ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evience of lawful residence and other BC documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bagadbilla
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Evience of lawful residence and other BC documents

Post by bagadbilla » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:02 am

I am applying for naturalisation as a BC in the next 2 days. I just have a quick query as I am collecting all the documents to send by post.

Query:

In section 2.1 I have the date as 14/10/2005 since it is when I came to UK with the intention of settling (came on a work permit initially). I got my ILR on 21/10/2010 (based on 5 years continuous employment/stay). Since I am applying now, my 5 year qualifying period is counted approximately from 10/03/2009.

Now my current passport which has the ILR stamp and all other VISA renewal stamps is valid from 2006 - 2016, but my original VISA stamp of work permit is in my old cancelled passport (the date I mentioned in section 2.1)

Do I also need to send my cancelled passport along with the application or not ?

So far my list of documents attached are:

* Current Passport with ILR stamp and valid from aug-2006 -- aug-2016
* LIUK test original certificate
* UK Masters Degree (evidence of knowledge of English language)
* Payment page with fee of £874
* I was present in the UK all throughout March-2009
* I have 21 days in last 90 days and 196 days in last 5 years as absences

I hope other documents like payslips, P60, bills etc are not needed for the BC application and above should suffice. Just a bit doubtful about sending cancelled passport though (in case needed).

Any help and assurance will be deeply appreciated. Just want to be sure before posting

Kind Regards
Siddharth

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Evience of lawful residence and other BC documents

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:34 am

Not needed.

You don't need to provide proof to date given in 2.1. Just proof that covers last 5 years.

No need for payslips or P60s.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)