ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband's settlement visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

milkyway
Newly Registered

Husband's settlement visa application

Post by milkyway » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:43 pm

Hi everyone, I applied for my husbands settlement visa at the end of April in Pakistan, however, I had trouble locating my National Insurance Number, but we still applied anyway, and faxed the NI number 2 weeks later. On the Visa Drop Box website, the date is now 21st May 2007. Does this mean the visa process started on the 21st of May? So will the 12 weeks waiting time be from 21st May?

I'm also pregnant and living with my ill father and have already sent a fax to the embassy in pakistan explaining how desperately i need my husband here with me to help me through this time. I was wondering, if an additional letter from my GP or midwife would help the process of my husband's settlement visa application.

Thank You to all who help in advance.

milkyway
Newly Registered

Post by milkyway » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:43 pm

GREAT!!! 111 views and no replies.....thanks alot ppl..... :cry:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:37 pm

milkyway wrote:GREAT!!! 111 views and no replies.....thanks alot ppl..... :cry:
112 now.

Perhaps you might consider the possibility that no one knows the answer to your question, and with an attitude like yours consider that any that may do won't bother now.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:22 am

I cannot see what the reason for panicking.
You just have to sit tight and wait. The application was probably referred to the UK for a decision and until the Commission gets a response, visa will not be issued. This is the procedure to follow.

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:19 am

who did you fax the NI number to? the courier service or the embassy
becuase i do know that the date on they tracking service refers to the time application was submitted
regards
cloudy sky

milkyway
Newly Registered

Post by milkyway » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:37 pm

Thanks cloudysky and Jeff. Cloudysky - i think the NI number was faxed to the embassy.

..at to WANDERER - I didnt come onto this site to pick pathetic e-fights with ignorant people like yourself. Maybe it's you with the attitude problem, and if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this forum, then i suggest you get lost and do something that is; because your reply was non-called for, you insignificant speck.

I think it is absolutely disgusting, that people can reply to messages in that way. Is there any way to report these people, its just that you expect pathetic behaviour like that of wanderer in yahoo forums and chatrooms....thanks for lowering the tone of this discussion board, you immature idiot and pathetic timewaster. Go and Take your e-tensions out on forums for idiots, like yahoo or something.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:52 pm

milkyway wrote:Thanks cloudysky and Jeff. Cloudysky - i think the NI number was faxed to the embassy.

..at to WANDERER - I didnt come onto this site to pick pathetic e-fights with ignorant people like yourself. Maybe it's you with the attitude problem, and if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this forum, then i suggest you get lost and do something that is; because your reply was non-called for, you insignificant speck.

I think it is absolutely disgusting, that people can reply to messages in that way. Is there any way to report these people, its just that you expect pathetic behaviour like that of wanderer in yahoo forums and chatrooms....thanks for lowering the tone of this discussion board, you immature idiot.
Ohhh, now I'm really scared. Thanks for your comments, especially the 'insignificant speck' bit.

Tell me, do you think it's fair to berate people for not answering your one post?

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:13 pm

I think it is absolutely disgusting, that people can reply to messages in that way. Is there any way to report these people, its just that you expect pathetic behaviour like that of wanderer in yahoo forums and chatrooms....thanks for lowering the tone of this discussion board, you immature idiot and pathetic timewaster. Go and Take your e-tensions out on forums for idiots, like yahoo or something.
Nice to see that you dignified yourself with a response not befitting of yahoo and other chatrooms! Wonder how the moderators haven't locked you up yet? Now, that is ... (want to guess the word?) :wink:
Jabi

milkyway
Newly Registered

Post by milkyway » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:00 pm

Ohhh, now I'm really scared. Thanks for your comments, especially the 'insignificant speck' bit.

Tell me, do you think it's fair to berate people for not answering your one post?

Tell me wanderer - did I berate YOU in particular?? Did I single you out and point the finger at you? NO, I don't think so, therefore you have NO right to answer to a post in that manner, regardless of what has been written. You stupid person.
How can you even call yourself an adult? (I am referring to the "Ohhh" and "I'm really scared"in your last post - just to point out, my aim wasn't to scare you; you idiot). So what if i replied to my post?...did it affect your pathetic life in anyway? Did it change the outcome of your existence? You are such a stupid stupid person, and I am ending this here. Youre just a waste of time. You can reply to this post if your pathetic fingers wish to type out the random filth churned out by your pea sized brain. You immature and pathetic idiot.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:21 pm

milkyway wrote:Ohhh, now I'm really scared. Thanks for your comments, especially the 'insignificant speck' bit.

Tell me wanderer - did I berate YOU in particular?? Did I single you out and point the finger at you? NO, I don't think so, therefore you have NO right to answer to a post in that manner, regardless of what has been written. You stupid person.
How can you even call yourself an adult? (I am referring to the "Ohhh" and "I'm really scared"in your last post - just to point out, my aim wasn't to scare you; you idiot). So what if i replied to my post?...did it affect your pathetic life in anyway? Did it change the outcome of your existence? You are such a stupid stupid person, and I am ending this here. Youre just a waste of time. You can reply to this post if your pathetic fingers wish to type out the random filth churned out by your pea sized brain. You immature and pathetic idiot.

You had to come back and prove to everyone who really is the immature and pathetic idiot here, din't you?

Wonder why I even bother read your post... you know what they say about you- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with the experience.
Jabi

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:27 pm

LOL - so calling someone an idiot or stupid and pathetic is ok? Or that they have a pea-sized brain? :shock:

Sorry - where's the moderator! I cannot stand such nonsense like this. People really need to calm the hell down!!!

As for your query - I don't know whether or not submitting additional information might just delay the decision. If they have some more details to look at, they might just pull our application out of the queue?

Like Jeff wrote - (whilst they take personal circumstances into consideration) they might not necessarily speed things up for you alone, so you just have to wait. Thus, his application might take the normal waiting time if they don't deem your situation to be very demanding. (e.g. if you were disabled and he needed to care for you, that might be an exceptional circumstance, but pregnancy normally isn't enough to get those people working faster!)
Last edited by sakura on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:56 pm

Like Docterror wrote - whilst they take personal circumstances into consideration, they might not necessarily speed things up for you alone.

...I did? :roll: (why is the rum gone?)
Jabi

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:35 pm

Docterror wrote:
Like Docterror wrote - whilst they take personal circumstances into consideration, they might not necessarily speed things up for you alone.

...I did? :roll: (why is the rum gone?)
LOL my bad - I've corrected this in my original post now. I meant Jeff. Hahah!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:18 am

I'd just like to add my brain isn't pea-sized.

'Ohh, now I'm really scared' was my homage to Will (Hugh Grant) in 'About a Boy' - I loved that line.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:43 am

Wanderer wrote:I'd just like to add my brain isn't pea-sized.
:roll: .... Really?

Does this mean that all the other allegations that you din't negate are true until you say otherwise?
Jabi

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:49 pm

This topic has clearly got steered off-topic ... so now I shall lock it.
John