ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport renewal.

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vkjainuk

Re: Indian passport renewal.

Post by vkjainuk » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:37 am

Called on the number given, but the person said that this is not postal dept and gave other number. When I called the aother number, it was within one of the counters (as I can hear it ringing)

I have taken token for counter 7 for enquiry....

do you suggest anything else.

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:19 pm

That was indeed the mail section (postal department) as i had talked to them couple of times.

All you can now do is try counter 7 and tell them you are not leaving unless you get the passport.

AKSrini
Newly Registered

Post by AKSrini » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:16 pm

Hello guys

I understand you are talking about HCI London. Any information on CGI Birmingham. I submitted my passport for renewal on Jan 17, 2014 at Birmingham. Still haven't received the passport. I tried calling the consulate numerous times with no luck. Also I sent several queries using their Contact form (including the Complaint to Consular) , nothing worked. Any idea how to reach out to them on the status of my passport. Any email ids or telephone numbers. Any information is much appreciated

I have a business trip scheduled fornext month and should go for the Visa stamping ASAP.

Thanks!

Lalji612
Newly Registered

Post by Lalji612 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Can anyone help me with a simple query? I don't have a visa endorsed in my passport. Instead, I have a biometric residence permit(BRP). Do I have to submit the original BRP along with my Passport re-issue application or only a photocopy is required?

Thanks.

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:00 pm

Lalji612 wrote:Can anyone help me with a simple query? I don't have a visa endorsed in my passport. Instead, I have a biometric residence permit(BRP). Do I have to submit the original BRP along with my Passport re-issue application or only a photocopy is required?

Thanks.
I too had the BRP card. I took the BRP with me and submitted photocopies of it. they would want to see the original. You dont need to submit it. You can keep it.

Lalji612
Newly Registered

Post by Lalji612 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Thanks a lot!

Lalji612
Newly Registered

Post by Lalji612 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:04 pm

rihan007 wrote:
Lalji612 wrote:Can anyone help me with a simple query? I don't have a visa endorsed in my passport. Instead, I have a biometric residence permit(BRP). Do I have to submit the original BRP along with my Passport re-issue application or only a photocopy is required?

Thanks.
I too had the BRP card. I took the BRP with me and submitted photocopies of it. they would want to see the original. You dont need to submit it. You can keep it.

Thanks a lot!

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:48 pm

vkjainuk wrote:Called on the number given, but the person said that this is not postal dept and gave other number. When I called the aother number, it was within one of the counters (as I can hear it ringing)

I have taken token for counter 7 for enquiry....

do you suggest anything else.
Did you get your passport back pls? Will be great if you could update as I am in the same situation.
Regards,
crowbar6

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:18 pm

I have coolected the Passport on Monday evening in person.

I went there in morning, collected token for COunter 7 (enquiry), explained them that I have not received passport in past & it was ready... they asked to come in evening & collect.

When I went there in evening, they again said that you will get in post. Then I told them,that I was asked to come in evening to collect. They then searched for my file & handed the passport to me.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Ok, thanks @vkjainuk. Visited HCI in the morning and went to Counter #7. They initially said that the passport will be sent by post because I had provided the special delivery envelope. However, when I pointed out that the passport was received from India approx. a week ago and had still not been posted, they let me come in the afternoon slot (3.30pm - 4.30pm) and collect in person.

My suggestion to all re-issue applicants is to keep emailing the passport section of HCI London on att.passport@hcilondon.in and ask if the the new passport has been received from India. If so, then go and collect yourself as they seem to be taking 1-2 weeks to post from HCI which can put people with urgent travel plans in a spot as was my case.
Regards,
crowbar6

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:09 pm

In my case they had been so ignorant. they said i would get in 2 weeks in post,. I waited for three weeks. Then contacted them, they said they will post. I wasgetting inpatient. I went there to collect in the evening. They said it is with postal department and they will post it. I waited again. Still no post. Called postal department, they said they dont have it iwth them. and that its with passport section. Back and forth..

I then sent email to the following list every 3-4 hours, till they obliged to give me my passport in person. They asked me to collect it.

