ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Would my dependent be able to enter UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

k.u.m.a.r
Newly Registered

Would my dependent be able to enter UK

Post by k.u.m.a.r » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi there,

I have got a question. Couple of my friends confused me with their answers so I am here seeking your help.

Few details
My visa status: Tier-1 General (expiring in 2016)
Dependent status: Tier-1 dependent (expiring in 2016)

I am going to be eligible for ILR next month, which is good. But my dependent is outside the country and may not be returning to the UK for next six months. So my question is, if I change to ILR, will my dependent be allowed to enter uk on her dependent visa?

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

-Kumar

dk2011

Re: Would my dependent be able to enter UK

Post by dk2011 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Yes . They will be allowed and continue to be on PBS dependent VISA until they qualify for ILR.

k.u.m.a.r
Newly Registered

Post by k.u.m.a.r » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:29 am

Thanks for your reply dk2011.

One of my friend says that, dependants must change their status to "ILR dependent" even though they are on valid "Tier-1 dependent" status. However this will not be a problem if dependent is in UK and not planning to travel outside and come back. I have looked around and found no rule stating this.

Your answer is bit relieving. May I know if you were in similar situation before or anyone you know were? Just want to make sure everything you said is correct.

cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:23 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.