ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstay, 28 days, ILR problem?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scrat
Newly Registered

overstay, 28 days, ILR problem?

Post by scrat » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:17 pm

heeyy

I accidentally overstayed in UK by 28 days. i had lost my biometric card and thought my visa would have ran out by the end of the month, which in fact it had already expired by the 1st of that month. so i overstayed without knowing (found out as i landed abroad), i then applied for a visa and returned with a valid leave to remain. (this happened about 6 months ago)

i will complete my 10 years in two months. i have all the documents available and don't have any issue in regards to any other rules, the only issue is the overstay of 28 days. would this be a problem for me to apply for ILR?

i know the rule says, no overstay (leaving without a valid leave to remain), but it also says somewhere else as long as it's been within a period of 28 days its fine??

thaanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: overstay, 28 days, ILR problem?

Post by SSWSZ » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:03 pm

Yes according to new guidance if you apply 28 days after your visa expiry then it will not be a problem but genuine reason is must .so it's better if you explain whole story .
ss

scrat
Newly Registered

Re: overstay, 28 days, ILR problem?

Post by scrat » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:52 pm

tnx SSWZ, I managed to speak to a UKBA advisor for clarification as well. cause the issue is that the law simply says, when leaving without a valid leave, you've broken your continuous and you won't get it. but they do exclude the 28 days or less. so in my case, theoretically speaking it's not a breach of immigration law. the advisor did mention to explain the reason as well.