ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport entery stamp

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arsalankhan
Newly Registered

passport entery stamp

Post by arsalankhan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:19 am

hi there I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me with my query. I currently hold a Pakistani passport with the endorsement of residence document stating my status as a family member of an EEA national. I am married to an EEA national and recently in October 2013 I travelled to Pakistan on my Pakistani passport and on entering Pakistan they stamped my passport with entry stamp and when I was returning the immigration at Pakistan airport stamped my passport again with exit stamp but when I arrived in UK the immigration officer asked me couple of questions and then I was on my way out within minutes but when I checked my passport there was no UK entry stamp on it so I was thinking that is it must to get the entry stamp on my passport or it doesn't matter please help thank you.

vinny

Re: passport entery stamp

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:58 am

Chapter 7, section 3: EEA nationals and their families wrote:5.2.6. Endorsing the passports of residence card holders

Regulation 11(3) states that an immigration officer may not place a stamp in the passport of a person who holds a residence card when he/she is admitted to the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

arsalankhan
Newly Registered

Post by arsalankhan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Oh thanks so it means if i travell in future there wont be any problems with my passport for not having any stamps and the other thing is that i dont have a reaidence card i have a visa sticker on my passport saying faimly member of and EEA national is it still the same thing? And is it true that id i have lived with my EEA national wife for 3 years i can apply for a permanent recidence ? Thankyou

khokhar123
Newly Registered

Post by khokhar123 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:49 pm

hi arsalan hope u ok am pakistani aswell i want to ask you a question is that possibal for you to inbox me ur number or we can talk in inbox?

thank you

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:04 am

arsalankhan wrote:Oh thanks so it means if i travell in future there wont be any problems with my passport for not having any stamps and the other thing is that i dont have a reaidence card i have a visa sticker on my passport saying faimly member of and EEA national is it still the same thing? And is it true that id i have lived with my EEA national wife for 3 years i can apply for a permanent recidence ? Thankyou
No, it's not true. You have to be living together with the EEA wife (who must have been exercising EU treaty rights) for 5 years, not 3.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:47 am

To be safe, keep all evidence of entries and exits, such as travel tickets and boarding passes, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zrana
Newly Registered

Post by zrana » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:00 pm

Hello arsalankhan...Can you please share the questions which were asked you by the immigration officer on a way back in uk????

Deeone

Post by Deeone » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:01 am

I had the same issue the lady at the immigration desk even ask why am I depending on my EU family member as an adult and was asking a derogative question she later insist she must stamp my passport and did my fingerprintI will like to know if this is lawful and right I Felt I was discriminated against.
I will like to hear from other members of this forum their opinions,

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:00 pm

Deeone: Do you have EEA2 (RC) or EEA family permit?

arsalankhan
Newly Registered

Post by arsalankhan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:01 pm

zrana wrote:Hello arsalankhan...Can you please share the questions which were asked you by the immigration officer on a way back in uk????
Hello zrana the reply to you question is that they didn't asked much i gave them the passport and they asked me that who is a eu member in your family and i told them my wife and they asked me where my wife was from and they asked me how long was the trip, why my wife didn't go with me and all i told them that listen mate my wife is outside in arrival lounge if you got a problem ill ring her and you can ask her these questions and then they stopped asking me questions and i was on my way out within minutes. But remember one thing give an honest answer and don't make up stories they are just doing their job.

arsalankhan
Newly Registered

Post by arsalankhan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:14 pm

khokhar123 wrote:hi arsalan hope u ok am pakistani aswell i want to ask you a question is that possibal for you to inbox me ur number or we can talk in inbox?

thank you
Hi khokhar123 sorry iam not able to inbox you as iam a new user and i dont wanna post my number here but you can e.mail me at arsalan_k67@hotmail.com thankyou

Deeone

Post by Deeone » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:21 pm

to the OP that asked the question on whether I haver RC or FP. I have an RC

Deeone

Post by Deeone » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:34 pm

to the OP that asked the question on whether I haver RC or FP. I have an RC

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:01 pm

Deeone wrote:to the OP that asked the question on whether I haver RC or FP. I have an RC
what for immigration officer finger printed you as EEA 2 RESIDENCE CARD HOLDERS ARE EXEPMT FROM FINGERPRINTS ON APPLICATION?
so what was the point to do that and where was our trip to?
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>