ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khani

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by khani » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:07 pm

esmsi wrote:My friend received BRP on Friday who apolied on first week of week of October.Also he was resfused for dictionary leave a leave . While on appeal, he appled for ilt.

Cant get, can you please elaborate ?? He applied for discretionary leave before ILR ???

bonga

Re: Dep of ILR (10 years) Direct SET (M) without FLR M

Post by bonga » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:48 pm

msvayani wrote:Following my post yesterday I received lot of PM for full details. So please find full details again for those who are in similar situation.

I hope i have covered all things

MSV
Thanks and really helpful as you have shared your experience ....any one else tried yet or what we book appointment for SET(M)/ FLR(M) and take both form...and the fees regarding to adjust.

So what I understood, Spouse come and join with the partner under PBS dependent will be under the previous rule and will able to qualify as there previous resident duration 2 years or more and able to apply ILR by SET(M) straight a way if they have there B1 and LIUK with them. And so any new rules of Financial specific amount would not be necessary for the FLR(M).

As join before 2012 yo have mentioned
" ii) She doesn't need to spend any extra time because she had already completed her 2 years qualifying period under transitional provision. "

what is the " transitional provision. " is it the qualifying period for the ILR for spouse ?

Please share if I understood anything wrong or anything need to be added to be consider

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi
So it's clear that those spouse whose joined partner before 2012 can get direct ILR without go for Flr m but can any one explain this will also for dependent of student lived here all 10 years as student and have got ILR on long residence as One solicitor told me its only for tier 1 and 2 category time spend on student does not count towards settlement .and had advice me to apply flr m form for my wife whose has joined me in 2007 and still on student dependent visa. And has not got decision yet so can I vary her application with ILR application now

shahjee1234

Re: Dep of ILR (10 years) Direct SET (M) without FLR M

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:28 pm

msvayani wrote:Following my post yesterday I received lot of PM for full details. So please find full details again for those who are in similar situation.

1. Came to UK in 2003 as student (then IGS, PSW and lastly Tier 1 Gen - Visa till 2016)
2. Married in 2008 in Pakistan
3. Wife joined me in 2009 as dependent of Point Based System - Post Study Work Visa.
4. In 2010 We were granted Tier 1 General - initial application for whole family
5. In 2013 further extension for 3 years on Tier 1 Gen - Visa Valid till 2016 for whole family.
6. In Feb 2014 I was granted ILR on the basis of 10 years lawful residency

Now because the of the following facts:
a) wife joined me as PBS - PSW dependent
b) She joined me before 9th July 2012

It was clear that:
i) She is eligible for ILR.
ii) She doesn't need to spend any extra time because she had already completed her 2 years qualifying period under transitional provision.

But whether direct on SET (M) or first FLR (M) and the SET (M).

Most of the people will go for FLR (M) and then SET (M). But I read few success stories on this forum where people successfully applied for ILR directly with the advice of either:
1) Senior members on this forum
2) Caseworker himself/herself asked to do so.

I personally prepared my case in the light of following post dated back in March 2013

"An Update on 10 Yr LR Spouse
Postby Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:37 pm

New Update for spouses of 10 Yr LR ILR Applicants.

One of my best friend happen to attend the PEO appointment yesterday at Croydon and has been informed that if the spouse has enough leave to remain after the main applicant got his ILR issued then the Spouse of such applicant need not switch to FLR(M) before applying for SET(M) (As believed earlier) and can rather make SET(M) application directly.

The unfortunate thing is this is just a word of mouth and nothing has been given on paper.

So my advise is for all those who are in similar situation to take both SET(M) & FLR(M) applications along with you and hand in the SET(M) instead. Having said this, you need to have some courage to explain this to the so called qualified CSA/Supervisors to get over the unnecessary FLR(M) saving around £561 or in the worst case £861.

I know some members like Mr Khall may feel like they've been deceived when asked to pay a huge amount of £861. My request for such members is to fight back and see if you can get your money back as you've got nothing to lose.

