ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of application (COA)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maral
Newly Registered

Certificate of application (COA)

Post by Maral » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi all,
I submitted an EEA application a while ago, but have not received a COA. What can I do? Is there any number I can contact to request it to be sent to me asap?

Many thanks

dalebutt

Re: Certificate of application (COA)

Post by dalebutt » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:51 pm

How long is a while ago? you can contact them on 0151 672 5626

Maral
Newly Registered

Post by Maral » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:58 pm

Nearly 4 weeks. I only received a letter about the payment. It says if there is a problem with the payment, my application would be considered as invalid and would be returned to me. The payment has been deducted from my account, therefore my application is valid. The letter says I shall not contact them for the progress of my application and it might take 6 months for them to conclude my application.

The letter is not a COA, right, since it does not say anything about my work eligibility pending a decision is made on my application?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:03 pm

It takes a bit of time to receive the COA according to new applicants, there is a thread that discusses EEA2 timeline on the board you might want to check it out to have a grasp. In another 3 weeks or before then, you should receive it, that letter you received is an acknowledgment letter.

Maral
Newly Registered

Post by Maral » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:57 am

Many thanks, dalebutt .

The acknowledgement letter I received is different from COA, right? COA shall state that I am entitled to work pending a decision is made on my application?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:17 am

Yes if you are married and submitted evidence, COA will state your right to work, on the letter it will read Certificate Of Application.

Maral
Newly Registered

Post by Maral » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:12 pm

Thank you.

Does the COA entitle me to be self employed? or it only allows me to accept employment?

I might move house. I used to see a form on the website of the UKBA which I could fill in my new address, but could not find it anymore. It seemed to me that the UKBA has edited their website. Where can I get this form? or I will need to call the inquiry line to update them over the phone?