ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tmoodi
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by tmoodi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:33 pm

Hello Hardikjshah83,
I am really very thank full to you that u provide the current position about delay situation, but please do you have any idea after completion the 6 month delay,any possible solution about the application. please share with me.
regards
moodi

tmoodi
Newly Registered

Post by tmoodi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi Keepwaitingg;
Any news ? I didn't received any news ,
still waiting,
moodi

true_liez
Newly Registered

Post by true_liez » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:47 pm

After reading Kan31 case i am worried about my case now. Once i have sent out-of-time application by 3 days but subsequently i was granted the visa. All other applications were on time.

My timeline:

application date : 28 jan , 2013
bio enrolled: 20 feb

still waiting

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:59 pm

vickylol wrote:With the help of almighty Allah I got my ILR.

My time line follows-
Application date:- 26/11/13
Bio letter revd:- 02/01/14
Brp & doc:- 07/03/14

Student 6 years - PSW 2 years - EEA 2 years

Total time 3 month 9 days
Congrats Vicky great news....enjoy your freedom I simply love it when some one get his approval...good news is that waiting times are coming down...u got it in 14 weeks. Just last month on average it was 20 weeks wait. I hope they will get in to JAN soon...
Once again congrats mate....enjoy...
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:02 pm

true_liez wrote:After reading Kan31 case i am worried about my case now. Once i have sent out-of-time application by 3 days but subsequently i was granted the visa. All other applications were on time.

My timeline:

still waiting

As far as you are within 28 days....you are fine mate.

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:45 pm

Still no news.... :(

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:19 pm

smileybee wrote:Still no news.... :(
According to Skydrive data HO is still dealing with November applications. As you have applied in December you may have to wait for few more weeks.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:34 pm

smileybee wrote:Still no news.... :(
Hey I m sure u will get some good news in next couple of weeks as some one got approval today and he applied on 25/11. you are getting there just chill .....

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:38 pm

Praying hard hoping to get it by next week...

bb2012

Post by bb2012 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:13 pm

KashRIz wrote:
true_liez wrote:After reading Kan31 case i am worried about my case now. Once i have sent out-of-time application by 3 days but subsequently i was granted the visa. All other applications were on time.

My timeline:

still waiting

As far as you are within 28 days....you are fine mate.
HI KashRiz,

But in Kan31 case there is only 1 day out of time, however they still refused.

Please advise.

Thanks

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 pm

kan31 wrote:Hi,need quick replay my SET(LR) got refused today/03/14 the reason set out

you are seeking indefinite leave to remain on the basis of having completed 10 years continuous lawful residence in the UK,it is noted in your immigration history that you entered the UK on 18 th October 2003.you then lawful leave in the UK until 30 August 2004 .on 31 August you applied out time for leave as a student ,however your application was reject on 10 September as you failed to submit mandatory documentation.on 11 October 2004 you applied out of time for leave to remain as a student,however your application was reject on 25 October 2004 due to fee issues.on 08 November 2004 you applied out time for leave to remain as a student ,this time your application was successful and you were issued leave to remain on 11 December 2004 valid until 30 may 2005 .it must be pointed out that any time spent following the submission of an out of time application awaiting for consideration of the application is not considered lawful even if that application is subsequently granted.there for you did not have any valid leave in the UK BETWEEN 30 AUGUST 2004 WHEN YOUR LEAVE TO ENTER AS A STUDENT EXPIRED UNTIL 11 DECEMBER 2004 WHEN YOU WERE NEXT GRANTED LEAVE TO REMAIN IN THE UK,A PERIOD OF 102 DAYS.THERE FOR YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED 10 YEARS CONTINUOUS LAWFUL RESIDENCE AND YOU DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF PARAGRAPH 276B(i)(a)

still i have valid leave to remain till next year January,i dint get appeal rights ,because of 1 day out time application they calculate whole period out time application ,even its not possible for fee issue because i paid by postal order.
please any one advise me what can i do

application sent -08/10/2013
bio letter received-27/10/2013
bio given- 01/11/2013
application refused-12/03/2014

LR ROUTE- 8 years student 2 year discretion leave to remain .

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:40 pm

HI KashRiz,

Please advise.

Thanks[/quote]
If u look at Kan31's post it clearly says that his application was refused then he REAPPLIED OUT OF TIME application and got refused due to fee and then again he applied OUT OF TIME application....hope u understand

bb2012

Post by bb2012 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:47 pm

KashRIz wrote:HI KashRiz,

Please advise.

Thanks
If u look at Kan31's post it clearly says that his application was refused then he REAPPLIED OUT OF TIME application and got refused due to fee and then again he applied OUT OF TIME application....hope u understand[/quote]

Hi KashRiz,

Thank you very much for your clarification, it is clear to me now.