Tip of the trick is to hand in SET(M) application."

and been successful Alhamdulillah yesterday. After giving my all paperwork at counter, I did try to explain the lady that I had got other forms (SET - O and FLR - M) ready as well as I was not 100% sure if SET M is right form (Didn't say that not sure if she qualify for ILR or Not otherwise it would have made things difficult for us). She said caseworker would let us know if any thing wrong.

We submitted our case at 8 am and at 9 am (after 10 of BIO Metric) our number was called on counter. It was so quick that I thought she would say that
i) She needed to apply on FLR (M) first (so an other £900+ fee)

But no
She said I had approved your wife application (approval letter given) and she would receive her BRP in post.

She didn't ask any question and I didn't have to explain any rule.

I hope i have covered all things

MSV
Hello MSV,
Many congrats for you and your wife's ILR. Would you kindly let us know what documents did you provided ?
Many thanks
Shah
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:07 pm

Hi
So it's clear that those spouse whose joined partner before 2012 can get direct ILR without go for Flr m but can any one explain this will also for dependent of student lived here all 10 years as student and have got ILR on long residence as One solicitor told me its only for tier 1 and 2 category time spend on student does not count towards settlement .and had advice me to apply flr m form for my wife whose has joined me in 2007 and still on student dependent visa. And has not got decision yet so can I vary her application with ILR application now

noluck
Newly Registered

10 years long residence applications

Post by noluck » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi Guys,

Just would like to share with you that I got my ILR confirmation letter,

My timeline follow as;
Application made 13 November 2013
Bio Done 03 Jan 14
Approval date 05 March 14 (under 4 months)

Student visa+Spouse Visa+Turkish ECAA

I were married to Lithuanian citizen and I did not provide anything that my ex wife was exercising treaty rights.

I hope all you get your ILR as quickly as possible.

Regards and thanks everyone who contributes

maria20110

Post by maria20110 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:09 pm

Thankgod! Thats a great news that somebody else got the approval letter this week! I have submitted my docs on 2nd DEc 2013 but my biomentrics was done by 3rd January 2014. Same as you, so i am hoping to hear from ukba soon too!!

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:19 pm

noluck wrote:Hi Guys,

My timeline follow as;
Bio Done 03 Jan 14

I were married to Lithuanian citizen and I did not provide anything that my ex wife was exercising treaty rights.

how LUCKY ... mr Noluck... :) best wishes for the future :)

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:49 pm

noluck wrote:Hi Guys,

My timeline follow as;
Bio Done 03 Jan 14

Good man......Enjoy your freedom....
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:52 pm

maria20110 wrote:Thankgod! Thats a great news that somebody else got the approval letter this week! I have submitted my docs on 2nd DEc 2013 but my biomentrics was done by 3rd January 2014. Same as you, so i am hoping to hear from ukba soon too!!
I hope u will get it in next 2 weeks ....every one applied in DEC got there BIO in JAN..according to Skydrive data....

tier210

Post by tier210 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:04 pm

Hello
Firstly thanks to msvayani for sharing his experience in detail.
What a coincidence, as I applied my spouse’s SET (M) on same day i.e. 8/3/14 at 0920 at Sheffield PEO as well and also got approval.
Was planning to share my experience but msvayani has explained it all from case worker interfacing viewpoint. I had a similar experience except I only handed SET(M) and didn’t declare anything regarding FLR(M) or SET(O) though did take completed FLR(M) application with me for worst case. When using UKBA’s website for form selection it recommended SET (M) to me.
The only slight difference between my and msvayani‘s case was his Tier 1 and my Tier 2 category. My spouse was Tier 2 dependent and came to UK in 2010. My ILR was approved on Long Residence basis in Feb’14 as well while my spouse had visa until Nov’15.
I would add to recommendation that everyone (living in vicinity) to use Sheffield PEO for their applications, if you have a straight forward case. This was my second visit to them and I’ve found the case workers there helpful, friendly and professional in their approach both times.
Finally Good Luck to everyone as luck does matter.

