ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Citizenship/Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

z4ydi

Applying for Citizenship/Naturalisation

Post by z4ydi » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi
My wife entered the UK on Spouse visa on 29/April/2011 and after 2 years she obtained her ILR sated 05/05/2013. My questions are:
    • 1. Can she apply for British citizen ship before 29/Aprile/2014 (this is when she completes 3 years of stay)?
      2. She has the Life in the UK certificate - someone told me that she needs entry level 1 ESOL certification too is that correct?
      3. Which form shall she fill in
      4. Can you please post the list of document she will need with the application
      5. Finally is there a post that outlines the entire process of how to make the application and the documents needed?
      Many thanks

CR001
      Mood:
      South Africa

Re: Applying for Citizenship/Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:28 pm

z4ydi wrote:Hi
      My wife entered the UK on Spouse visa on 29/April/2011 and after 2 years she obtained her ILR sated 05/05/2013. My questions are:
        • 1. Can she apply for British citizen ship before 29/Aprile/2014 (this is when she completes 3 years of stay)? She can only apply once she meets the 3 year residence requirement, so only from 29th Aprl 2014 onwards. There is no '28 day' period for naturalisation applications.
          2. She has the Life in the UK certificate - someone told me that she needs entry level 1 ESOL certification too is that correct? She needs English Level B1 test certificate and LIUK
          3. Which form shall she fill in Form AN
          4. Can you please post the list of document she will need with the application Listed in the AN form and guide : Passport (you and spouse), photos, LIUK, English test cert, marriage cert, ILR BRP
          5. Finally is there a post that outlines the entire process of how to make the application and the documents needed? All in the AN form, guidance and booklet. Use NCS at your local council if you want to keep your original documents. http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html

Many thanks
        Char (CR001 not Casa)
        In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
        Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:55 pm

Many thanks for your detailed response.
        My wife only has the Life in the UK Test certificate as B1 was not part of requirement when she applied for ILR in April 2013. Can you please let me know how long does it take to complete the B1 course and get the certificate and where can she do the course/test?
        Thanks

milan69
        Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:35 pm

The test itself takes 10-15 minutes, it costed me 125 pounds and I got my certificate 7 days later by post.
        I am sometimes wrong.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks for your reply but to pass the B1 certificate do you have to attend an English course? if so how long is the course i.e. days or weeks? and where can she do the course?
        Thanks

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:59 pm

The test is very easy z4ydi, if you wife can do the Life in the UK, this one is much less work than that.

English Exam Centres is the institution along with others who provide this qualification.

Go on the website and you will find all the information there.

let me know if you need anything else...

Regards,

Jazz

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:13 pm

Thank you Jazz
        She passed the Life in The UK test first attempt. Is there any material to read or past test papers to practice for this test or do you suggest she should just go to the centre and do the test?

Thanks

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:17 pm

When you book the test online, after that they will send an email full of stuff also the material they are going to be covering.

You will be asked to prepare a 'subject topic' ie, Travel, Holidays.

Then you discuss that subject with the examiner and they mark you on that.

Very easy and straight forward test mate, she will have no problems.

Just book the test for next week.

Regards,

Jazz

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:18 pm

PM me if need more details on this, i can explain the whole process in detail, but its a child's play really.