ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accountant letter says "without responsibility"

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rknshree26
Newly Registered

Accountant letter says "without responsibility"

Post by rknshree26 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:36 pm

HI,

My ILR is due in May 2015, but i have come across this situation where I got a accountant letter for my limited company earnings for the General visitor visa for my mother.
It is when i realize the format of letter my accountant is providing the letter for earnings.
It say Without responsibility" in bold on top.

and it claims that the information has been believed to be true but the accountancy firm takes no responsibility whatsoever of this and home office should use it at their own risk.

I am just worried if the same letter format will be a problem for my ILR ? Should I consider changing the accountant as i don't think they are ready to change their format for such references.

Any opinions ?

rknshree26
Newly Registered

Re: Accountant letter says "without responsibility"

Post by rknshree26 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:48 am

Any suggestions please ?
Has anyone used an accountant letter that had such a disclaimer ?

Yash001

Post by Yash001 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:00 am

This is not correct. Your accountant has to provide a letters rating that your company accounts is fine and you have paid your taxes etc.. As he is your accountant, he should certify based on company financial records. If you want, I can send a sample letter.

rknshree26
Newly Registered

Post by rknshree26 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:06 am

Thanks for replying.

My accountant will certify/stamp all my records, dividend vouchers, management records, pay slips etc.
The only issue is the format of this letter, the letter confirms everything properly including company profit, turnover, net dividend , gross dividend , net salary and gross one.
The letter also confirms their membership number of the accountant body.
It just that they put this "Without Responsibility" and disclaimer thing.

Please send me the letter format which you may have used.

rknshree26
Newly Registered

Post by rknshree26 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:09 pm

After chasing my Accountancy firm and discussing with them, I have been told and provided with proof that the format is advised by the institute of chartered accountants in England and wales.

Here is the link

http://www.icaew.com/~/media/Files/Tech ... lients.pdf

the pdf has the last reference letter example.

i think i can include this in my cover letter saying the reference letter has been prepared by accountant who is a member of ICAEW, a recognized body as per the guidelines, and the reference letter conforms to the standards advised by the same.

Do you think, that should be good enough ? Its a pain to change accountants and move everything, that will be my lost resort if this idea seems too risky.