ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR / FLR for dependent ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bonga

ILR / FLR for dependent ?

Post by bonga » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:01 pm

HI
I have just received ILR (10 yrs long resident). Can my wife directly applied for ILR as she was here with me as a dependent last 8 years.
Or
Shall I now apply for FLR(M) ver. 12/2013 for my wife for her extension for settlement as dependent?

Is there any updates or new form please advice.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR / FLR for dependent ?

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:19 am

bonga wrote:HI
I have just received ILR (10 yrs long resident). Can my wife directly applied for ILR as she was here with me as a dependent last 8 years.
Or
Shall I now apply for FLR(M) ver. 12/2013 for my wife for her extension for settlement as dependent?

Thanks
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bonga

Post by bonga » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:54 pm

Amber_ wrote:
bonga wrote:HI
Or

Thanks
Hi Amber thanks, for respond..received your blank reply ...is anything could any one share please then let me know,...not expecting professional advice

Regards

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:02 pm

The answer was in Amber's reply, please look again
Attachments
Reply.png
Reply.png (15.52 KiB) Viewed 1040 times

bonga

Post by bonga » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:19 pm

lynxukauq wrote:The answer was in Amber's reply, please look again

Got it now, if I understood Apply for her FLR(M) 12/2003 version. Thanks lynxukauq for highlighting. Just to add a question is that
as for the English requirement of A1 for FLR(M), instead if she will do B1 then does it will be accepted?

Thnaks

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Stick to A1 , see Appendix O

bonga

Re: SET / FLR for dependent ?

Post by bonga » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:51 pm

lynxukauq wrote:Stick to A1 , see Appendix O
Thanks a lot really appreciated,

from the Set(m) guide I have found the flowing information
If you were not last granted limited leave to enter or remain or remain as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK under paragraph 281, 284, 295A or 295D, you must not use this form. The correct form to apply for further leave to remain on as a partner of a person present and settled is form FlR(M).

Question is where I can find this Paragraph to know the category?

and as my son born in Uk before my settlement, and now 6 years old leaving with me, shall I able to directly register with MN1 or have to include with my spouse FLR(m). Even If I can use MN1 fro my son then do I need to mention it my spouse FLR(m) as a depend under 18 and the relevant financial requirement of applicant and 1 dependent. I am not sure shall I make it clear to you or not.

Regards
Last edited by bonga on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:00 am

You need to apply for FLR (M) first immediately follow with SET (M) application

You can apply for MN1 for your son since you are settled now.

See Dependant of ILR (long residence) applicant on PBS leave &
Q1. - FAQs - Common Questions

bonga

Post by bonga » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:08 pm

lynxukauq wrote:You need to apply for FLR (M) first immediately follow with SET (M) application

You can apply for MN1 for your son since you are settled now.

See Dependant of ILR (long residence) applicant on PBS leave &
Q1. - FAQs - Common Questions

Thanks and appreciated for you very helpful suggestions.
However my spouse will appear A1 exam 2morw , and I am trying to do her FLR(m) by premium service, in that case usually the A1 certificate will take 7-14 days to arrive but I have found very recent date in next week for premium service, I would like to know that in any chance she can try with the result from the exam centre on that day given to her in the face to face interview or I need the certificate in hand please share your ideas that will help..and will book the appointment accordingly.

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:55 am

Hi ,
I would suggest not to rush abt ur wife visa,
Make sure u get all paperwork sorted before u apply, as one wrong step could lead to big mess ( waste of time money and stress)
Also check with exam centre
Usually they could let u collect certificate in person , which is quicker then waiting it to get it post to u
Best wishes

bonga

Post by bonga » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:50 pm

RANA-ALI wrote:Hi ,
Make sure u get all paperwork sorted before u apply, as one wrong step could lead to big mess ( waste of time money and stress)
Also check with exam centre
Usually they could let u collect certificate in person , which is quicker then waiting it to get it post to u
Best wishes
thanks Cheers

bonga

Post by bonga » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:13 am

bonga wrote:
RANA-ALI wrote:Hi ,
s
thanks Cheers

is any idea how long now a days taking FLM(m) by postal application, any body have recently applied and received and would like to share.