msvayani

Post by msvayani » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Well first cong for Tier210 for success. My appointment was at 8 and by 9 i was out with approval so probablly didn't see you there.
Same 2nd expriece for me as well and very very help they are

MSV

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:51 pm

[quote="noluck"]Hi Guys,

My timeline follow as;
Bio Done 03 Jan 14

Regards and thanks everyone who contributes[/q
uote]
Hi there
Congratulations. I applied on 20th November and bio done same as you. Just been to home office and advisor told mr my case is under consideration. I will get insha Allah positive response this week finger crossed. Such a stressful time I am having. I can't get my head round.
Raaz

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:53 pm

My prayers are for those who are waiting like me.
And congratulations to those who got ILR. Enjoy your freedom
Raaz

Perdesi007

Post by Perdesi007 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:23 pm

Hello All,

My timelines are:

Application sent on 12.02.2014
Acknowledgment Letter received on 14.02.2014
Biomatrics letter received on 17.02.2014
Biomatrics done on 18.02.2014

Now waiting to hear from HO.

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:56 pm

masud0174 wrote::x
I have not received my BRP Yet !
Home Office said follow the steps according to your letter. Day before yesterday, i have spoken with HO, they said it has not been sent out yet ! Solicitor said Wait ! Sometimes it takes longer ! Already 9 working days has passed !

No Idea what should i do :x :x :x :x
Alhamdulillah ! I have received My ILR today.
Approval Letter Issued: 17/02/2014
BRP Issued : 26/02/2014
Solicitors received BRP: 07/03/2014
I have Received BRP from Solicitor: 10/03/2014
FLR M OR FLR O

bonga

Post by bonga » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:41 pm

I have submitted
13 Nov 2013
Bio by 1st week of Jan 2014
Aporved 26 bFeb 2014

And received doc and BRP by 1 week March 2014

By the way have read the previous recent Long resident applicant dependent case of getting ILR directly by SET(m) but both of their spouse were Tire1 and Tire 2 dependent and some of us also would like to requested to know is it is it applicable for same as Tire 4 student dependent as well ..as the 1st para of Set(m) "If your last grant of leave was not issued under Paragraph 281, 284, 295A or 295D under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules you MUST NOT apply using this form" other than spouse of slatted person could apply and regardless Tire 1/2/4 is all dependent treat as PBS or not? I have download the Immigration rule and read Part 8 but unfamiliarity not clearly understood...:(

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:39 pm

hi
any senior member can plz through light on this that those getting ILR directly by SET(m) to skip FLR M but both of their spouse were Tire1 and Tire 2 dependent
but i would like to request is it also applicable for dependent of all of those student or PBS Tire 4 student dependent whose got ILR on Long residence while they were student.

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:07 am

Update Timeline

Application submitted : 10/10/2013
Bio Registration: 25/11/2013
Application Approved: 17/02/2014
Bio Issue Date: 26/02/2014

Pls update on skydrive
FLR M OR FLR O

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:58 am

hi All,

i have this bizarre situation here :

me and my wife have originally applied on Tier 1 (GEN) Extention, which was refused and pending hearing in Aug'14. HO kept all our oriignal document at that time subsequently I have withdraw application and at the same time applied for ILR on LR route. and submitted my wife's FLR(M) with covering letter suggesting all the original with HO (including passport/bio matric, Original Marriage Certificate).

however got a letter from HO today requestign further documents as listed below.

1. Marriage certificate (original)
2. Documentary evidence of owndership of home or tenancy agreement AND a letter from the landlort/local authority confirming who residing there.
but agreement is only in my name - my wife's name is not included anywhere and council or estate agent refuses to confirm and put my wife's name on it.

