ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport renewal in London - queries

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Indian Passport renewal in London - queries

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks for the update. What is the new lead time for passport delivery? Still 5 weeks?
Regards,
crowbar6

vrg18
Newly Registered

Post by vrg18 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:41 pm

Hello Guys,

I am kinda new to this group/board. So trying to post a reply as apposed to posting a new topic (which I am not sure how do I do?, :roll: tried many options but cannot find the button to post a new topi/questions)

My question here is about my current Indian Passport which is expired in Nov 2013 (I happen to just realise that, reason: Tier 1 application pending at the UKBA)
- As I do not have my current expired passport, am I able to still do the application for a new passport at the Indian High Commission in London?

Could someone please post a reply as soon as possible, that will be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
VRG18

hellomynameis
Newly Registered

Post by hellomynameis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Does anyone how long it takes to get passport delivered via special delivery?
Went to the HCI in London on the 6TH January 2014 have a special delivery bag and the person at the counter said it will be delievered in 3-4 weeks 4 weeks have pasted emailed them saying check in 5 weeks so don't know what information to believe want to fly before 10th Feb 2014 anyone had same problem?

Bals
Newly Registered

Post by Bals » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:27 am

I am in a similar situation. Sent passport by post on 18th December 2013 and it was recieved on 20th. Acknowledged on 27th and was issued a file number after i sent an email 3 weeks later. I have been told that it takes 5 to 7 weeks as the passports are printed in india and sent in batches. Keeping my fingers crossed and I am nearing the 7 week mark.

shiboy78
Newly Registered

Post by shiboy78 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:05 pm

hi, i need to renew my Indian passport in London office. is it any option to get it fast track or within 5 days?,and how much the fees?

vespasian
Newly Registered

Post by vespasian » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:38 am

Hi

Just back from Indian Embassy, London.

First of all thanks all for the information on this board. It was really helpful.

My experience below -
I tried to reach embassy by 6 in the morning, but could manage to reach there by 6.25am.
May be because its mid-week day, did not find much rush by that time. I was 3rd person in the line.

Token distribution time - 8.30am - 11.30am
Counter times - 09.00am - 01.00pm

From 10th Feb 2014, the facility of Passport collection in person has been stopped. Every one has to bring a pre-paid Royal Mail envelope. (Next day delivery costs around £6.95)
Don't worry if you do not get the envelope, stand in line and get the token. The near by Post Office opens at 9.00am (except Tuesdays - its 9.30am)

Officers at the counter are helpful and allow us to submit application first and get the envelop afterwards.

Also, one most important thing to remember - as someone already posted, all the Passports are now printed in India. So expect delivery by 5-7 weeks.

You need 4 - 35cm X 45cm size photos. I read on site that only 2 photos are required. So its better to keep a couple of more copies in bag.

Still if someone who has urgent requirement of Passport renewal, they can explain at the counter and get a short validity passport (Valid only for 2 years) and get it within 5-7 days time.

Over all experience was good. If you are within first few numbers in the Q, you can complete your Application submission not more than 30 minutes.

A notice at the Embassy - Passport and Counsellor Office

Walking map from Holborn underground station -

Hope everyone finds it easy.

All the best

Vespasian

ikkarthik
Newly Registered

Post by ikkarthik » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply renewal of my son's passport next week at HCI London. He is 5 years old and goes to school.

My query is, do i need to take him when i go to HCI for his passport's renewal? Some of my friends say i need to take him, but when my wife called up HCI London, they said he is not required to be there for renewal and just the parents can do it.

Anyone had been in similar situation? Any idea about whether i needt to take my son to the HCI London for renewal?

Thanks,
-Karthik.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:42 pm

ikkarthik wrote:Hello everyone,

do i need to take him when i go to HCI for his passport's renewal?
-Karthik.
No dont have to take him, you can apply on behalf of him. Read the instructions given on HCI website.

ikkarthik
Newly Registered

Post by ikkarthik » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:21 pm

z18runway wrote:
ikkarthik wrote:Hello everyone,

do i need to take him when i go to HCI for his passport's renewal?
-Karthik.
No dont have to take him, you can apply on behalf of him. Read the instructions given on HCI website.

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:21 am

Hi, I have applied for Indian Passport renewal & new passport for Baby on 31-Jan-2014.... but still waiting for passport .....

Has any one applied during same time, recieved it ???

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:38 pm

vkjainuk wrote:Hi, I have applied for Indian Passport renewal & new passport for Baby on 31-Jan-2014.... but still waiting for passport .....

Has any one applied during same time, recieved it ???
What did the counter staff told you about the collection, becuase postal collection is only from feb 10.

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:11 am

I submitted the self address envelope alonmgwith renewal application .
they told that passport collection in person is stopped.

It will take about 5 weeks (now 5 weeks is already elapsed, but no passport :(

AKSrini
Newly Registered

Post by AKSrini » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Hello All

I submitted my passport for renewal on Jan 17, 2014 at Birmingham. Still haven't received the passport. I tried calling the consulate numerous times with no luck. Also I sent several queries using their Contact form (including the Complaint to Consular) , nothing worked. Any idea how to reach out to them on the status of my passport. Any information is much appreciated

Thanks!

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:41 pm

AKSrini wrote:Hello All

I submitted my passport for renewal on Jan 17, 2014 at Birmingham. Still haven't received the passport. I tried calling the consulate numerous times with no luck. Also I sent several queries using their Contact form (including the Complaint to Consular) , nothing worked. Any idea how to reach out to them on the status of my passport. Any information is much appreciated

Thanks!
Last option would be in-person enquiry.