My spouse have just pass A1 and ready to apply, From FLR(m) guide "You need to meet the financial requirement if you made your first application to enter or remain here as a partner after 9th July 20 as 12" and from the FLR(m) Form Sec 7 says "If you were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner following an application made before the 9th July 2012 you are not required to complete section 7A, Proceed to 7B MAINTENANCE."
Is it ok for her to only provide information regarding 7B as he has been applied several time under the dependent of mine as partner since 2005 but this is only first time FLR(m) under me as settled person.

Appreciated for the sharing if any one have any ideas .

Thanks

msvayani

Post by msvayani » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:12 pm

see this link. Might be relevant in your case

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 11220.html

bonga

Post by bonga » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:19 pm

msvayani wrote:see this link. Might be relevant in your case

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 11220.html

Thanks msvayani ..for sharing link and I have knew few more idea now from the discussion..however reference to the previous topic ..directly to apply to SET(m) from the Tire4 student PBS..I couldn't find any direct rules and also previous discussed topic the seniors suggested to apply FLR(m) and then SET(m)..it is also highly close to relate to how the spouse get the previous live to remain as dependent or partner ..some visa spouse may came or extended as partner bt for Tire4 it was as dependent so has to qualify to extension now to become partner of a slatted person through FLR(m).

I understood the dependent or partner issues regarding talk with UKBA person over phone when I have asked question regarding SEC 7 of financial issue "If you were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner following an application made before the 9th July 2012 you are not required to complete section 7A, Proceed to 7B MAINTENANCE." where I asked about my spouse qualified 9th July 2012 ..for 7 A / 7 B..so there she explain as though my spouse been here and applied leave to remain before bt as it was my dependent she will under the 9th July 2012 after rulle (New Rule) wish is 7 A and full fill the Requirement amount, and addition suggest to go FM1.7 guide to go through. So I have clear that there is a difference of dependent or partner , in previous visas.
So my idea is if any one spouses cam and extension as a partner not as dependent may could straight way to apply SET(m)

If any one having child also born in uk could apply for MN1 to register as slatted child , spouse apply FLR(m) on his/ her own so for 7.2 q in FLR(m) "- Children who are British Citizens or not subject to UK immigration control do not need to be considered when
calculating the financial requirement" rule would apply suggested by the UKBA over phone conversation.
Please share any ideas may conflict with your knowledge ..one thing whatever form will apply to you it be suggested that you would have know under which written rule support it so in case of face to face appointment you can argue in case situation go against you to support.. and specially for postal it is more important to not to loss of money and time.
Thnaks

bonga

Post by bonga » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:31 pm

FLR(m) financial requirement details FM 1.7
Link
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... I6.doc.pdf

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:44 am

bonga wrote:I am would like to apply MN1 for my 6 yr son born in UK as a settled person, but my wife is not yet been settled.
In the form 1st Q 1.1 indicate the section of British nationality Act 1981 under which you would like to apply?
is the answer will be Section 1(3)

if anyone knows let me know......
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bonga

Post by bonga » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:49 am

vinny wrote:
I am would like to apply MN1 for my 6 yr son born in UK as a settled person, but my wife is not yet been settled.
In the form 1st Q 1.1 indicate the section of British nationality Act 1981 under which you would like to apply?
is the answer will be Section 1(3)

if anyone knows let me know......
Yes.
Really appreciated for your quick reply ,.,,,

bonga

Post by bonga » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi
I have Just received my ILR,and working 16 hour contract/PW. as previous Tire4 visa I have only claimed 25% council tax. we havn't claim any benefit before for the restriction apply. I will apply for my son MN1 to register for citizen as he born and live UK. My wife will apply FLR(m) and then later Set(M) for the settlement. She is Pregnant and will go for her maternity(Full time Working) leave next month for another baby.

I would like to apply for Housing Benefit , Child benefit for my son( 6Yr) on my name and Tax credit (Joint). is it will any effect on her future application as she is not/will not subject to Public fund until her ILR.

And shall I claim child benefit now or need to wait for my son to be register and get the British passport.

please share any ideas would help

Regards.