3. further documentary evidence to show that you hvae been cohabitting with your partner in last 2 years.
all the bills come in my name, only the bank account copies which i have already submitted - how can i get further evidence.

not sure what else i can do?

bonga

Post by bonga » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi
reference to the previous topic ..directly to apply to SET(m) from the Tire4 student PBS..I couldn't find any direct rules and aslo previous discussed topic the seniors suggested to apply FLR(m) and then SET(m)..it is also highly close to relate to how the spouse get the previous live to remain as dependent or partner ..some visa spouse may came or extended as partner bt for Tire4 it was as dependent so has to qualify to extension now to become partner of a slatted person through FLR(m).

I understood the dependent or partner issues regarding talk with UKBA person over phone when I have asked question regarding SEC 7 of financial issue "If you were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner following an application made before the 9th July 2012 you are not required to complete section 7A, Proceed to 7B MAINTENANCE." where I asked about my spouse qualified 9th July 2012 ..for 7 A / 7 B..so there she explain as though my spouse been here and applied leave to remain before bt as it was my dependent she will under the 9th July 2012 after rulle (New Rule) wish is 7 A and full fill the Requirement amount, and addition suggest to go FM1.7 guide to go through. So I have clear that there is a difference of dependent or partner , in previous visas.
So my idea is if any one spouses cam and extension as a partner not as dependent may could straight way to apply SET(m)

If any one having child also born in uk could apply for MN1 to register as slatted child , spouse apply FLR(m) on his/ her own so for 7.2 q in FLR(m) "- Children who are British Citizens or not subject to UK immigration control do not need to be considered when
calculating the financial requirement" rule would apply suggested by the UKBA over phone conversation.
Please share any ideas may conflict with your knowledge ..one thing whatever form will apply to you it be suggested that you would have know under which written rule support it so in case of face to face appointment you can argue in case situation go against you to support.. and specially for postal it is more important to not to loss of money and time.
Thnaks

Amina11
Newly Registered

Post by Amina11 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:39 pm

hi,
I got ILR based on long residence. I am applying for my husband at PEO. I just want to know that can I go along with my husband at PEO. As when I am trying to book his appointment the ukba website does not allow me to book myself.
unless I will pay the fee as the dependant.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

LetsGetPR
Newly Registered

Post by LetsGetPR » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:45 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:hi All,

i have this bizarre situation here :

me and my wife have originally applied on Tier 1 (GEN) Extention, which was refused and pending hearing in Aug'14. HO kept all our oriignal document at that time subsequently I have withdraw application and at the same time applied for ILR on LR route. and submitted my wife's FLR(M) with covering letter suggesting all the original with HO (including passport/bio matric, Original Marriage Certificate).

however got a letter from HO today requestign further documents as listed below.

1. Marriage certificate (original)
2. Documentary evidence of owndership of home or tenancy agreement AND a letter from the landlort/local authority confirming who residing there.
but agreement is only in my name - my wife's name is not included anywhere and council or estate agent refuses to confirm and put my wife's name on it.

3. further documentary evidence to show that you hvae been cohabitting with your partner in last 2 years.
all the bills come in my name, only the bank account copies which i have already submitted - how can i get further evidence.

not sure what else i can do?
HI Hardik,

Sorry to hear this.

Does HO asked all these for your ILR application or your wife's FLR(M) application ?

Thanks

bilal123
Newly Registered

Post by bilal123 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi , my name is Sheraz and I been a silent reader as well , applied on 15 Nov and received my documents back today including all passports , , and on letter from home office it says your brop is on the way . On the first 2 pages doesn't say any thing but on third page it says ilr approved , still not 100 per cent sure but inshAllah will be better ,

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:37 pm

bilal123 wrote:Hi , my name is Sheraz and I been a silent reader as well , applied on 15 Nov and received my documents back today including all passports , , and on letter from home office it says your brop is on the way . On the first 2 pages doesn't say any thing but on third page it says ilr approved , still not 100 per cent sure but inshAllah will be better ,
Congrats and enjoy ur freedom Sheraz........Hope u will get ur BRP soon....Plz update ur full Time line .......