ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohab proof and form to use

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krssubbu

Cohab proof and form to use

Post by krssubbu » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:57 am

Hi,

my wife and child are on Spouse visa prior to July 2012 rules (old rules). Their visa extension is coming up in July 2014. Can I please ask which form to use (SET (M) or SET (O)) ? She entered UK in June 2012. so I am thinking applying in July 2014

Also I have read about cohab proof in this form but still confused with the number of docs needed ? could someone please clarify this as I will need to start collecting the documents

I will have these docs till July 2014

Council tax - joint - (Sept 2012 - June 2014) - frequency - once or twice a year
Water Bill - Joint (Sept 2012 - June 2014) - frequency - every 3 months
Bank Statement - Joint (Dec 2012 - June 2014) - frequency - monthly
Electricity and Gas - Joint (Sept 2012 - Dec 2013) - frequency - every 3 months
Tenancy agreement - Joint (Sept 2012 - Sept 2014) - frequency - once every year
Car Insurance -my name (Sept 2012 - June 2014)
GP Letter - wife name (Sept 2012 - June 2014)

From June to Sept 2012 we were living in a accommodation where all bills was paid by landlord (my friends place) - do I need to attach proof of this as well ? if so is a letter from landlord sufficient ?

Could you please let me know if the above is enough or if not please let me know what docs can I use ?

Thanks

krssubbu

Re: Cohab proof and form to use

Post by krssubbu » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Any thoughts on this please?

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:53 pm

If your wife is currently on FLR(M) it will be form SET(M).

For cohab docs the requirement is six documents in joint names spread over the two year period leading up to your application, and the documents must be from at least three different sources. Of the documents you've listed I would personally include the tenancy agreements to cover the full two year period, and then choose from the other joint documents to make up to six - to be really safe you might want to include a couple of extra documents, so eight total. Divide the two year period into four month blocks and make sure you have at least one document to cover each block.

Remember that all the documents must be originals.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:39 pm

hi,

Thanks for the reply. my wife is not on FLR(M) she is on spouse visa / ILR dependant visa. do I still need to use the SET(M) form ?

secondly,

will this be sufficient

all these are on Joint name

Council Tax Bill (Sept 12, Sept 13)
Gas and Electric (Jan 13, Jan 14)
Water Bill (May 13, May 14)

Does this make up 6 letter from 3 different sources covering 2 year period ? I will also include tenancy agreement and few others but does the above looks ok ? (my main concern is the 3 different sources covering 2 year period?)

Thanks

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:32 pm

The following docs are sufficient if in joint names.

1. Council Tax Annual statement
2. Water bills
3. Tenancy agreement

Only one letter per year for each category is sufficient as these come annually.

If you both are registered on electoral register, get a letter from your local electoral office to confirm this. I had gone to enquire at my local electoral office and they issued the letter there and then which was a surprise. They usually charge £15.

Refer to my post for details.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1003974