ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved with this Checklist

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sachin01663

ILR approved with this Checklist

Post by sachin01663 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:13 am

Hello,

I wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help. My ILR was approved last Friday. These are the documents I provided. Thanks again guys.

Application for Settlement - Tier 1 General with one dependent. I have always worked full time permanent employee - so no contracting

a) Passports / BRP cards and Photographs for both
b) One Application Form - SET O
c) 12 Bank Statements - Only main applicant
d) 12 Salary Slips - Only main applicant
e) Life in the UK Test - Both
f) KOL - Print outs from PBS calculator awarding 10 points for English - Both
g) Original Degree Certificates - Both
h) Marriage Certificate
i) Cohabitation docs - Bank Letters, Rent Agreement, Electricity Bills, Water Bill - All addressed to same address with our names
j) Cover letter explaining my holidays - Less than 100 in last 5 years.

What I did NOT provide:

No P60 form
No proof of absence as I have less than 100 absence from UK in five years
No Letter from HMRC

Regards,
Sachin

hsr1972

Re: ILR approved with this Checklist

Post by hsr1972 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi Sachin,

Firstly I would like to say congratulaitons for getting your ILR? I've just quick clarrification with respect to Absence , My absence
period comes 77 days out since last 4 years . As you are saying in your checklist you have provided the covering letter with the explaination of your holidays (absence) .Could you please provide me the format what exactly you need to explain in the covering letter , I understand no need to provide any evidence for those absences as long as you are within 180 days. It would be much appreciated if you can let me know on this.

cheers
-HSR

sachin01663

Post by sachin01663 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi Guys,

My apologies, I did NOT provide any cover letter with this application. Please ignore that from the list where I say cover letter explaining my absence.

I thought of writing one but I did not get time. So no cover letter required for your holidays if less than 180. There is section in SET (0) form where you have to mention all the dates of your absence. That is enough.

@HRS: Hope that answers your question.

shetsa
Newly Registered

Post by shetsa » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi,

I am looking to file ILR via Tier1 (General) this month and really confused about this in SET(O) form

"Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying under Tier 1 (General)"

I was not out of UK for more than 180days in any given 12 months (last 5 years), maximum was 145 days.

Responses from this thread suggests we don't really need to furnish any evidence if its less than 180days, am I missing something well known guys, please help.

sachin01663

Post by sachin01663 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:16 pm

From my experience and what other threads say on this forum, you do not need to provide any proof for absence less than 180 days. I left this section blank in SET (O) form. I did not tick anything in section 6.3 as well.

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi there :

Yes, I agree to the above post, as far as my experience is concerned, I just submitted ILR application 3-4 days ago, and I left this Evidence question unmarked too. But before that there is a table in which u need to explain ur trips outside uk, that is regardless of less than 180 days or more. Just fill that in and that should be ok, well I must say HOPEFULLY, as I just send it.

Good Luck you all guys, and keep updating about ILR Applications timelines.

Cheers
Regards,

Zeeshan

shetsa
Newly Registered

Post by shetsa » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:19 pm

Thank you all for your kind reply.