ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ADVICE NEEDED... TIER 1 Entreprenuer Appeal or FResh Appl???

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AJE
Nigeria

ADVICE NEEDED... TIER 1 Entreprenuer Appeal or FResh Appl???

Post by AJE » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:45 am

HI i have been refused my Tier 1 visa because;

1. I did not submit original copies of CAR report and MSc certificate
2. There was a hitch in my 90 maintenance fund

The thing is while i have all original documents to send, and the hitch in the 90 day fund is because there was an incident with my bank which where excess money was paid out and this money was refunded by the bank but it took 2 weeks and within that period, i did not maintain 900 pounds

IF you were me, would you make a fresh application or would you rather appeal? Noting that since it is such notice, i cannot raise the 50k but i do have 25k so if i have the make a fresh application, it will be as a team

pls @Sukanmi and them other gurus on here. Advice a brother. thanks

rooney0511

Re: ADVICE NEEDED... TIER 1 Entreprenuer Appeal or FResh App

Post by rooney0511 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:46 am

AJE wrote:HI i have been refused my Tier 1 visa because;

The thing is while i have all original documents to send, and the hitch in the 90 day fund is because there was an incident with my bank which where excess money was paid out and this money was refunded by the bank but it took 2 weeks and within that period, i did not maintain 900 pounds

IF you were me, would you make a fresh application or would you rather appeal? Noting that since it is such notice, i cannot raise the 50k but i do have 25k so if i have the make a fresh application, it will be as a team

pls @Sukanmi and them other gurus on here. Advice a brother. thanks
If I were you, I would appeal as you do not know how the new application will shape out with the genuineness and all.

In my opinion I think you are OK on the

1. Degree Certificate ( Previously Granted PSW )
2. CAR report ( Depends on the Judge)
3. Bank Maintenance ( If you could prove Bank Fault, maybe you can get through this )

All in all. My take is to appeal and meanwhile get all the documentation ready for a new application ready.
Keep the Business running and try and show trading.

AJE
Nigeria

Post by AJE » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:26 am

@Rooney0511 thanks for speedy response. the thing is i initially submitted proof of transaction which the bank sent to me. but they refused to give me a letter stating that the money refunded on ...date is the same one that came out of my account on ... date. I submitted this proof of transaction with my initial application but apparently, it was not honored.

On the other hand, if i am to apply again i would have to be a team this time as i can no longer raise 50 k. Do you think that will be a problem?

rooney0511

Post by rooney0511 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:45 am

AJE wrote:@Rooney0511 thanks for speedy response. the thing is i initially submitted proof of transaction which the bank sent to me. but they refused to give me a letter stating that the money refunded on ...date is the same one that came out of my account on ... date. I submitted this proof of transaction with my initial application but apparently, it was not honored.

On the other hand, if i am to apply again i would have to be a team this time as i can no longer raise 50 k. Do you think that will be a problem?

In the cases I have seen, major deviations from the initial application will lead to an Interview.
In your case if you switch to a team, you should be in a position to explain why the change in the situation.
You could explain that its more beneficial for the business and so on, but honestly as it will be your second and final attempt ( NO RIGHT OF APPEAL ) you should try and make it less complicated as much as possible.

Anyway all this is just my opinion, you are best suited to think and make a decision as I do not know all the circumstances.

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:20 am

[quote="AJE"]HI i have been refused my Tier 1 visa because;

Hello AJE,

In your case, The best to reapply ASAP only If you find the partner because firstly bank will not give you that letter secondly how you gonna justify yourself. In this case you are gonna be struggle like others (more than 100 applicants) in this forum.

BEST OF LUCK

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:46 pm

@ AJE, can u explain the circumstances of the excess payment made out of your account as this information will help to give you the best opinion.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

AJE
Nigeria

Post by AJE » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:57 pm

@Olasunkanmi the issue is i was supposed to pay someone some money but instead of sending 20 pounds, i entered 20.00 not knowing that it actually translates to 2000 pounds. I immediately called the banks and the money was witheld and verified and then in two weeks it was refunded to my account via RBS auto refund. They refused to give me a letter referencing both transactions but they did send a proof of transaction (which i submitted with my original application) and in my bank statement, it actually shows sender; RBS autorefund.. I have now found a partner but i dont know if reapplying with a partner is the best option at this point as it might raise eye brows. Advice pls

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:11 am

@ AJE, from what you have stated you can try the appeal and you might be lucky if the judge can accept your explanation for the problem in the maintenance funds which was due to a mistake while using online payment service.

You should put in your appeal while looking for a solution to your funding issue.

I think that your chances of winning the appeal is very high but you did not state if you actually submitted the CAR and original MSc certificate.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

AJE
Nigeria

Post by AJE » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:15 am

@Olasunkanmi No i did not include original MSc, cos in the application it states that including origiinal MSc is not compulsory sice i am from PSW route, and the CAR was not included cos i did not have it at the time, i actually thought that was the MOU and certificate that companies house sent to me. Although i have all requirements now, the only grey area is the maintenance funds. I have found a partner and we have opened another company and are ready to re-apply before my 10 days runs out, what are your thoughts on this?

I have recently lost out on 3 major contracts willing to pay daily rate of 300 quid and i feel appealing is a longer process. what are your thoughts? Also, with a partner the risk of money is reduced since it is borrowed money, chances are the investors will want their money back after a week or two, but with a partner, collectively, we can hold more together.

almagirl
Newly Registered

Post by almagirl » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:25 pm

I dont understand what you mean by you can no longer raise 50k. What happened to the 50k you raised for your initial application. You can show the home office that you have used half of it on the business. I think it will make your case even stronger