ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issue with opening Business Account(visa less than 3 months)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cuckoo
Newly Registered

Issue with opening Business Account(visa less than 3 months)

Post by cuckoo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi There

My business partner and I are applying for entrepreneur visa soon (by Mid April as my visa will expire in a month time). We got registered a limited company (Development & Management consultancy) with company house recently and visited several banks to open business account, however most of the banks are not opening bank account as our visas are expiring in less than 3 months.

Anyone has similar experience before and how you managed it to open business account?
Moreover, can we show our Personal money (50k) into simple cash account (NOT saving account or current account) ?

One more point that might help the forum users to answer our question: If my business partner (Visa is expiring in August which has still more than 3 months validity) just opens a business account with our existing company then do the banks mention name of the person on Welcome letter or it is just with name of our registered company that we have to submit to HO?

Any tips and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

sam0300

Re: Issue with opening Business Account(visa less than 3 mon

Post by sam0300 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:00 pm

My dear Brother ,

Open Joint Business account online with http://www.mycashplus.co.uk/ and they are FSA registered an will open account online for you on the same time.

Remember open joint account. UKBA will not accept 2 Accounts.

nas2014
Newly Registered

Post by nas2014 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:56 pm

If you haven't started trading yet. Business account is not mandatory requirement, However you must have joint personal account showing 50k.

beg12
Newly Registered

Post by beg12 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Send Email to book appointment
Rossa O'Sullivan
Local Business Manager
RETAIL BUSINESS BANKING
Rossa.O'Sullivan@lloydsbanking.com | 34 Moorgate London EC2R 6P

If you both have current account with Same bank, Walk in branch as customer adviser to connect call with business banking team to open business account.