ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 visa early extension for meeting ILR requirements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JJ_User
Newly Registered

Tier1 visa early extension for meeting ILR requirements

Post by JJ_User » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:55 pm

Dear all,
My current tier 1 visa is expiring on 6th Feb 2015, and I need to extend one more time inorder to meet the ILR eligibility of 5 years period stay in UK by the month of Sep 2015 .But since the fee is increasing from 6th April and also for my ILR application criteria I'm thinking to apply early on last of this month March/April 2014, which is almost long before my visa expires.

I am worried about the fact that if I apply for extension very early, then is there any chance to reject by case worker telling its a early application or not. Else if it gets approve, which then my new visa starting from applied date of march/april 2014 to next 2 years ahead same time in 2016, so I would be in a good state to meet all requisites of ILR and make my application on Sep2015.

And I would like to extend my wife dependent visa only just before the actual expiry date as she is away from UK now, so l would also like to know whether it would be a problem for getting her visa extension at that time due to my visa is already extended early before her. Also will that affect the ILR application for my wife later when applied with me. :(

Please give me guidance considering above situation that I've planing to go with or if any links that can be referred. Thanks!

shargaur

Re: Tier1 visa early extension for meeting ILR requirements

Post by shargaur » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:21 pm

1) You can go for ILR just 28 days before your five year period is complete.
2) You can always extend your tier-1 before its expiry.
3) The visa will be issued from the date of approval for 2 years.
4) Your wife has to extend her visa when it expires. you can go for separate application and you can put her application one week before her visa expiry date even if you have already extended your visa.

JJ_User
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 visa early extension for meeting ILR requirements

Post by JJ_User » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks very much for the reply given.