The only thing which was confusing me was the total number of days mentioned by Homeoffice, As they have calculated from 30Th Aug till December. total of 102 days.

It looks like if when someone applies first time out time, then make subsequent out of time applications, then total number of days should not be more than 28 days?

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:32 am

bb2012 wrote:
KashRIz wrote:HI KashRiz,

Please advise.

Thanks
If u look at Kan31's post it clearly says that his application was refused then he REAPPLIED OUT OF TIME application and got refused due to fee and then again he applied OUT OF TIME application....hope u understand
Hi KashRiz,

Thank you very much for your clarification, it is clear to me now.

The only thing which was confusing me was the total number of days mentioned by Homeoffice, As they have calculated from 30Th Aug till December. total of 102 days.

It looks like if when someone applies first time out time, then make subsequent out of time applications, then total number of days should not be more than 28 days?[/quote]
no once his first application was refused he had no immigration status in the country and he applied for out of time application which was once refused but eventually got accepted at 2nd attempt. In his case he had no immigration status in this country from the day his first visa ended to the the date he got his new visa... I dont know ur case but if u applied a day late and your got ur application accepted then u r fine as it fall within 28 day period but if u had a refusal and u launched a new application in that case the period u spent on the process of both applications will be considered as GAP. Hope it clarify your question..

yasirctl00001
Newly Registered

Post by yasirctl00001 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:30 am

Dear All,

I came to UK on 11 JAN 2004. I am applying for ILR under 10 year rule before the end of January 2014 (my current leave runs out on 16 March 2016 HSMP tier 1 GENERAL).

I have received my SAR file today from Home Office. All the data seems to be in order, except for 1 thing.

During 2008, my visa was expiring on 31st March 2008 (student Visa and applied for extension). Home office received my application on 26 March 2008.

I forgot to fill the section on forms from 7.2 to7.6 which were mandatory. As a result in the SAR documents I received I can see on 14 April 2008 my case was rejected and it has notes/minutes saying .. Application not completed section 7.2 to7.6 are mandatory, there fore application rejected and returned all documents including passport and other supporting documents. Dated 14 April

I received the returned documents along with a letter next day by filling the section from 7.2 to 7.6 according to SAR home office received my documents again on 16 April 2008.

In the SAR file I can see a decision made on 10th May 2008 and they granted me visa until 31st October 2009
What concerns me and why I have told you this whole story is the following:
1- In the SAR in case record sheet for the date 10th May 2008 when the leave to remain was granted, there is a note saying "previous application rejected"
Question: Given the circumstances above, is it safe to assume, a gap has occurred and the ILR clock has been reset in 2008?
Can this argument be used to say that, actually the ILR clock has not been broken?
I have seven time visa extension and all time applications were made on time except this rejection mentioned above though it was submitted on time too.

Thanking you in anticipation.

yasirctl00001
Newly Registered

10 years long residence applications

Post by yasirctl00001 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:32 am

Dear All,

I came to UK on 11 JAN 2004. I am applying for ILR under 10 year rule before the end of January 2014 (my current leave runs out on 16 March 2016 HSMP tier 1 GENERAL).

I have received my SAR file today from Home Office. All the data seems to be in order, except for 1 thing.

During 2008, my visa was expiring on 31st March 2008 (student Visa and applied for extension). Home office received my application on 26 March 2008.

I forgot to fill the section on forms from 7.2 to7.6 which were mandatory. As a result in the SAR documents I received I can see on 14 April 2008 my case was rejected and it has notes/minutes saying .. Application not completed section 7.2 to7.6 are mandatory, there fore application rejected and returned all documents including passport and other supporting documents. Dated 14 April

I received the returned documents along with a letter next day by filling the section from 7.2 to 7.6 according to SAR home office received my documents again on 16 April 2008.

In the SAR file I can see a decision made on 10th May 2008 and they granted me visa until 31st October 2009
1- In the SAR in case record sheet for the date 10th May 2008 when the leave to remain was granted, there is a note saying "previous application rejected"
Question: Given the circumstances above, is it safe to assume, a gap has occurred and the ILR clock has been reset in 2008?
Can this argument be used to say that, actually the ILR clock has not been broken?
I have seven time visa extension and all time applications were made on time except this rejection mentioned above though it was submitted on time too.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:33 am

tmoodi wrote:Hello Hardikjshah83,
I am really very thank full to you that u provide the current position about delay situation, but please do you have any idea after completion the 6 month delay,any possible solution about the application. please share with me.
regards
moodi
tmoodi - i am afraid i am not the lawyer, however I know that the new service standard of 6 months only applied to the applications from 1st Jan and that also suggested that incase if HO cant decide application in 6 months they will write you and explain the situation - it doesnt gurantee everyone's decision will be taken in 6 months.

