xe.com).
o I’ve taken a loan of … INR from Bank-name, City-name to fund my expenses in the UK, this amount being reflected in the enclosed Bank statement. The loan agreement letter from Bank-name is also enclosed.
o The Bank contact details are enclosed below :
BANK-NAME
Area …
Address …
Tel +91-
Fax +91-
Weekday : Monday to Friday, Timings : 10.00 - 4.00
Weekend : Saturday, Timings : 10.00 - 1.00
WeeklyOff : Sun

Finances in India :
• Statement of Joint savings account & Copy of Passbook. Account balance is in excess of … INR. The Savings Account Number is ….
The bank details are provided below :
BANK-NAME, branch-name, City-name.
Branch Code : …
Branch-Address…
Phone : +91-40-…, +91-40-…
• Company Pension Fund Accumulation since …(mention year here), … INR. I plan to withdraw this PF amount and deposit the proceeds to my BANK-NAME Account. The online statement for the PF accumulation is enclosed till …date. Tax(at applicable rates of around 30%) would be deducted on these proceeds, and the net proceeds are expected to be around … INR.
• I own a Bullet Machismo 350cc bike and Maruti 800cc Euro-2 car, both taken under loan. The bike’s loan is cleared, and the car loan is due till this …year. I plan to clear off the remaining car loan for the 2 months, sell both of them and deposit the proceeds to my BANK-NAME Account.
o The car and the bike were originally priced at 2,45,000 INR(in Sept’2002) and 75,000 INR(in Oct’2004), and are expected to fetch around 1,00,000 INR and 55,000 INR respectively in the second hand market.
o The bike and the car RC copies are provided along. The letter from BANK stating the completion of the bike loan is provided. The letter from BANK stating the complete tenure of the car loan is also provided.
o The net proceeds from the sale of these vehicles is expected to be around …INR(after deducting the remaining 2 EMIs for July/August: 4372 + 4372 + 2.5% foreclosure charges).
• Total finances available for my financial commitments in India would be … + … + … = … INR.

Current Employment Documentation :
Myself, XYZ, am employed with COMPANY, a division of BIG-COMPANY, based in CITY, as a PRESENT-ROLE. I am working on PRESENT-DOMAIN and have been with COMPANY since …year. I am enclosing my Joining letter, payslips, hike/promotion letters, experience letter, recent bonus letter, ID card copy, visiting card as proof for my current employment with COMPANY.
• Joining Letter
• All Hike/Promotion Letters
• Payslips(last 12 months)
• Experience Letter
• Salary account statements in SALARY-BANK, CITY-name from MONTH-YEAR till …date
• IT returns filed in India for the past 3 years(2003 to 2005). (Please note, that the IT returns for the financial year 2006-07 is not filed because the Form 16 was not issued till date by COMPANY. Enclosed the mail-communication with COMPANY HR in this regard.)
Contact details of Mr. EFG, COMPANY Finance for verification purposes :
EFG, COMPANY-NAME
ADDRESS
Phone : + 91- Mobile : +91-
Email : … Fax : +91-…
• Recent bonus letter given in May 2007
• COMPANY Pension Fund Accumulation, online statement(from third party agency maintaining the employee PF funds) since 2003 till 2007.
• Office Address :
COMPANY
ADDRESS
Phone : +91-…. Extn : …
Fax : +91-…
Email : …

Travel Plan :
• I will bear the cost of the travel for myself and my wife to the UK. The air travel cost is expected to be around … INR.

