ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- New English Language Requirement for Dependants OCT2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrsept2014
Newly Registered

Re: ILR- New English Language Requirement for Dependants OCT

Post by ilrsept2014 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:48 am

Hi, I am also in the same boat. My wife's degree is recognised in the pbs calculator and she gets the 35 points for degree and 10 points for the degree taught in english. The thing I need clarification on is if I can take the print out and use it as evidence?
Can someone advice please?

ilrsept2014
Newly Registered

Post by ilrsept2014 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:29 pm

Ok Guys, i have got my answer and thought of sharing. Here is the excerpt from UKBA (now gov.uk) site
Degrees taught or researched in English
You’ll need to prove your degree was both:

taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK
You’ll need to provide your original degree certificate and 1 of the following:

• a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
    an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
    an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (excepting Canada)

Therefore if your spouse has a degree which is on ukba calculator, you only need a printout of the calculator showing points awarded plus the original degree certificate. That's it, you are done.
Here is the url for more info.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language

ilrindian
Newly Registered

Post by ilrindian » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:18 pm

In the PBS calculator, there is no option to select "PBS Dependents" or for that matter any dependents in the visa application type?!?!?

ilrsept2014
Newly Registered

Post by ilrsept2014 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Just select as Tier1 applicant and fill out her degree details. That's it!