one thing for sure - why cant i see your data on Sky drive? you will appreciate that if you add it on skydrive it will help others in future too - can you please add your details on Skydrive?

also if you have finished waiting for 6 months only other option i think is getting your MP involved an write a letter.

thx.

maria20110

Post by maria20110 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:14 am

Many Many congrats Vicky on receiving your ILR approval letter. gives so much pleasure to read the news that sumbody has received it.You applied on 26th Nov and I applied on 2nd Dec so its getting quite close...I feel excited that it may be coming anytime soon! Mine is a pretty straight forward case.

Just want to know ppl who received their ILR letters , were they in a brown envelope? ( so i can keep a look out for the envelope).
I have applied through settlement checking service so they have returned all my original documents to me already wth the passport. I wud just be receiving a letter!
Regards

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:27 am

maria20110 wrote:Many Many congrats Vicky on receiving your ILR approval letter. gives so much pleasure to read the news that sumbody has received it.You applied on 26th Nov and I applied on 2nd Dec so its getting quite close...I feel excited that it may be coming anytime soon! Mine is a pretty straight forward case.

Just want to know ppl who received their ILR letters , were they in a brown envelope? ( so i can keep a look out for the envelope).
I have applied through settlement checking service so they have returned all my original documents to me already wth the passport. I wud just be receiving a letter!
Regards
Hi - what is this settlement checking service - wondered if you can provide more detail - it may help someonelse. does it mean they send you your documents back straight away?

expresso12

Post by expresso12 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am

maria20110 wrote:Many Many congrats Vicky on receiving your ILR approval letter. gives so much pleasure to read the news that sumbody has received it.You applied on 26th Nov and I applied on 2nd Dec so its getting quite close...I feel excited that it may be coming anytime soon! Mine is a pretty straight forward case.

Regards
I didn't know such a service exists! I just missed my sisters wedding!! :cry:

konprode
Newly Registered

Post by konprode » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:41 am

Hardikjshah83 wrote:

Regards
Hi - what is this settlement checking service - wondered if you can provide more detail - it may help someonelse. does it mean they send you your documents back straight away?
This is interesting. I thought they provided this service only for SET (M) form.

Cheers

maria20110

Post by maria20110 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:43 am

Hardikjshah83 wrote:

Regards

Hi, Settlement Checking Service serves Home office basically and they give u an appointment. You take your passports n all original documents and a case worker there looks into them, makes photocopies of the required ones and return you your original documents plus passports then n there. Then they just send over the filled form plus copies of ur documents to HO and then its the normal process where u receive acknowledgement letter, bio letter n stuff.

Hi Konprode, yes they provide it for set (M) forms which was my form.

maria20110

Post by maria20110 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:47 am

expresso12 wrote:

Regards
I didn't know such a service exists! I just missed my sisters wedding!! :cry:
The only benefit of this service is that you get your original documents plus passports back instantly. Yet they say if you travel abroad during the time your application is in process, your application would be considered invalid!! so its just a peace of mind that u can travel anytime in case of emergencies god forbid and you wont have to write letetrs to HO for handing ur documents back.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:48 am

yasirctl00001 wrote:Dear All,

Hello yasir,

I am not a solicitor but according to my understanding that refusal will not break your 10 years continuity as you submitted your application in time and after refusal by just filling one part of application still ur stay should be regularised and as u said that u have re submitt the application straightaway , so it seems u will be okay .

However in the application form of LR( SEt) I am not sure wether u have to mentioned or not as there is one question in which u have to tell them wether you exceed your stay ?

If any one on this forum put more light on it according to the home office guidance that will be beneficiary for one of my friend as well who has similar problem but with different scenario ( twice his application returned back as INVALID on different occasion in his ten years legal stay in UK)

Looking forward to sensible , reliable answer from the experienced moderator or advice on it !

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:18 pm

yasirctl00001 wrote:Dear All,

Hi yasirctl00001,

these may help you

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003 ... on/12/made
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007 ... on/17/made

basically back then before they changed the law in nov 2008 i think, you should have been given 28 days to return your application before it becomes invalidated. so this gap should not be a problem.

im in the same position as you as in sept 2007 before my student visa expired i applied for an extension. They returned it back because i hadnt ticked the criminal box (which is section 7 i think). They gave me 28 days to return it, which i did. I submitted my application for ilr last year so ill let you know how it turns out.