AKSrini
Newly Registered

Post by AKSrini » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:34 am

Thank you z18runway,

Any suggestions on the timings. Is it better to go in the morning(9 - 12) or in the evening (3-4.30). I read that there is no walk-in collection of passports from Feb 10. Will they let me in to make the enquiry?

Thanks

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:36 am

AKSrini wrote:Thank you z18runway,

Any suggestions on the timings. Is it better to go in the morning(9 - 12) or in the evening (3-4.30). I read that there is no walk-in collection of passports from Feb 10. Will they let me in to make the enquiry?

Thanks
one of my friend had this problem, he went directly and later found out that after 6 weeks still they had their file not sent to india, he had argument there and took the old passport back and complained to the higher dept and later they emailed to india to urge for new passport. he went in the morning HCI london

prasadnadendla
Newly Registered

Post by prasadnadendla » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:18 am

Hi Team,

I applied passport renewal on 23-01-2014. It is 7th week now I did not get new passport.

I sent email to know status on this and they mentioned they are waiting for booklets to come from india.

Any one got passport already if they applied in January 2014? Please let me know I need to travel in next two weeks times.

ssm4u
India

Post by ssm4u » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 pm

Sounds scary:(. I've applied my passport in the 3rd week of Feb in person at London. I've also got my file number immediately written on the receipt. I've a travel plan in the end of march. I'm now really anxious after hearing the experience from the fellow members. Could anyone tell me what is the other alternative to travel to india and come back without having the passport. I've the BRP card separately.
ssm4u

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:41 pm

prasadnadendla wrote:Hi Team,

I applied passport renewal on 23-01-2014. It is 7th week now I did not get new passport.

I sent email to know status on this and they mentioned they are waiting for booklets to come from india.

Any one got passport already if they applied in January 2014? Please let me know I need to travel in next two weeks times.
Please email HCI London and mention your travel plans and request them expediate the re-issue from India. I also recommend visiting HCI London counter #7 in-person in the morning slots and explain your situation. Carry proof such as tickets, etc. to substantiate your urgent travel claim.
Regards,
crowbar6

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:44 pm

ssm4u wrote:Sounds scary:(. I've applied my passport in the 3rd week of Feb in person at London. I've also got my file number immediately written on the receipt. I've a travel plan in the end of march. I'm now really anxious after hearing the experience from the fellow members. Could anyone tell me what is the other alternative to travel to india and come back without having the passport. I've the BRP card separately.
You can travel to India on a one-way emergency certificate issued by HCI London, and then apply for an ordinary passport while in India. If this is not suitable, I suggest you may try the approach I've mentioned in the above post.
Regards,
crowbar6

rahul656
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rahul656 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:45 pm

Hello All,

I submitted my application on 28th Jan, 2014. After waiting for 6 weeks , i started sending email to the enquiry office regarding the status. Today i have got an email stating that i need to re-submit the photographs as per the new requirements which is 51cm by 51 cm.

Anybody else has been asked to resubmit photographs? I am not sure why did they ask me to resubmit photos after i made the enquiry , they could have asked me otherwise.

Me and my wife submitted the application at same time and they just asked me to submit the photos where they my wife application is still under process. what does it mean? Does it mean that my passport is ready and they are just waiting to get new photos for their record. why they did not ask my wife's photos to be resubmitted.

I have replied them with the question . Will let you all know once i get the response back.

tier2_cts

Post by tier2_cts » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi All,

My passport will expire soon. I am planning to applying for re-issue of passport in a week or 2.
I request you all to help me out to complete the application form.

1. Application for Indian passport: I am applying for re-issue of passport since my current passport is getting expired. I got married recently hence I don’t have my spouse name, I want to add my spouse in the new passport. So should I have to tick both Re-issue of passport and Miscellaneous Service options?
2. Question No: 7 – Full name of father – Should I have to write down first name + surname or just first name? Please note, my current passport has only first name.
3. Question No: 8 – Full name of mother – Should I have to write down first name + surname or just first name? Please note, my current passport has only first name.
4. Question No: 14 – Full name of spouse – Should I have to write down first name + surname or just first name?
5. Question No: 26 – Details of the service required (If applying for misc. service) : Should I have write down “addition of spouse name”?

Also could you please let me know if the below documents are sufficient enough?

1. Current passport
2. Original BRP card
3. Photocopies of passport first page , last page and expired visa pages (self-attested)
4. Photocopy of BRP card (self- attested)
5. Special delivery cover
6. 4 photos
7. Fee
8. Original Marriage certificate (Self-attested)
9. Spouse original passport ---------- Do I need this?
10. Original spouse BRP card
11. Photocopies of spouse passport first page , last page and expired visa pages (self-attested)
12. Photocopy of spouse BRP card (self- attested)

Please note : I am not going to change my permanent address. Going to apply for re-issue of new passport as my current passport is getting expired and add my spouse name in my new passport.

Thanks.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:24 am

Indian passport renewal timeline.
applied in person @london HCI -20/2/14
got delivered on 27/3/14 through spl.del. royal mail post.

thanks

Debrup
Newly Registered

Post by Debrup » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi,

I put in my application for Additional pages on 3rd April. Under normal circumstances, I would expect my shining new passport by end of May 2014 given the 5-7 weeks timeframe. However, does the old passport booklet also come at the same time alongwith the new passport or does it come earlier.

mightypower

Post by mightypower » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:47 pm

Debrup wrote:Hi,

I put in my application for Additional pages on 3rd April. Under normal circumstances, I would expect my shining new passport by end of May 2014 given the 5-7 weeks timeframe. However, does the old passport booklet also come at the same time alongwith the new passport or does it come earlier.
How can they do two different deliveries when you might have provided only one self adressed envelope? anyway your old passport would become redundant anyway.