<info.london@hcilondon.in>; Attache Passport; ss.oci@hcilondon.in; consular.wing@hcilondon.in; ss.pni@hcilondon.in; att.com@hcilondon.in; education.wing@hcilondon.in; administration@hcilondon.in; fs.cons@hcilondon.in; fs.pnm@hcilondon.in; fs.visa@hcilondon.in

jasatwal
Newly Registered

Post by jasatwal » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Hi can anyone clarify: My wife applied for her new Indian Passport as the old one has expired. The recent and the old passport with indefinite leave to remain had been posted in which HCI London received on 18/02/2014.
Today I get email of them stating that the application was received and acknowledged on 7/3/14.
Postal applications are required to enquire after 8 weeks from the application acknowledgment / registration date.
Due to some recent developments new full validity passports in respect of the applications received at HCI London are now printed in India.

Please can some one tell me if they have been in the same situation and when did they apply and get they passports back as I would like to know the time frame as we are travelling in the end of May.

Please any advice will be helpful.

Thanks

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:21 pm

You should be able to travel by end of May

After 8 weeks , keep chasing them through email . If you get really close to the travelling date you can go to passport section in person to collect it

jasatwal
Newly Registered

Post by jasatwal » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Thanks for reply Rihaan007 just a bit worried.

malsukdest
Newly Registered

Post by malsukdest » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:13 pm

I have applied on 30 jan and still waiting for passport. I am due to apply fir ILR and postponed appointment twice. Is it wirth going by person n enquire. Whenever i email them i get same reply saying its nit ready yet. Totally impatient as next appointment is on April 2nd.

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:40 am

malsukdest wrote:I have applied on 30 jan and still waiting for passport. I am due to apply fir ILR and postponed appointment twice. Is it wirth going by person n enquire. Whenever i email them i get same reply saying its nit ready yet. Totally impatient as next appointment is on April 2nd.
Did they ask you to enquire after 5 weeks . What was their response.

Do they tell why it's not ready ?

malsukdest
Newly Registered

Post by malsukdest » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:06 am

They asked me to wait 6-7 weeks. I started sending mails from 6. They said passports are being sent to india n in batches n they cant guarantee time frames etc. i am thinking of going in person but not sure if its worth.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:46 am

malsukdest wrote:I have applied on 30 jan and still waiting for passport. I am due to apply fir ILR and postponed appointment twice. Is it wirth going by person n enquire. Whenever i email them i get same reply saying its nit ready yet. Totally impatient as next appointment is on April 2nd.
Strongly suggest you go there in person and take a copy of your ILR appointment letter / notification to show cause. Go in the mornings and go to counter #7. They should be able to expedite it.
Regards,
crowbar6

malsukdest
Newly Registered

Post by malsukdest » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:11 pm

Thanks. Just postponed appointment again as i have no certainty about passport. Now i need to prepare new documents, new fees for ILR as next available appt is after 6th April. Hmm. Anyways I will go in person n enquire. Thanks a lot for the quick replies.

ggk
Newly Registered

Post by ggk » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:20 pm

AKSrini wrote:Hello guys

I understand you are talking about HCI London. Any information on CGI Birmingham. I submitted my passport for renewal on Jan 17, 2014 at Birmingham. Still haven't received the passport. I tried calling the consulate numerous times with no luck. Also I sent several queries using their Contact form (including the Complaint to Consular) , nothing worked. Any idea how to reach out to them on the status of my passport. Any email ids or telephone numbers. Any information is much appreciated

I have a business trip scheduled fornext month and should go for the Visa stamping ASAP.

Thanks!
------
Hi AK Srini,

I have submitted my daughter's passport for renewal on 18 Feb 2014 at CGI Birmingham,supposed to be ready by 19 Mar,but i haven't received this till now.I have given a special delivery cover,so i was supposed to get this back,in couples of days.Any one applied around same time and got the passport back..I'm staying in Manchester and haven't got time to go there and check this(I have tried calling in the phone numbers but no one picks up)..Any one on same boat?Or have received the passport back who applied around similar time?

Any help appreciated..

Thanks
GGK

summer123
Newly Registered

Re: Indian passport renewal, Birmigham

Post by summer123 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi all,
I really need help here.i applied for passport renewal to Birmingham Consulate and twice it has come back. first they said need 4 photographs and now they are saying need 5. ( I had pasted one on the application form and 3 otherwise). anyway, now the problem is,I am planning to travel to India soon and need passport with me soon. my question is how do i apply for tatkal (same day) passport. I have been trying to get this information on their webiste. also tried calling and e-mailing them. its just so frustrating.
1) does anyone know how much do i have to pay for tatkal (same day) passport ?
2) their website says there's no appointment needed. so can i walk in at 9.30am tomorrow and drop my papers and collect them by evening perhaps?
3) i have a postal order for £52 pounds, can i pay remaining by cash or card?

can someone please help me?