Plan while in UK :
• The cost of initial accommodation in London will be borne by myself. I booked a hotel accommodation for a week for both of us from 26th July till 2nd Aug 2007 at 301 GBP. The online booking receipt is attached along with the EC application. The booking details are mentioned below :
Booking Ref : … in www.bhrc.co.uk
Room details : Double Basic - This room can occupy 2 adults
HOTEL ADDRESS
Phone : +44 (0) … Fax : …
• Subsequently, we plan to find a suitable rented accommodation. We are expecting the cost of combined accommodation to come around 350 GBP per month. Other miscellaneous expenses to come around 300 BGP per month.
• I am applying to job adverts in the job websites jobserve, reed, hays, cwjobs, progressive, totaljobs. I’ve recently interviewed for a Software Engineer position in the company client-company-name based in London.
o The interview details along the email communications with the consultant(name) are enclosed.
o Most of the companies I interacted showed interest in my CV, but were asking me to be physically available in the UK for further discussions. So, I expect to find a suitable position shortly after arriving in the UK.
o My current CV is also provided.
• My wife is applying to job adverts in the field of …. She expects to get a job shortly after she arrives in the UK as she had previous experience working for UK firms in India.

Please find enclosed below, the details of the supporting documentation that was provided for the Initial HSMP application.
Evidence supplied for Age :
• Original Birth Certificate [ Q.53 ]
• Notarised copy of personal details page of Passport [ Q.54 ]
• Copy of Driving Licence [ Q.54 ]
HSMP Points awarded : 5
I am a post-graduate in STREAM, having completed my MTech(Master of Technology) in INSTITUTE during the academic year 1997-98. This course is equivalent to Masters programme in UK.
Evidence supplied for Academic Qualifications :
• Original MTech Degree Certificate [ Q.24.1 ]
• Also enclosed the original letter issued by the Institute in 20th Feb’01, to correct the spelling-mistake in my Name as written on the MTech Degree certificate(corrected from “XyZâ€

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:21 am

SSVgopal,

Where and how did you get the copy of personal details page of your Passport Notarised ?

regards,

push_hsmp

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:37 am

Hi push_hsmp,

Regarding Notarised copy of personal details page of Passport [ Q.54 ],
I took a copy of the passport(relevant pages) and got it notarised by a Registered Notary. This is a standard way of validating copies.

Typically, any Notary would oblige you on this.

Regards,
Sai

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:04 pm

Dear chanduambience,

How did you come to know about the rejection? Did you receive the documents through courier? Or there was some message on the VFS website (status) ?

Has BHC indicated that you are eligible for a review application?

regards,

push_hsmp
chanduambience wrote:Hi Guys

From my side

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:00 am

Hi chanduambience,

The reasons given for your EC rejections are not substantial. This is really awful man! How is one supposed to know whether the company there has sufficient funds or not. Huh! I think you can apply for a review or something...

Regards
Achtung

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:01 am

@ssvgopal

Thanks a ton Sir!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:48 am

I agree with Achtung.

Even I got the clearance today and I had a very recent & large transaction (that is the only money that I have shown for supporting myself, in addition to the Job offer).

I think, if you provide the supporting dox as indicated by me in the last post, you stand good chances of getting an approval. ( I was little sceptical earlier as I had not got the approval letter then)

regards,

push_hsmp
Achtung wrote:Hi chanduambience,

The reasons given for your EC rejections are not substantial. This is really awful man! How is one supposed to know whether the company there has sufficient funds or not. Huh! I think you can apply for a review or something...

Regards
Achtung

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:04 am

Congrats push_hsmp!

Thats real good news...

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:13 am

Thats great news,push_hsmp.

Congrats and all the best.

Hope u hang in for some more time in this forum to resolve our queries.. :lol:

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:24 pm

Based on chanduambience's case...I am a bit worried. So you like to hear from you guys...

Is it better to get a letter from your sponsor aiding your financial status when in UK...
And also a letter of accommodation from the sponsor.

And also if we have a job offer we attach that as well.

