ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kate1986
Newly Registered

marriage

Post by Kate1986 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Hello,

I am a non EU, nor am I a UK nationale, currently living in the UK as a student.
My boyfriend is French, also living and working here, and we are thinking about getting married here in the UK.
Can we get married here in the UK? What will be my status after we are married? will I be able to stay here in the UK and work after my Tier-4 expiers?

I would appreciate any answer or reference to another place where I could find answers to these questions.

Thank you very much!

Kate

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: marriage

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:52 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Kate1986
Newly Registered

Post by Kate1986 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:24 pm

Thank you for that but I could not really find an answer in there.. since non of us is a UK citizen..
As I mentioned, I am non EU/UK, and he has a French passport currently employed here. Can we get married in the UK? Will this marriage be recognized?

Thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Kate1986 wrote:Thank you for that but I could not really find an answer in there.. since non of us is a UK citizen..
As I mentioned, I am non EU/UK, and he has a French passport currently employed here. Can we get married in the UK? Will this marriage be recognized?

Thank you
Yes and yes.

Basically as he is a EU national he's fully entitled to live and work in the UK as if he were a UK citizen himself. Not quite that simple but as far as marriage etc is concerned go ahead...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:36 pm

Yes you can marry in uk for which you and your partner need to give marriage notice at registrar office who work in partnership of UKBA. You should go to your local registrar office in order to inquire the documents need to bring with you for give marriage notice.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Kate1986
Newly Registered

Post by Kate1986 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:36 pm

Thank you very much for the answer!
At the moment I am in the UK on a student visa (until the beginning of 2015), is that somehow a problem? Do we still need a Fiance visa even though we are both here legally? Who Should we turn to in order to go ahead with it?

Kate

Kate1986
Newly Registered

Post by Kate1986 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Thank you Sheraz7 I just saw your answer,
we will do that!

Thank you

Kate