ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General visitor visa refusal - what to do next?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

binghi
Newly Registered

General visitor visa refusal - what to do next?

Post by binghi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Hello everyone, I'm writing in hope for some help here.
A friend who tried to visit me in the UK applied for General Visitor visa and his application was refused. I'm trying to assist him with an appeal (as his English isn't good enough), but looks like I don't make a great success here too. I've tried to look for Administrative Review request notice suitable for non-Tier visas, but the UKBA web-site has only the form for points-based visas (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... a-decision). Am I missing something? Maybe such types of visa could not receive admin's review at all, and what to do then?

And by the way, what had happened to good old ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk site - did they totally relocate to https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... mmigration now? For me it looks like much more confusing version of a web site...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: General visitor visa refusal - what to do next?

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:09 pm

AIUI is no right of appeal for a General Visit Visa refusal..
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

binghi
Newly Registered

Post by binghi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanks for your reply, but... none at all? Not even judicial review or tribunal appeal? Rights to appeal may be limited, yes, but I supposed that at leat some must remain... Does it mean that visa officers can take any kind of decision without any, even formal, responsibility for it?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:59 pm

The logic is that a visitor visa is £50 or £80 or whatever. An appeal and associated costs - even a review - cost FAR more than that. And you'd be surprised at the number of people who just blindly appeal a completely correct judgement. So just re-apply.

Unless there's some fundamental problem with the application - e.g. he's been accused of fraudulent documents or something - just re-apply with further evidence dealing with the refusal.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:50 pm

General Visitor Visa has no right of appeal !.

So no point in trying to appeal.

Check out why it was refused and provide the necessary documents and reaply
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:17 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.