Please comment on this.

gsurendra

Post by gsurendra » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:40 pm

Hello Everybody,

I have just got my HSMP Approval. Now I am collecting the details for EC for which I have some doubts and will appreciate some feedback

a) Should we submit all Original documents as we did for HSMP?

b) Somebody mentioned in the forum that Experience Letter of Current Company is reqd. How is it possible to get it unless the applicant resigns from the current company?

c) IT Return - can we submit Form 16 issued by the employer instead.

d) Are Marriage Photographs absolutely reqd or Marriage Certificate will do?

e) What documents are reqd for Dependents (spouse and child)?

f) I have an overdraft from HDFC Bank for Rs 500000. Will it be considered as financial support when in UK?

g) I have International Credit Card with Limit upto Rs 2 lakhs. Will it be considered as financial support when in UK?

h) What is HSMP points Pro Forma?

i) What is UK Visa Screening Program Form – HSMP

vikasag
Newly Registered

Post by vikasag » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:34 pm

Can someone please give thoughts to following queries -

Does the balance in the employee provident fund account equal weitage as cash in hand ?

When we separate from the company we get some funds like Superannuation + Gratuity + leave encashment etc. Can we show this as a source of fund in our EC application ?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:19 am

See cash in hand(bank Balance) is the most liquid form of assets that you can have. But given the fact that you can withdraw your PF/Superannuation/gratuity etc. you can show these as sources of funds. I infact included the advance deposit that I have given to my landlord !!

But more liquid the asset the better it is.

regards,

push_hsmp
vikasag wrote:Can someone please give thoughts to following queries -

Does the balance in the employee provident fund account equal weitage as cash in hand ?

When we separate from the company we get some funds like Superannuation + Gratuity + leave encashment etc. Can we show this as a source of fund in our EC application ?

antony

Post by antony » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:31 pm

Hi Surendra,

Please find the replies inline...

a) Should we submit all Original documents as we did for HSMP?
-- Yes you should submit all the documents that you supplied for initial HSMP process.

b) Somebody mentioned in the forum that Experience Letter of Current Company is reqd. How is it possible to get it unless the applicant resigns from the current company?
-- If you have resigned from the company => then keep experience letter that is well and good..
-- Else keep the latest salary revision letter from the current employer. (If you do not have the salary revision letter then keep the Offer letter that was given from the company)

c) IT Return - can we submit Form 16 issued by the employer instead.
-- If you have IT returns form that is well and good.
-- You need to keep 3 IT returns form.
-- Else keep your FORM 16 provided by the employer.

d) Are Marriage Photographs absolutely reqd or Marriage Certificate will do?
-- If you are applying EC for your family (includes your spouse and kid) then you need to keep the Marriage Certificate and few copies of photographs. Check with the local VFS office folks.

e) What documents are reqd for Dependents (spouse and child)?
-- These are a few cents ...
1) main applicant passport
2) marriage certificate
3) wife passport
4) financial status - 6 months
5) kid passport
6) kid birth certificate
7) application - 2 numbers (1 for spouse ; 1 for kid)
8) 18000/- per applicant
9) Spouse degree certificates (if you keep that is a added advantage)

f) I have an overdraft from HDFC Bank for Rs 500000. Will it be considered as financial support when in UK?
-- Not sure about that.
-- But always keep some liquid funds in the bank account before applying for EC (when in India).
-- This is to safeguard the EC process. Few cases are there where funds are flown in bulk (say 5 lakhs or so ...) so give some time frame for depositing the funds and then get a bank statement.

g) I have International Credit Card with Limit upto Rs 2 lakhs. Will it be considered as financial support when in UK?
-- Not sure if we can use credit card.
-- I even hold 2 Gold cards with credit of 5 lakhs.

h) What is HSMP points Pro Forma?
-- This is a document that has to be filled when submitting the documents for EC.
-- You can download this in the ukvisas.gov.uk or HO website. Dont know the website. Please check.

i) What is UK Visa Screening Program Form – HSMP
-- This is the Integra screening program. (3rd party verification for the degree certificates / documents / passport etc...)

Hope this information helps to some extent....

Time for me to go to bed...

Best of Luck!

Antony